Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

28 minutes ago, orfc said:

You've confused "presently" with "8 years

The SNP is the largest political party in Scotland in terms of both seats in the Westminster and Holyrood parliaments, and membership. As of 31 December 2021, the party had 103,884 members.[1] It currently has 45 Members of Parliament (MPs), 64 Members of the Scottish Parliament (MSPs) and over 450 local councillors.[31] The SNP is a member of the European Free Alliance (EFA). The party does not have any members of the House of Lords, on the principle that it opposes the upper house of Parliament and calls for it to be scrapped.[32]

3 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

You said that membership flatlined under Sturgeon, whilst I showed that it quadrupled. I'm not sure what relevance your inane analogy has to this fact.

Here's a summary for you good sir:

• Membership is the same as it was 8 years ago.
  • They got a one-off boost of "loser's regret" members in the six months after the referendum (my guardian link is march 2015), nothing to do with nicola as leader.
  • They are now at the same level today - it has flatlined (or they're even massaging the numbers according to that last link)

5 minutes ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

The SNP lie about their membership numbers

https://wingsoverscotland.com/running-away-from-the-numbers/

No they don't, why should they. And really is that the best you can come up with, they're lying.

No doubt yo can't stand the SNP, no miss, so you'll be telling us they are lying when they say they have 45 MP's and 64 Msp's.

The SNP IS the LARGEST political party in Scotland.

Whether you like or not means jack shit.

Just now, SandyCromarty said:

No they don't, why should they. And really is that the best you can come up with, they're lying.

No doubt yo can't stand the SNP, no miss, so you'll be telling us they are lying when they say they have 45 MP's and 64 Msp's.

The SNP IS the LARGEST political party in Scotland.

Whether you like or not means jack shit.

Wingsy's sums seem to work out: £174K at £2 a member is <90,000 members

He is a very angry man, and I can't forgive his dreadful review of Turrican for the C64, but he knows how to do his research and he has absolutely picked apart Sturgeon and her acolytes the last couple of months

17 minutes ago, orfc said:

Too much reliance on the Weirs millions

To be a member is as little as £2 a year - https://www.snp.org/join/member/ - that doesn't raise a whole heap after costs

2 quid is cheap, thought it would be more like 10-15 quid. How much is it to join other parties?

Edited by ScotiaNostra

5 minutes ago, orfc said:

• They got a one-off boost of "loser's regret" members in the six months after the referendum (my guardian link is march 2015), nothing to do with nicola as leader.
  • They are now at the same level today - it has flatlined (or they're even massaging the numbers according to that last link)

Truthfully, the membership stood at over 10,000 in 2014.

The fact that you are obsessed with SNP membership numbers highlights how afraid people of other political persuasions like yourself are unhappy with the SNP's success with 45 MP's and 64 MSP's, unless you thinks those numbers of parliamentary members have been massaged???

It was significant that when Nicola announced her resignation as MSP that other Scottish party leaders were almost orgasmic in their delight thinking that they would now succeed.

How wrong they are as the SNP membership is bigger that all the other four parties put together and we will continue to return the SNP to power until we gain Independence.

Anti SNP propaganda driven by the tory media and fools only makes us stronger in our resolve. 

3 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Yeeesss the alba da's are here 

Why is there always an assumption of alba'ism? What's more likely, we're the 1% who vote alba or the 50+% who vote con/lib/lab?

Anyways, I'm going to admit I was wrong 😀

It was the Amiga version he did a hatchet job on

http://amr.abime.net/amr_popup_picture.php?src=amiga_power/magscans/ap08_1991_12/102.jpg&c=54377&n=1&filesize=308247 

Just now, SandyCromarty said:

Truthfully, the membership stood at over 10,000 in 2014.

The fact that you are obsessed with SNP membership numbers highlights how afraid people of other political persuasions like yourself are unhappy with the SNP's success with 45 MP's and 64 MSP's, unless you thinks those numbers of parliamentary members have been massaged???

*blah blah blah*

It was you that brought it up! 😀

17 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

2 quid is cheap, thought it would be more like 10-15 quid. How much is it to join other parties?

That's the bare minimum if you're a yoof, it's £5 seniors, £12 minimum everyone else, but they wouldn't turn you down paying more

For instance, Lib Dems say £15 a year for normal membership but also say " How much you pay is up to you, the average is £40" - https://libdems.secure.force.com/LiberalDemocrats/NewMemberRegistration - I eventually signed up to the newsletter for £0 🙂

f**k knows what the tories is, probably a share of the deeds to your estate or something

1 hour ago, orfc said:

Wingsy's sums seem to work out: £174K at £2 a member is <90,000 members

He is a very angry man, and I can't forgive his dreadful review of Turrican for the C64, but he knows how to do his research and he has absolutely picked apart Sturgeon and her acolytes the last couple of months

Has he aye? To who? An audience of about 2000 rancid bigots and the begging to be grifted? Cool. 

1 hour ago, orfc said:

1) Sturgeon was leader for more than 8 years.

2) Six months after the referendum, Sturgeon had been the acting leader for exactly one day less than six months, and had taken formal office four months before (14/11/2014). Unless you are suggesting that the 75,000 new members joined during the period whilst she was awaiting confirmation of her election, I'm not sure what technical point you are attempting to make. These members joined during her leadership.

3) You seem to have missed out the membership figures for 2019, when the party reported having 125,691 members. 

Picking two dates with similar membership figures and drawing a straight line betwee them does ot define flatlining.

Incidentally, the reason for the drop between 2019 & the current position was explained in the snp's official accounts for 2020

“The overall number of members at year end was 105,393. All of those cancelling or lowering their membership payments listed the pandemic as the reason.”

14 minutes ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

C64! At least you don’t bear a grudge 😝

Agreed about Wings and his research.  I don’t like him, but he backs up his assertions with facts.

No, he doesn’t.  He backs them with supposition.

Just looking at the accounts there, there are 2 levies listed (as there are in the answer to Norman MacLeod).  Only one is highlighted by the good Rev though…

10 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

No, he doesn’t.  He backs them with supposition.

Just looking at the accounts there, there are 2 levies listed (as there are in the answer to Norman MacLeod).  Only one is highlighted by the good Rev though…

There were two branch levies in 2019, thus they're rolled up under the same heading for the 2019 accounts. The money raised was 175k, roughly 90k each

Edited by orfc
Lib Dems extremism