Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

3 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

Imagine seeing the latest interjections in the SP from the likes of Ross, Wells, Fraser and Kerr and then saying, yes, the Tories in Scotland are the party for me.....

That's the thing, they don't see it. They're completely lacking in any political engagement. They vote for the tories to "save the yooonyin!". That's all they know about politics, that's all they need to know about politics. 

On 23/03/2023 at 07:45, Leith Green said:

Ross will start by saying something like "thanks for your years of service"then spend 5 times as long saying "however, SNP bad, Education, Economy, Memebership, Drug Deaths" etc

He is, as you say, an utterly charmless man.

I was actually a bit shocked by how vicious most of FMQs was, not just from Ross who was just about frothing at the mouth, but from Aswar and Baillie too. It was like they thought it was their last chance to put the boot in and it was unrelenting. Their responses to her final speech after FMQs were much more measured, Ross must have found some semi-woke staffer to write it for him.

2 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

That's the thing, they don't see it. They're completely lacking in any political engagement. They vote for the SNP to "get Indy!". That's all they know about politics, that's all they need to know about politics. 

Swapping a couple of words and there’s an equal - maybe larger - number who vote on the equivalent basis…

26 minutes ago, George Cowley said:

Swapping a couple of words and there’s an equal - maybe larger - number who vote on the equivalent basis…

Good point. I'm sure if it wasn't for their pursuit of independence they'd be quite happy to vote for the bedroom tax, the rape clause, the Judicial Review and Courts Act, the Public Order Bill and the abolishment of Holyrood.

1 hour ago, StellarHibee said:

Good point. I'm sure if it wasn't for their pursuit of independence they'd be quite happy to vote for the bedroom tax, the rape clause, the Judicial Review and Courts Act, the Public Order Bill and the abolishment of Holyrood.

Well that’s not quite what you said though was it? You said it was brain dead Yoonyinism and nothing else. All I’m saying is there’s an equal number, maybe more, on the side of Freeedum! 

8 minutes ago, George Cowley said:

Well that’s not quite what you said though was it? You said it was brain dead Yoonyinism and nothing else. All I’m saying is there’s an equal number, maybe more, on the side of Freeedum! 

Well if it isn't yooooonyinism, then what is it? The attractive policies that I outlined in my previous comment?

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Trogdor said:

There has been an air of inevitability about this. I'm not convinced he's done anything criminal but I'm not a lawyer.

He's dodgy as though and should have been jettisoned years ago.

As I've said- I don't think he's done anything legally wrong - but what's been done is morally wrong.