The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

6 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Not sure how well stocked they are at RWB, but Ipswich would be a shout, for two reasons that I have plucked out the air:

1) Strain's grandfather scored even more goals for them than he did for us.

2) They are in possession of a certain wall-shaped asset that might be a decent makeweight if required.

Baccus and Strain would be a good fit there . I would also like to see Vaclav back. But Baccus and Strain would be hard to replace  

5 minutes ago, elvis said:

You any idea when that's happening. 

Don’t know mate, soon or it may of already started. I’m just going by the latest update the club have put out on Twitter.

7 minutes ago, McG said:

Don’t know mate, soon or it may of already started. I’m just going by the latest update the club have put out on Twitter.

The club had been hopeful of delivery of these in time for our first cinch Premiership home match against Dundee, however, logistical delays mean that delivery is anticipated at the end of August/beginning of September. 

Decent wee update from the club. It's good to be kept in the loop about stuff happening off the park.

The guys that have spent a good chunk of their Summer cleaning the stadium are incredible. Some effort!

Just now, Div said:

Decent wee update from the club. It's good to be kept in the loop about stuff happening off the park.

The guys that have spent a good chunk of their Summer cleaning the stadium are incredible. Some effort!

Yeah we'd all like as much as possible available for building the best squad but we cannot stand still in maintenance and improvements too. 

What's also good is that there is no clear need to be penny pinching. 

We really need two new surprise packages to sign ASAP and ideally a great start in the league.

31 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

That’s an excellent update and great to see the club sharing news like us. 

Interested to read about the ST app. The numpty, sorry, my mate who sorted out my ST while I was away ticked the physical card box. Can I use the app?  More likely to lose the card than my phone. 

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

There's also the likelihood that Maccabi Haifa have a sell on percentage due to them.

I am sure Strain was a free transfer (and he was already 25 by the time he joined us) so I can't see why Haifa would be due anything.

28 minutes ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

Interested to read about the ST app. The numpty, sorry, my mate who sorted out my ST while I was away ticked the physical card box. Can I use the app?  More likely to lose the card than my phone. 

Yes, you can use the app. I went for physical cards but have set my tickets up on my phone as well.

33 minutes ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

I opted for the physical card, purely out of habit, but I can also access it via the app.

The thing about Halliday is that I don't think he'd be a dreadful option, if used for cover. I'm certainly not his biggest fan, and the OF baggage is annoying, but he's experienced at this level. It would depend on him both taking lower wages than he's on at Hearts, and accepting he wouldn't be first pick.

Wouldn't be my choice, but as a squad player I'm not entirely against it.

I would, however, be very against him being used as makeweight for Strain.

14 minutes ago, Ric said:

The thing about Halliday is that I don't think he'd be a dreadful option, if used for cover. I'm certainly not his biggest fan, and the OF baggage is annoying, but he's experienced at this level. It would depend on him both taking lower wages than he's on at Hearts, and accepting he wouldn't be first pick.

Wouldn't be my choice, but as a squad player I'm not entirely against it.

I would, however, be very against him being used as makeweight for Strain.

Can't believe that there are so many posts about a hypothetical switch which started by fake news or the wishful thinking of a Hearts fan.

Halliday was a player and will be on serious money. His legs have gone. He's not what we need fullstop.

Our management will be making the decisions not based on our opinions though.

We should trust them to manage just fine. Watch this space.

Edited by medals

3 minutes ago, medals said:

Can't believe that there are so many posts about a hypothetical switch which started by fake news or the wishful thinking of a Hearts fan.

His name is mentioned, I'm merely commenting.

27 minutes ago, medals said:

Halliday was a player and will be on serious money. His legs have gone. He's not what we need fullstop.

Our management will be making the decisions not based on our opinions though.

We should trust them to manage just fine. Watch this space.

Halliday was in the main stand on Saturday that's from a season ticket holder. No idea why by funny his name popped up regarding a switch to us. 

2 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Halliday was in the main stand on Saturday that's from a season ticket holder. No idea why by funny his name popped up regarding a switch to us. 

So was Alan Combe and a another guy in a Dundee tracksuit and a guy sitting next to me had a laptop and a Stenhousemuir jacket on. What could it all mean?