Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

6 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Going back to the thread title, I never thought my opinion of Nicola Sturgeon could change so dramatically and so quickly.

There will be some who will defend her right not to voice a preference for her successor but IMO it is an abrogation of responsibility.  She should make it clear that she is opposed to having a homophobe as SNP leader and First Minister.

She did say that last week?

Ms Sturgeon said that Scotland is a “socially progressive country and I believe that is majority opinion”.

She added: “Whoever is first minister the views that they have on all sorts of issues matter because people look to their first minister to see someone who will stand up for them and their rights and the job of first minister on a daily basis involves responding to things based your positions your values, your outlooks.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

Her self congratulatory speech was vomit inducing.

She failed with the closing of the attainment gap, Covid deaths in old folks homes, worst drugs deaths in Europe, the tried cover up on Salmond, Fergusons shipyard fiasco, reduced number of college places available, criminalisation of fitbaw fans etc

Most worrying NHS Scotland in turmoil. They're looking at integrating health and social care more closely. It'll offer the opportunity to open up a lot of community health services to the private sector. They've been privatising the NHS by stealth for years. They're driving home a procurement process that will offer the private sector opportunities to tender for all sorts. Tender on more than 1500 procedures, including a range of operations such as heart, cancer and brain surgery. There's been £150 million set aside over five years to finance the implementation of this process. NHS will hopefully remain free at a point of need, but, that doesn't mean it's not being privatised, because it already is.

She had failed to deliver on a unified, a progressive and a fairer Scotland. She very effectively managed to close down opposition witin her party, and has managed to ensure that Scotland is now more divided than ever. She had also, remained in the same statistical rut by ensuring the SNP have enough votes to win elections, but the SNP are no closer to delivering independence. She failed to bring onboard those who are not SNP voters, but want an independent Scotland (me).

Sadly for Scotland we're in limbo. A fractured, broken nation that has an inept Goverment with no effective political opposition. We cannot move on as a society, we're effectively stuck, and meanwhile we'll all keep burling round looking for both blame and inspiration.

1 hour ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

She failed with the closing of the attainment gap, Covid deaths in old folks homes, worst drugs deaths in Europe, the tried cover up on Salmond, Fergusons shipyard fiasco, reduced number of college places available, criminalisation of fitbaw fans etc

Most worrying NHS Scotland in turmoil. They're looking at integrating health and social care more closely. It'll offer the opportunity to open up a lot of community health services to the private sector. They've been privatising the NHS by stealth for years. They're driving home a procurement process that will offer the private sector opportunities to tender for all sorts. Tender on more than 1500 procedures, including a range of operations such as heart, cancer and brain surgery. There's been £150 million set aside over five years to finance the implementation of this process. NHS will hopefully remain free at a point of need, but, that doesn't mean it's not being privatised, because it already is.

She had failed to deliver on a unified, a progressive and a fairer Scotland. She very effectively managed to close down opposition witin her party, and has managed to ensure that Scotland is now more divided than ever. She had also, remained in the same statistical rut by ensuring the SNP have enough votes to win elections, but the SNP are no closer to delivering independence. She failed to bring onboard those who are not SNP voters, but want an independent Scotland (me).

Sadly for Scotland we're in limbo. A fractured, broken nation that has an inept Goverment with no effective political opposition. We cannot move on as a society, we're effectively stuck, and meanwhile we'll all keep burling round looking for both blame and inspiration.

Classic Reaction GIF

2 hours ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

You'll get an awfy doin for having that opinion about world leader Nicola on here

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
1 hour ago, razamanaz said:

You'll get an awfy doin for having that opinion about world leader Nicola on here

Maybe so, tbh I don't really care. She's an enigma, and there's a cult-ish element to her and an element of the SNP.

Edited by Wind Chime Jimmy

3 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

did anyone else apart from Sturgeon ever do a covid briefing? I was trying to remember but I couldnt think of anyone 

Swinney did a few. Jeane Freeman also.

Just now, Rugster said:

Swinney did a few. Jeane Freeman also.

I was just thinking if she had been planning leaving around now, giving some of the future leaders a chance to do them would have helped give them some experience and get them known a bit also

4 hours ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

Maybe so, tbh I don't really care. She's an enigma, and there's a cult-ish element to her and an element of the SNP.

Such a welcome fresh assessment. Cultish you say? Not sure if anyone else has noticed but there also a more than passing resemblance to wee Jimmy Krankie. There, I've said it. 

11 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

Such a welcome fresh assessment. Cultish you say? Not sure if anyone else has noticed but there also a more than passing resemblance to wee Jimmy Krankie. There, I've said it. 

You forgot to add that she's definitely spent 20 years in a phoney relationship to cover up being gay, because it would rule out any kind of career in Scottish politics if it ever came out.

Edited by welshbairn

Remember, she also faked a miscarriage just to attempt to endear herself to women, and give the false impression that she could possibly empathise with the sort of thing that a lot of white, middle-class women in Scotland go through. After all, what the f**k would she know about being a white, middle-class woman anyway? Vile separatist.

Edited by Boo Khaki

You think you're all being sarcastic now, but the way indy types have turned on a sixpence against their former heroes like Salmond, Cherry and Wingsy I bet you'll be saying it for real in a year or two

32 minutes ago, orfc said:

You think you're all being sarcastic now, but the way indy types have turned on a sixpence against their former heroes like Salmond, Cherry and Wingsy I bet you'll be saying it for real in a year or two

"Wingsy" !!!!

That should be enough to get a poster banned.

When exactly was Joanna Cherry ever a 'hero' to 'indi types'? :lol:

She is, and always has been, an obnoxious, abrasive, self-aggrandising arsehole, something she has in common with both Salmond and Rev. Stuart Incel.

The fact she is pro-indi is neither here nor there. Fucking bizarre black and white view that it's all either 'good guys' or 'wanks' depending on where they stand on constitutional matters. There are plenty decent sorts who are still pinning their colours to unionism, and utter bellends who are pro-indi.

3 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

When exactly was Joanna Cherry ever a 'hero' to 'indi types'? :lol:

She is, and always has been, an obnoxious, abrasive, self-aggrandising arsehole, something she has in common with both Salmond and Rev. Stuart Incel.

The fact she is pro-indi is neither here nor there. Fucking bizarre black and white view that it's all either 'good guys' or 'wanks' depending on where they stand on constitutional matters. There are plenty decent sorts who are still pinning their colours to unionism, and utter bellends who are pro-indi.

She nearly got Brexit binned by pointing out Johnson sending parliament into recess was illegal and got the supreme court to back her. If Sturgeon and her fellow gobshite Corbyn had fought Brexit as hard it may not have happened.

The fact she's a successful QC/KC must have helped in this case, but was also a backhanded reminder to Sturgeon that she got chased out of a law firm for fucking up her cases pursuing the same career - that can't have enamoured her to Nicola and her fans