New clubs in the East of Scotland

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

This is a club that is often rumoured to be about to fold because there is no committee available to run them. Odds on the only people that are willing to do it at this point are disaffected Postal United/Edinburgh City/FC Edinburgh fans.

It's unlikely. I couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.

However, similar to BSC and others through west the Youth teams may have something to do with it. And they might know one or two things about running teams.

On 06/05/2023 at 23:13, FairWeatherFan said:

The club dropped it. As as I understand it the EoSFA/EoSFL would not accept just Swifts FC. As it's too generic. What with Jeanfield Swifts you can understand why. It's a bit like the recent Caledonian Thistle but there's ICT situation.

That is correct

• 2 weeks later...

Good chance that FC Edinburgh will now revert back to Edinburgh City, as the man responsible for the whole cherade is handing the club to a new owner, with greater fan involvement.

Don't know where this leaves Craigroyston.

17 hours ago, ARFC Exile said:

Good chance that FC Edinburgh will now revert back to Edinburgh City, as the man responsible for the whole cherade is handing the club to a new owner, with greater fan involvement.

Don't know where this leaves Craigroyston.

Two Edinburgh Cities? But which ones the best? 

tv-burp-fight.gif.d318fe5e29ccbc0bb7fe8726a024556a.gif

On 07/05/2023 at 19:25, tamthebam said:

Notcowdentofu to attract the Vegan pound...?

To prove some vegans have a sense of humour.

That is pretty funny.

38 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

After Edinburgh City's recent attempt, and Spartans history (Junior team and brief EoS reserve). I wonder if Spartans might try again at some point?

Would they have the playing resources (and finance) to try that? It'll cost a fair amount to sustain in SPFL2.

On 02/05/2023 at 20:19, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Good grief. You go away from P&B for a few weeks and come back to find the team from your village has joined the EOSFL! I’m in no way ITK about them and will be as intrigued as you will be about where they will eventually settle in the pyramid!

The only you left out is that the Hotspur vice chairman is the spitting image of Chandler Bing from the popular US TV sitcom Friends. 

There’s a portakabin newly installed at Linton Hotspur. If it survives the gala day* next week, I’ll believe it’s here for the season.

Lots of fences going up. It looks a bit like Glastonbury over there. Nobody is getting in there without paying their admission fee. Other than the aforementioned geese, try prising a fiver off them, cup tie shared gate or nothing , they’re not paying you even if you’re Talbot and you’ve brought a wee clicker. 

* Gala day, or the “Whipman Play” as they insist on calling it in these parts. I’ll never yield. It’s a gala day. Even though it goes on for about eight days. The bloody horses will be knackered by the end of it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Linton Hotspur confirmed.

Football on West Linton ✅

New Best Name in Scottish Football ✅

The best League in Scotland has 11  teams for 23/24 🥴

Screenshot_20230608_222941_Twitter.jpg

Will be a novel experience me getting home from a game of football before 5pm!

Wish them well. Not sure how often I’ll go as I’m a sucker for the up at dawn / road trip / massive walk / spot of lunch / fitba experience generally, as opposed to the potter about the house / walk five mins down the road type of game, but I’ll certainly pop along occasionally. Midweek games would be ideal for me!

8 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Will be a novel experience me getting home from a game of football before 5pm!

Wish them well. Not sure how often I’ll go as I’m a sucker for the up at dawn / road trip / massive walk / spot of lunch / fitba experience generally, as opposed to the potter about the house / walk five mins down the road type of game, but I’ll certainly pop along occasionally. Midweek games would be ideal for me!

Get up early, go somewhere and then come back.