The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

I wouldn't go assuming that a minimum of £55k is as good as banked if it is dependent on cash coming from Viaplay. Their recent commercial announcements could suggest that their ongoing financial viability might be questionable. 

6 hours ago, Mac28 said:

Hopefully the attendance will improve once the season starts, expected a much bigger crowd for the forfar game

Don't think that's in doubt. About 2-2.5k felt right. I was only person there in my group of 6 due to almost all of them being on summer holidays with kids and a couple of them working. Expecting over 6k for Dundee game, maybe more with a healthy travelling support.

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

I wouldn't go assuming that a minimum of £55k is as good as banked if it is dependent on cash coming from Viaplay. Their recent commercial announcements could suggest that their ongoing financial viability might be questionable. 

The prize money will cone directly from the SFA who will then have to deal with Viaplay paying up. I'd say clubs are at no risk of not being paid up by SFA for a national cup competition. 

26 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Don't think that's in doubt. About 2-2.5k felt right. I was only person there in my group of 6 due to almost all of them being on summer holidays with kids and a couple of them working. Expecting over 6k for Dundee game, maybe more with a healthy travelling support.

Likewise there is usually a group of 14 of us at home games and on Saturday only 4 were able to make it.

Peak holiday season 🤷‍♂️

27 minutes ago, Div said:

Likewise there is usually a group of 14 of us at home games and on Saturday only 4 were able to make it.

Peak holiday season 🤷‍♂️

There were a few people that I know of who were at the Scotland Rugby match too.

8 hours ago, Mac28 said:

Hopefully the attendance will improve once the season starts, expected a much bigger crowd for the forfar game

We stayed in the pub because of the weather and sure he weren't the only ones.

Ticket was already bought so the club didn't lose out of it.

Sure the crowd will be back to good numbers when the league starts. 

9 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Would prefer if both Baccus and Strain were offered the same deal . Eventually they will be sold but it woukd be great to get an extra couple of extra years of them playing in the stripes .

Neither will sign a new deal sadly, why would they? Just means other clubs with much bigger budgets can't offer them PCA's in January. In the unlikely event that they don't get a better offer from elsewhere they can always sign a new deal with us later on. See Gogic last year and Dunne this summer. Their agents will be rightly advising to do nothing in terms of new contract negotiations. 

5 minutes ago, medals said:

East Kilbride are set to make their 20th summer signing this week with the capture of young St Mirren striker Aiden Gilmartin.

First of a few who will be heading out o loan I'd imagine.

If/when Strain & Baccus leave, let’s hope it’s to England, or abroad. Like Erhahon for example. As I mentioned in a previous post, on Saturday, two of the ‘Open All Mics’ gobshites were touting Strain and O’Hara to ‘bigger clubs in our league’. The suggestion, from Michael Stewart in particular, being all Scotland’s big clubs should be signing guys like them, rather than seemingly always looking at bringing in foreigners. Leanne joined in with the pish. Those same two chunts would moan loudest should there be no challenge to the top teams at all - after they had punted Strain to the IIbrox AllStar Franchise and O’Hara to Aberdeen maybe. We all know Strain & Baccus will leave at some point. Hopefully to the English Championship. A Norwich City or someone has to have checked them out by now surely? Their agents must have been on that case? If Baccus’ agent wasn’t making waves when the World Cup was in full swing, then frankly, Bacus needs a new agent. They aren’t managed by Michael Stewart and Leanne Crichton are they?

Edited by pozbaird

8 hours ago, Mac28 said:

I have a season ticket and I'm usually there in attendance, though Im spending time with the kids before the season starts and still treating it as pre-season. I'd imagine there are many others in the same boat or are on holiday. Football is always a big commitment at the weekends.

It's tremendous boost to have 3 home games on the spin in August after the opener. Real chance to build some early season momentum, albeit we were punted out the league cup in the group stages last season and lost our opening 2 league games and we still went on to do ok!

Pretty confident crowds will be at a similar level to last season. We've 3500 season ticket holders in the bank and you'd think the vast majority of visiting teams will bring 1000 or more with the only exceptions of Livingston, St.Johnstone and Ross County.

It's a healthy base to build on and the club will be doing all it's usual work with the schools and the local community to get as many into the family stand as possible.

As ever though, a lot of PAYG punters will be driven by how the team is performing.

Definitely expect a good gate for the Dundee game anyway, imagine they will sell out the visiting stand for a start.

57 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

We stayed in the pub because of the weather and sure he weren't the only ones.

Ticket was already bought so the club didn't lose out of it.

Sure the crowd will be back to good numbers when the league starts. 

As you’d bought a ticket, you were likely included in the attendance figure! 

2 hours ago, Div said:

Peak holiday season 🤷‍♂️

On the flip side, I had someone with me attending their very first Saints game along with someone else who will be an irregular attender due to work. 

I’ll be in Spain though for the Dundee game! 

Edited by Captain_Sensible

42 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

The suggestion, from Michael Stewart in particular, being all Scotland’s big clubs should be signing guys like them, rather than seemingly always looking at bringing in foreigners. 

Did no-one point out to Michael Stewart that Strain and Baccus are foreigners? 

2 hours ago, Div said:

It's tremendous boost to have 3 home games on the spin in August after the opener. Real chance to build some early season momentum, albeit we were punted out the league cup in the group stages last season and lost our opening 2 league games and we still went on to do ok!

Pretty confident crowds will be at a similar level to last season. We've 3500 season ticket holders in the bank and you'd think the vast majority of visiting teams will bring 1000 or more with the only exceptions of Livingston, St.Johnstone and Ross County.

It's a healthy base to build on and the club will be doing all it's usual work with the schools and the local community to get as many into the family stand as possible.

As ever though, a lot of PAYG punters will be driven by how the team is performing.

Definitely expect a good gate for the Dundee game anyway, imagine they will sell out the visiting stand for a start.

Yeah I reckon 6500-7k upwards

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Aye a couple missing from my group on Saturday due to holiday and 3 of us will be in Spain for the Dundee game but I'll be back in the stands for Motherwell