The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Just now, glenburn bud said:

Sorry but that strip is horrible, get pink right in the sea. Who actually thought that was a good choice. 

It’s because just up the road we have the most diverse club in the world! 
Try it you might look great in it. Embrace it!
😂 

4 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Sorry but that strip is horrible, get pink right in the sea. Who actually thought that was a good choice. 

With you on this. Club text :-

A smart black kit with prominent pink embroidery that shows the coming together of our three main colours: black, white and red.

how does pink show the coming together of our 3 main colours, none of which are pink?

Just now, ZingaliMan said:

I really like the new away top if it was made the way tops were when I was young lad cotton I would by one. Today's material is cheap man made crap which you would not by if made for a shirt or Polo shirt. 

Woopsie buy that should read. 

1 minute ago, Billy_Gunn said:

Red + White = Pink

Yeah I know but if other clubs mixed their colours it would also create other colours that are NOT their club colours.

I won't be buying it for sure.

1 minute ago, medals said:

Yeah I know but if other clubs mixed their colours it would also create other colours that are NOT their club colours.

I won't be buying it for sure.

It’s the only think I could think of that made any sense of the tag line. Stupid idea, horrible kit.

Just now, Billy_Gunn said:

It’s the only think I could think of that made any sense of the tag line. Stupid idea, horrible kit.

We could have mixed the black and red and made it burgundy, but that Hearts colours.

Pink and black don't work for me at all. The badge does look like it was supposed to be white and a red item was washed with it - as a previous posted said.

Anyway, we'll see if it sells to others.

22 minutes ago, medals said:

With you on this. Club text :-

A smart black kit with prominent pink embroidery that shows the coming together of our three main colours: black, white and red.

how does pink show the coming together of our 3 main colours, none of which are pink?

The pink was chosen for a reason, to show inclusivity, which as I said in a previous post is a bit of a trope at this point. Like having a giant rainbow on stuff and saying "we support LGBT", you can be inclusive and supportive without needing to use the colours. We see this all the time with companies giving it laldy for pride month, changing their logos and twitter feeds (only in certain places of course, don't want company profits to be put at risk by being inclusive in a society - like Saudi Arabia - which is far from being inclusive) after the month is gone, it's just ignored.

However, what the club claim about the combination of colours is utter PR nonsense. It's an explanation to suit a decision.

3 minutes ago, Div said:

I quite like it.

Anything was going to be a bit of a comedown after last seasons blockbuster away kit but it’s a decent enough effort.

It is a fair comment, our 22/23 away top will go down in history as one of our best away strips. It is really hard to top that (ha! pun!).

That said, the 23/24 away top is not a horror, and that's all we can ask for. After all we could have been lumbered with something like the Ross County away strip.

I like it. I bet you a pound to a penny it’s a kit that will look 1000% better when you see it being worn in action. Can see it appealing to a broad section of our support, which is a positive. Also the professional kit launches and videos are massively refreshing.

Maybe my personal taste would be for the pink bits to be some sort of ‘platinum’ shiny thing, like that new Chelsea one, but I see where St Mirren and Macron are going with this pink trimmed one, so fair enough.

It’s a thumbs up from me.

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

Agree. Last season’s was great. This looks like it would have been great too if the pink bits were white 

Edited by Captain_Sensible