Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

3 minutes ago, orfc said:

She nearly got Brexit binned by pointing out Johnson sending parliament into recess was illegal and got the supreme court to back her. If Sturgeon and her fellow gobshite Corbyn had fought Brexit as hard it may not have happened.

The fact she's a successful QC/KC must have helped in this case, but was also a backhanded reminder to Sturgeon that she got chased out of a law firm for fucking up her cases pursuing the same career - that can't have enamoured her to Nicola and her fans

Are you saying that Sturgeon carries some blame for Brexit?

I'd love to know how Nicola Sturgeon, not being a Westminster MP, was supposed to 'fight Brexit as hard' as Jeremy Corbyn, who absolutely is and was a Westminster MP.

Was she supposed to go doon and chap on the door and demand to be let in to vote or something?

Edited by Boo Khaki

5 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

Are you saying that Sturgeon carries some blame for Brexit?

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

I'd love to know how Nicola Sturgeon, not being a Westminster MP, was supposed to 'fight Brexit as hard' as Jeremy Corbyn, who absolutely is and was a Westminster MP.

Was she supposed to go doon and chap on the door and demand to be let in to vote or something?

Yes, that has been the gist of my posts today 🙂

Go back to my 3rd/4th last post - the SNP abstained in a vote to try and keep the UK in the single market, presumably that was her bidding?

Lukewarm resistance at best

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

It's been explained to you exactly why the SNP abstained on that particular vote.

"Lukewarm resistance" :lol:

No it wasn't 🙂

If they backed it they should have voted for it

If they didn't they should have voted against it

Abstaining - the luke warm weak lemon drink I have an important meeting I've just arranged at the consulate approach to decision making

3 minutes ago, orfc said:

No it wasn't 🙂

If they backed it they should have voted for it

If they didn't they should have voted against it

Abstaining - the luke warm weak lemon drink I have an important meeting I've just arranged at the consulate approach to decision making

Why should they play the UK’s game? If anything, the SNP’s fault in recent years has been playing along with the renegade UK’s make-it-up-as-we-go-along constitution and hardcore UK nationalism. f**k them, sideways. Every little bit of Brexit lies squarely at the foot of those who voted for, have since enabled, and are now loath to even question Brexit. The SNP should have done nothing for or with the UK on this since 2016, save to trumpet the fact that Scotland didn’t ask for it.

22 hours ago, alta-pete said:

I see the Portuguese villa has now been declared. Only nosiness on my part but wonder who owns the other 50%? 

It would be nice if you could spell out what this is for anyone not au fait with all the rumours and BS going about.

22 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

It would be nice if you could spell out what this is for anyone not au fait with all the rumours and BS going about.

It seems the shock news is that not only does Peter Murrell own a half share of a holiday home in Portugal, but Kate Forbes is a member of the Free Church and Humza's sister is a pharmacist.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/23364531.forbes-not-record-church-family-firms-official-register/

20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It seems the shock news is that not only does Peter Murrell own a half share of a holiday home in Portugal, but Kate Forbes is a member of the Free Church and Humza's sister is a pharmacist.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/23364531.forbes-not-record-church-family-firms-official-register/

What a non story 😄

I suppose it’ll still get clicks though, given the ongoing leadership contest.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/02/2023 at 18:46, orfc said:

Wingsy's sums seem to work out: £174K at £2 a member is <90,000 members

He is a very angry man, and I can't forgive his dreadful review of Turrican for the C64, but he knows how to do his research and he has absolutely picked apart Sturgeon and her acolytes the last couple of months

Well well well

Big wings was right...

4 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

SNP membership fees are at the discretion of the individual member, so as per usual 'Wingsy' is just taking a wild stab in the dark and positing it as fact.

This wasn't membership fees though

It was two branch levies at a pound per member, it's all in the link

2 minutes ago, orfc said:

This wasn't membership fees though

It was two branch levies at a pound per member, it's all in the link

I have no idea what a 'branch levy' supposedly is because I've never heard of any such thing, but it's also worth pointing out that he appears to be contending that SNP membership was 86,000 at the end of 2019, which nobody is arguing about in the first place.