The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Haven’t a clue who ‘Officer Michaels’ is ‘in real life’. Don’t care either, nor am I about to get upset or report his post or anything like that. I fully agree that I am guilty of posting shite gags in my posts, but I have no idea what brought on that outburst. No idea at all. I didn’t think my Lasley birthplace post particularly crossed the shite gag line - unless the bold Officer is a Weegie himself  and it sent him over the edge. Who knows.

Fcuk it, the world’s a weird place these days right enough*

*Pssst. Whisper it in case it sets him off again, but Lasley says Paisley is his hometown in his club website interview, so there you go.

17 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Haven’t a clue who ‘Officer Michaels’ is ‘in real life’. Don’t care either, nor am I about to get upset or report his post or anything like that. I fully agree that I am guilty of posting shite gags in my posts, but I have no idea what brought on that outburst. No idea at all. I didn’t think my Lasley birthplace post particularly crossed the shite gag line - unless the bold Officer is a Weegie himself  and it sent him over the edge. Who knows.

*Pssst. Whisper it in case it sets him off again, but Lasley says Paisley is his hometown in his club website interview, so there you go.

Looking back at his previous posts he’s an angry individual with issues, you were just one of a number of people he seems unhappy with.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I think he designed both strips the year we won the league Cup.

Both modern classics and that is an almost universal opinion among the support. 

I believe Pozbaird was involved in all 3 strips that season, as we also had the 135th anniversary strip. 

He should actually be involved again, as these strips are probably the best designed for many years.

D8511454-4917-436B-981A-39C79F0EAF97.jpeg.a1e700668d5768f1cb683b81954cf653.jpeg

BE53CCAF-1E12-4C57-A45D-4AF3EFAEA485.jpeg.39394f3f77d4762b54646f82e4d657c8.jpeg

3C6DBC2A-BCAD-4453-B7BF-B1C8A892E9C5.jpeg.907a04193ced806b5281c5c0a2bebb30.jpeg

12 hours ago, Officer Michaels said:

Honestly, man. f**k off.
Your ‘patter’ is fucking horrific. The club let you design a kit once upon a time and I’ve got that up there with the hiring of Tommy Craig as the worst decision the club has ever made.

f**k you and your shite Da jokes, you absolute cancer.

excuse me officer,is your christian name dick?

Stop provoking poor Officer guy with your witty repartee....you nasty man[emoji38]

20 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I believe Pozbaird was involved in all 3 strips that season, as we also had the 135th anniversary strip. 

He should actually be involved again, as these strips are probably the best designed for many years.

D8511454-4917-436B-981A-39C79F0EAF97.jpeg.a1e700668d5768f1cb683b81954cf653.jpeg

BE53CCAF-1E12-4C57-A45D-4AF3EFAEA485.jpeg.39394f3f77d4762b54646f82e4d657c8.jpeg

3C6DBC2A-BCAD-4453-B7BF-B1C8A892E9C5.jpeg.907a04193ced806b5281c5c0a2bebb30.jpeg

I have two out of three of those strips, wish I had the black and red one as well, TBF.  

I was thinking about the 135th anniversary strip the other day.  It's not THAT long till the 150th anniversary, i was wondering if the club had started any planning for how to commemorate the century and a half. 

#TeamPoz

34 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

I have two out of three of those strips, wish I had the black and red one as well, TBF.  

I was thinking about the 135th anniversary strip the other day.  It's not THAT long till the 150th anniversary, i was wondering if the club had started any planning for how to commemorate the century and a half. 

#TeamPoz

The Blue and red kit got a bit of divided opinion at the time but the basis of the idea was definitely there.

Although the colours and design are as authentic as possible to the original kit, I think instead of blue and red, if it had been navy and like a darker shade of red like claret or maroon with the hoops thicker, it would have been amazing. Like Newcastle's away top in 1995/96.

Chairman statement

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/4393-chairman-s-update-3

This bit stands out...

As we look forward to the final fixtures, we are already making plans for next year and that includes the vexed question of whether to continue providing two stands to Rangers and Celtic at the SMISA Stadium. This is attracting increased comment from our fans so in line with our position as a majority fan owned club, I have invited a small group of fans with to consider the issue. They will report back in the next couple of weeks ahead of us planning for next season.

