New clubs in the East of Scotland

8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

24+4 declared+All other Fife clubs but maybe not Tayport+West Calder suggested. 33 or 32 if take Tayport out of it.

Plus its possible the EoS 24 might be 23.

All those including Tayport + Scone + Eyemouth + Luncarty (if the latter get accepted) could bring it to 36, then I'd say 2 conferences would still be the best way forward.

A majority of clubs voted for it, that's what should go ahead. You're primarily against it because you want a buffer between Blackburn and the bottom division. 
Point of order folks as I just checked the option paper sent to clubs which was voted on. It was very specific.

The clubs voted for 2 conferences below the Premier Division next season to sort out the First and Second for the season after. That's specifically what the options were. Not 3. That carried by the smallest of majorities.

If there are too many clubs for 2 conferences, as set out in the paper, I don't see how we could proceed without canvassing clubs again.

Some of this chat is a bit alarmist. Leaving aside the Bo'ness up/Dalbeattie down scenarios on one hand and Eyemouth's potential return on the other: you'd need 13+ out of 19 first-team clubs south of the Tay to want to join to potentially spill over the top of 36. Plus that's including the like of Tayport who seem to have always played in Tayside leagues, Syngenta who were unsuccessful last year and now appear homeless, etc. etc.

Some of this chat is a bit alarmist. Leaving aside the Bo'ness up/Dalbeattie down scenarios on one hand and Eyemouth's potential return on the other: you'd need 13+ out of 19 first-team clubs south of the Tay to want to join to potentially spill over the top of 36. Plus that's including the like of Tayport who seem to have always played in Tayside leagues, Syngenta who were unsuccessful last year and now appear homeless, etc. etc.
As always, HibeeJibee the voice of reason. [emoji6]

27 minutes ago, Marten said:

All those including Tayport + Scone + Eyemouth + Luncarty (if the latter get accepted) could bring it to 36, then I'd say 2 conferences would still be the best way forward.

This. IF it is 36 clubs then 2 conferences of 18 would give a 34 game season if you scrap the inter-conference games for next season, the same amount of games as this season. Perfectly reasonable.

EDIT: The bottom 9 of each conference could then form Division Two for 21/22

Edited by Baldie2k19

Point of order folks as I just checked the option paper sent to clubs which was voted on. It was very specific.

The clubs voted for 2 conferences below the Premier Division next season to sort out the First and Second for the season after. That's specifically what the options were. Not 3. That carried by the smallest of majorities.

If there are too many clubs for 2 conferences, as set out in the paper, I don't see how we could proceed without canvassing clubs again.

If there is a massive number of clubs that move over to eos is it fair to have another vote as like you said the vote was for 2 conferences so what happens if they come back with 3 conferences what do clubs do then

At the moment the only rumour that might have legs is all the Fife clubs joining bar Tayport. As since that came out there's been 4 of the 7 to make public statements to that effect. So that 24+4+3 = 31.

So there's a lot more clubs that would need to apply. Eyemouth chat wasn't looking likely for a return. Syngenta more likely to fold than try EoS again. Fauldhouse United just saw their manager walk because he was pro-pyramid and its not looking likely.

Reading the article around the new West Calder management team they mention trying to win the league next year. So it doesn't look like its a move to the EoSFL at the moment:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/big-changes-hermand-park-west-21528764

“We now have 21 boys turning up for training and games so we just want to consolidate and maybe get a few wins on the board before the end of the season. Next season I want us to push for the league, I am not here for mediocrity and want to be striving and pushing for the league.

“I have good contacts in West Lothian and have spoken to a good few guys already who are at other clubs but are keen to come here next season.

7 minutes ago, Baldie2k19 said:

This. IF it is 36 clubs then 2 conferences of 18 would give a 34 game season if you scrap the inter-conference games for next season, the same amount of games as this season. Perfectly reasonable.

EDIT: The bottom 9 of each conference could then form Division Two for 21/22

Would have to be more than the bottom 9.  First division will only be 16 teams in 2021-22.

1 hour ago, never been to scotland said:

I think hes horrified at the idea of the likes of Bathgate being a tier above Blackburn in 18 month's time... ;)

Blackburn got their license and within a few weeks he was posting for the first time that the Scottish Cup should solely be restricted to licensed clubs :lol:

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I'm pretty sure they will. That has been the rumour for a while now.

The difference for the East junior teams that remain, than that of the West juniors is that The East Junior teams are able to call on the other previous junior teams and find out their experience, positives and negatives from last few years moving from East region juniors to the EOS league and then looking at what is left in their junior league, they can then make an objective decision on the future of their clubs.

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

The difference for the East junior teams that remain, than that of the West juniors is that The East Junior teams are able to call on the other previous junior teams and find out their experience, positives and negatives from last few years moving from East region juniors to the EOS league and then looking at what is left in their junior league, they can then make an objective decision on the future of their clubs.

mate that sounds like a very pragmatic way of thinking, no way will that concept catch on

"I may not know where I'm going, but I'll be damned if I'm going back where I've been"

2 minutes ago, Kemlin Dan said:

mate that sounds like a very pragmatic way of thinking, no way will that concept catch on

"I may not know where I'm going, but I'll be damned if I'm going back where I've been"

To be honest I think its a practical way and a theoretical way as well, combined, your covering all bases, doing the basic research that really all should do and then taking it further

If I was supporting one of the clubs in the east, Id be pissed off if the committee didn't do their research on the matter, the pro and cons of moving, what is expected to be left next season cause I expect one fan of every junior team  will have done their own research and know a thing fo two of the benefits and problems of leaving and staying.
in the west you'd be really surprised by how many chairmen or committee haven't got a clue of the pyramid and how it really works

A majority of clubs voted for it, that's what should go ahead. You're primarily against it because you want a buffer between Blackburn and the bottom division. 

No, I want want a structure that is there to suit the current members. You on the other hand are just here to troll and have no real idea what the issues are that clubs face. You're an immature Falkirk gobshite who gets kicks out of hanging round forums red dotting people randomly. One worth the watching for sure.