The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

8 minutes ago, GAD said:

Is it true Wardrop achieved the final humiliation he'd been building to all week by failing to get elected last night?

Yeah. He was also told the decision to ban him from the ground was taken unanimously. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah. He was also told the decision to ban him from the ground was taken unanimously. 

Yet he was there last night, which was a bit confusing. 

My main take aways from last night -

There has generally been good progress and i'm fairly confident in those currently on the SMISA board to drive things forward;

I have less confidence in our St Mirren board reps, who seem to be a bit weak in how they dealt with the Kibble reps indiscretions;

I don't understand why the Kibble issues were not raised when they actually happened last September instead of now;

The lack of transparency over events is concerning, and its this lack of openness that has fueled a high level of suspicion over probably innocent actions, ie Kibble providing catering and giving jobs to their young people at the club is probably a good thing but is suddenly framed as a bad thing;

The only way out of this is for the Kibble board members to be much more open, honest and engage more with the SMISA membership.

Pretty significant moment for SMISA that a candidate who stated that they had:

"put my SMISA board application forward on the basis I wish to remove them (the Kibble directors)"

...has failed to be elected.

(and that is despite everything that's been in the press the past 2 weeks.)

Time to move on. 

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Presumably Bedeau and the lad from Fulham are two of those.

I read it as 'contracts offered' to these players which wouldn't cover Bedeau or Bowie, at least until offers are accepted.

Could well be wrong on that front though.

1 hour ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Pretty significant moment for SMISA that a candidate who stated that they had:

"put my SMISA board application forward on the basis I wish to remove them (the Kibble directors)"

...has failed to be elected.

(and that is despite everything that's been in the press the past 2 weeks.)

Time to move on. 

Indeed.

Quite the hill to die on, right enough....

41 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I read it as 'contracts offered' to these players which wouldn't cover Bedeau or Bowie, at least until offers are accepted.

Could well be wrong on that front though.

Direct quote,

Robinson confirmed he has offered contracts to four new recruits as he steps up his summer transfer drive. He said: "I've put contract offers to two other strikers and two other defenders. But that is irrespective of the decisions of the players we have. The boys who are here are coming to the latter end of their careers. They're in their prime of when they can maximise their potential of money.

"I've no problem with that, but I can't wait forever. My sole job is to look after St Mirren. I've got other options and I'm currently pursuing those other options.

Heard another few wee snippets last night after the AGM , eg Robinson not 100% set to stay , he was first choice for the NI job but we demanded heavy compensation and there are clubs in England sniffing about him too. 

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

Yet he was there last night, which was a bit confusing. 

My main take aways from last night -

There has generally been good progress and i'm fairly confident in those currently on the SMISA board to drive things forward;

I have less confidence in our St Mirren board reps, who seem to be a bit weak in how they dealt with the Kibble reps indiscretions;

I don't understand why the Kibble issues were not raised when they actually happened last September instead of now;

The lack of transparency over events is concerning, and its this lack of openness that has fueled a high level of suspicion over probably innocent actions, ie Kibble providing catering and giving jobs to their young people at the club is probably a good thing but is suddenly framed as a bad thing;

The only way out of this is for the Kibble board members to be much more open, honest and engage more with the SMISA membership.

Best news was the predicted profit this year , following last years heavy losses !

19 minutes ago, billyg said:

Best news was the predicted profit this year , following last years heavy losses !

You mean we are not going to be bankrupted - oh what a relief - must be Gilmour's influence ha bloody ha.

36 minutes ago, medals said:

Direct quote,

Robinson confirmed he has offered contracts to four new recruits as he steps up his summer transfer drive. He said: "I've put contract offers to two other strikers and two other defenders. But that is irrespective of the decisions of the players we have. The boys who are here are coming to the latter end of their careers. They're in their prime of when they can maximise their potential of money.

"I've no problem with that, but I can't wait forever. My sole job is to look after St Mirren. I've got other options and I'm currently pursuing those other options.

Complete guess and only because I saw a retweet about him being released by Burton, but wonder if Louis Moult is one. Worked with him at Motherwell, although Moult seems to have had a torrid time with injuries since then.

23 minutes ago, billyg said:

Heard another few wee snippets last night after the AGM , eg Robinson not 100% set to stay , he was first choice for the NI job but we demanded heavy compensation and there are clubs in England sniffing about him too. 

Would not hugely surprise me if he left, feel he's been bigging himself up for a wee while - which is fair enough because if he doesn't, no one else will. Doubt he'd manage any better than a top half League One gig at the moment though.

20 minutes ago, Stu said:

Complete guess and only because I saw a retweet about him being released by Burton, but wonder if Louis Moult is one. Worked with him at Motherwell, although Moult seems to have had a torrid time with injuries since then.

Would not hugely surprise me if he left, feel he's been bigging himself up for a wee while - which is fair enough because if he doesn't, no one else will. Doubt he'd manage any better than a top half League One gig at the moment though.

I doubt we will sign Moult, good player but as one Motherwell fan put it, he's held together by sellotape.

Robinson has already said he's fed up moving on so hopefully he might be persuaded to stay and build something.