The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Still 6 weeks to go of the window plenty of time for him to get his big money move that he craves.

good luck to him if he does, he earned his wages with us, chased many a lost cause and according to the club, played through injuries to help the club out, not a superstar football player, but an honest grafter, give me a team of those with that attitude and I would be satisfied.                     

31 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

Will Saints bring a good following up to Montrose on Saturday?

If that info is for catering to understand rough numbers then contacting the club would be better as they know tickets sold. If it's just curiosity I would think anything from 400 to 800 . 

4 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

After Saturdays mauling in Greenock at the hands of The Famous...... probably about 17.

I know we used to be rivals………..

Kyle Mooney Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

you’ve got to move on and find a new rival.

21 hours ago, Div said:

He's still living round the corner from me and his family seem well settled here.

If the best accommodation Main can afford is in Elderslie in the same estate as Div then the club really needs to increase the wages we are currently offering him. 

😛

8 hours ago, PortyMo said:

Will Saints bring a good following up to Montrose on Saturday?

We haven't played in Montrose in the guts of 50 years competitively so there could well be plenty like me who, despite following Saints for 40 odd years have never been to Links Park. I'm going purely for that reason as there are very few grounds left I haven't seen us play in bar the obvious newer additions. Four of us coming on the train and a day out, I expect a good few others will be seeing this similarly. I would hope 500+.

Edited by Billy Jean King

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

We haven't played in Montrose in the guts of 50 years competitively so there could well be plenty like me who, despite following Saints for 40 odd years have never been to Links Park. I'm going purely for that reason as there are very few grounds left I haven't seen us play in bar the obvious newer additions. Four of us coming on the train and a day out, I expect a good few others will be seeing this similarly. I would hope 500+.

Be plenty on holiday and plenty who won’t be arsed with a League Cup game but I’m with you, I’d expect about 700 or so to make the trip.

Im looking forward to it 🎉

7 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

After Saturdays mauling in Greenock at the hands of The Famous...... probably about 17.

The mauling in front of you’re 1800 home fans for you’re biggest game of the season.

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Montrose's pre-season:

1-3 v Raith (h)

1-3 v Forfar (h)

3-1 v Arbroath (a)

5-2 v Civil Service Strollers (h)

Lower league legend, Rory McAllister, still going strong for them at 36. Michael Gardyne (37), Terry Masson (35) and Sean Dillon (39) also regulars. They'll be streetwise that's for sure.

Hearts away on December 23rd - big one, pencil it in the diary. Santa heading to Greenock two days later loaded with limited edition ‘we beat St Mirren in a pre-season friendly’ T-Shirts, bucket hats, engraved whisky glasses and commemorative BluRay discs.

Yo ho ho.

7 minutes ago, Div said:

Forward number 9 arriving today, Nehmani arriving tomorrow and should be involved next week versus Arbroath.

I can almost hear everyone going... "Don't be Doidge, don't be Doidge, don't be Doidge...  ah, f**k, it's Doidge!"  :lol:

I presume we are shifting forwards out too, but I also wonder if Robinson will keep with 2 up front or move to a 3. The singing of McMenamin suggests he could, and the attempt to retain Henderson also hints towards that. Also, with Grieve seemingly the one most think will be loaned/sold, he plays as part of a front three for NZ, I believe, so perhaps he'll get game time there? Obvs if you shift from 2 to 3 up front, we need to sacrifice a position elsewhere, and the sensible money would be on 4 at the back (heh, and not a 5-2-3, although... who knows?), but we are quite stocked with defenders if you consider Gogic as part of that, even if it's just cover.

12 minutes ago, Div said:

Forward number 9 arriving today, Nehmani arriving tomorrow and should be involved next week versus Arbroath.

Another coming in means there surely must be some outward movement.  I really can't see Olusanya, Jamieson or Offord getting much playing time.

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

Another coming in means there surely must be some outward movement.  I really can't see Olusanya, Jamieson or Offord getting much playing time.

That is the 3 i see moving out on loan or sold etc

11 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I really can't see Olusanya being a player...

:rolleyes:

Not knocking Robinson for taking the gamble, in fact I applaud him doing so because we saw the flip side with Ayunga, but Olusanya just looks like someone who is fit, not someone who is a footballer.

If he could get some composure, especially in his finishes, then perhaps, but he was hardly prolific during his loan spell with Arbroath. Someone, it might even have been you, said they thought Olusanya got a run out in the pre-season just to confirm what Robinson probably already knows.

Edited by Ric