Chairman statement
This bit stands out...
As we look forward to the final fixtures, we are already making plans for next year and that includes the vexed question of whether to continue providing two stands to Rangers and Celtic at the SMISA Stadium. This is attracting increased comment from our fans so in line with our position as a majority fan owned club, I have invited a small group of fans with to consider the issue. They will report back in the next couple of weeks ahead of us planning for next season.

Might not have to worry about that issue if Robinson keeps the current form up [emoji28]
Can’t see Cove and Morton etc bringing enough to warrant opening two stands up.
If we do survive the report will surely be fairly short and read something like:
‘The fans are in almost universal agreement that we don’t want those clubs having two stands’
Therefore, given we are a fan owned club, it should never happen again…?

9 minutes ago, Lex said:

Might not have to worry about that issue if Robinson keeps the current form up emoji28.png
Can’t see Cove and Morton etc bringing enough to warrant opening two stands up.
If we do survive the report will surely be fairly short and read something like:
‘The fans are in almost universal agreement that we don’t want those clubs having two stands’
Therefore, given we are a fan owned club, it should never happen again…?

Who knows how this season will end up we can play a part though by trying to help lift the team the 13th man and all that. 

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Chairman statement

This bit stands out...

Hands up if you are one of the fans who are part of this small group?

Never heard anything about this, you would have thought a survey of the whole fan base may have been a better way to consider this?

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

Hands up if you are one of the fans who are part of this small group?

Never heard anything about this, you would have thought a survey of the whole fan base may have been a better way to consider this?

Yeah, really keen to hear who the group consists of. With 1.2K SMISA members, should have a decent pool.

Yeah, really keen to hear who the group consists of. With 1.2K SMISA members, should have a decent pool.

Regardless of sample size (10 or 1200), there’s surely never going to be a majority for giving two stands to them?
Knowing the way that SMISA and Needham work though, I’m expecting complete silence and the status quo to endure (assuming we stay up).
Hoping to be proven wrong.

3 minutes ago, Lex said:

Regardless of sample size (10 or 1200), there’s surely never going to be a majority for giving two stands to them?
Knowing the way that SMISA and Needham work though, I’m expecting complete silence and the status quo to endure (assuming we stay up).
Hoping to be proven wrong.

The thing is, it doesn't even make financial sense.

Our attendances for the three Old Firm games this season have been 6,000 plus each time - at an average of around 6400. As a comparison our crowd at the next best supported side (Hearts) was nearly 5800 (and I'm not even sure they sold out their end).

Therefore, we make about £15k per match (assuming an average ticket price of £25), or £45k a season. We probably lose that much by the reduction in season ticket prices for those in the family stand. It's a bonkers policy that needs dispatched in the bin ASAP.

On 14/04/2022 at 15:02, djchapsticks said:

If he can bring anything to the table in terms of how to efficiently and effectively run a community club, he'll be an asset.

Motherwell are brilliantly run and have been for many years.

Yeh, lobby against promoted clubs , spend more than you can afford, go into administration, shaft your creditors and employees and cheat your rivals, including St Mirren 

Motherwell are a blight on Scottish football 

Edited by Captain Saintsible

On 16/04/2022 at 10:19, pozbaird said:

:1eye

Edited by Captain Saintsible

Saddened at hearts reaching the cup final

they are a truly disposable club with dreadful supporters

winning the Scottish cup will mean little to Sevco fans (partly because they don’t understand their club’s history)

so I hope hearts get thrashed in the final

their fans deserve no less 

For the majority of the season we've been shite.

Given that our previous manager took until January the 18th to realise that three at the back "wasn't working" he must shoulder the majority of the blame for our current position.

I had a look back at our fixtures from August to December and the results were dreadful. In many of the games we were completely outplayed, but spawned a goal out of nowhere.

For a short spell after the break, our defence became much tighter, but unfortunately our creativity remained lacking. The results in this run, often fortuitous, masked the fact that we were still pretty shite. If it wasn't for Connor Ronan we'd probably be sitting level with St.Johnstone at present.

Robinson, to date, has been awful too. Although he does have some mitigating factors in that, bar the odd player, he's been left with a dreadfully unbalanced squad and he's had to cope with players that are clearly not good enough being told their futures lie elsewhere, despite being offered contracts by the previous incumbent.

I had hoped that Robinson would provide a degree of stability as we limped to the end of the season. Unfortunately, my optimism has been misplaced so far.

Thankfully, out with the top three, every other team is almost as shite as we are. Even luckier are the poor managerial appointments by our bottom six rivals. Although, unless Robinson gets his act together, even they'll end up beating us.