Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Anyone think that this is all a bit of political theatre and once it comes out in the wash Murrell will either not be charged or found not guilty?

I'm not convinced it's criminal. As Deetildeath said, it's morally wrong for sure and there have been warning signs that the party ignored. Politically that is difficult for the party to wriggle out of.

Also, I don't think the £600k being spent is the only issue though. I suspect some of the spending is dubious as well - not sure its Trump levels but I think even what it's been spent on and how it's been reported to the Elecotral commission and reported in the Accounts is an issue as well.

As I say, this is my suspicions and gut feel. It could be nonsense on my part.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I'm not convinced it's criminal. As Deetildeath said, it's morally wrong for sure and there have been warning signs that the party ignored. Politically that is difficult for the party to wriggle out of.

Also, I don't think the £600k being spent is the only issue though. I suspect some of the spending is dubious as well - not sure its Trump levels but I think even what it's been spent on and how it's been reported to the Elecotral commission and reported in the Accounts is an issue as well.

As I say, this is my suspicions and gut feel. It could be nonsense on my part.

Yep, but this is kinda where I am as well.

I think there is an issue with where the money was spent...........but could it be argued either way? Who knows, lawyers will look at it no doubt.

As you say, the issue is criminal charges - and if they find nothing, then it will be (more) egg on the face of the Crown office.......

39 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Could be putup to spare him doing a perp walk.  Or they might need to protect documents, hard drives etc.  Seems excessive and if it is to spare his blushes it's a disgrace. 

Worth stating that it's pretty clear Nicola Sturgeon stood up in front of the country a few weeks ago and lied through her teeth about why she was resigning.  Maybe she isn't the sainted glorious leader that so many people in this country think she is.  I wonder if she's ever lied about anything else important?  🤔

Redacted, shredded or deleted?

10 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Yep, but this is kinda where I am as well.

I think there is an issue with where the money was spent...........but could it be argued either way? Who knows, lawyers will look at it no doubt.

As you say, the issue is criminal charges - and if they find nothing, then it will be (more) egg on the face of the Crown office.......

If there are no criminal charges it will simply be proof that Police Scotland remain firmly in Wee Nippy's pocket, as arresting him in the first place of course causes no damage.

6 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

LouiseScottITV

'Locals tell me that Nicola Sturgeon was picked up at 8.10 before unmarked police vehicles and a van arrived at 8.30'

How fortunate for her....

Ah! A Rangers lite supporter having a wee hard on over the Police doing some investigations. 

2 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Ah! A Rangers lite supporter having a wee hard on over the Police doing some investigations. 

Yeah, think the haggis munchers have a few more questions to answer on H.Un adjacency than we do. Have you ever been to Inverness? It's like Airdrie during march season.

7 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Yeah, think the haggis munchers have a few more questions to answer on H.Un adjacency than we do. Have you ever been to Inverness? It's like Airdrie during march season.

From Falkirk? Rangers are the big team there!

Its been quite a spectacular implosion so far for the SNP, I wonder is this it now or is there more to come. If theres any legs to this it could take down a few people plus you might have some within the party getting ready to put the boot in over any perceived or real grudges they have been holding. 

Amongst all the tawdry and occasionally funny stuff going on here... How fucking depressing to see the unfolding of our continued stay under the heel of the English electorate and the horrific bigots they like to elect.