The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

2 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

WELL WELL WELL......another "mauling" at the hands of another team whose initial letter is M.

Delicious.

I could see the point if you were a Montrose fan as they just beat us in a competitive  game but you and your little team have no relevance beyond some old rivalry and your unfaltering obsession.

1 minute ago, Torfason said:

I could see the point if you were a Montrose fan as they just beat us in a competitive  game but you and your little team have no relevance beyond some old rivalry and your unfaltering obsession.

Old Men Laughing GIF by ABC Network

22 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

St Johnstone not so much, so at least we aren’t alone in being shite today. The Old Firm aside, it’s my biggest hated thing in Scottish football. We only have two shots at glory, and I’ve been lucky enough to see us win both cups. Now we go into it half fit, half arsed, and with half a team still to learn each other’s names, and some signings still to be even made. Fcuking disgrace, and the sooner it gets fcuking binned and replaced with genuine warm-up friendlies, the better.

We had 3 new faces in the team compared to the end of last season. Don't be as kind as to give them the excuse of being unfamiliar with each other - we were absolutely honking today from the first minute. 

28 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

St Johnstone not so much, so at least we aren’t alone in being shite today. 

You should probably look at our line up.

Our entire midfield was playing in the 3rd tier or lower last season. 

31 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

St Johnstone not so much, so at least we aren’t alone in being shite today. The Old Firm aside, it’s my biggest hated thing in Scottish football. We only have two shots at glory, and I’ve been lucky enough to see us win both cups. Now we go into it half fit, half arsed, and with half a team still to learn each other’s names, and some signings still to be even made. Fcuking disgrace, and the sooner it gets fcuking binned and replaced with genuine warm-up friendlies, the better.

You’re not trying to sugar coat a defeat to Montrose surely? 

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Yet its still miles above Morton's level. Must sting.

Emmm..... results wouldnt seem to bare that out.

Or should it be "bear" that out.

I'm sure I will be inundated with suggestions 🤣

9 minutes ago, McG said:

You’re not trying to sugar coat a defeat to Montrose surely? 

Nope, simply stating that in one of only two trophies we can win, no-one should be going into it with them being pre-season friendlies. I hate the format, I believe it isn’t right for a nation’s major cup competition that forms the treble. I don’t expect everyone to agree with me, but I will never waver from the view that it stinks.

Just now, TONTROOPER said:

Emmm..... results wouldnt seem to bare that out.

Or should it be "bear" that out.

I'm sure I will be inundated with suggestions 🤣

Mid table table in the Premiership or mid table in the championship.

I know what I'd rather have but whatever floats your sinking boat 😋.

We deserve a ribbing for today right enough, shockingly poor. Last season Arbroath and Airdie done us in the league cup as well. 

29 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

clear to me some of the players aren’t good enough. Big Joe was a strange one for me - possibly our best defender but allowed to go. Not seeing much from others either and up front it looks absolutely brutal. Toysi at least looked like giving it a go for the shot time he was on 

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Mid table table in the Premiership or mid table in the championship.

I know what I'd rather have but whatever floats your sinking boat 😋.

We deserve a ribbing for today right enough, shockingly poor. Last season Arbroath and Airdie done us in the league cup as well. 

Water Smash GIF by Royal National Lifeboat Institution

13 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Never put a foot wrong today.  Mo chance with the goal.  Give him a break 

My question was as much about us being on top in most games recently but still getting terrible results.  

Perhaps i should have phrased it differently but when your team can’t score goals and just about every opposition shot on target goes in, it’s not a good place to be.