The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

I think we need to treat yesterday for what it was, a rare result where defensively we were horrific - only other game like that this season has been the scudding at Dens Park, other than that we've been pretty solid.

Still odds on to make top 6 - most bookies are giving 1/25 for that - big ask for both Hibs and Dundee to overhaul us from 4 and 6 points behind with so few games left, especially as they both still have to play Rangers. Then we should have three of our post split games at home. Still in a good position.

Fuxake we're off P1 of the top Forum after Saturday's collapse, this should never happen. 

I allus hate losing prior to an International break as there's (obvs) a fortnight before the next game - well d'oh! 

My favourite international break was 2008/09 after Stephen McGinn's goal in the 1-0 win against Rangers and the famous 17 defenders on the goal line photo - truly a happier experience.

3 hours ago, btb said:

Fuxake we're off P1 of the top Forum after Saturday's collapse, this should never happen. 

I allus hate losing prior to an International break as there's (obvs) a fortnight before the next game - well d'oh! 

My favourite international break was 2008/09 after Stephen McGinn's goal in the 1-0 win against Rangers and the famous 17 defenders on the goal line photo - truly a happier experience.

At least the Killie v St. Mirren thread appears to have died. Don’t draw this to the attention of Killie fans 😄

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

Don't know if we ever wanted Spittal but Hearts are fairly cherry picking players from rivals. Watch Baccus or Strain end up in Edinburgh

At least he has gone to a team that is always likely to be above us just now and weakened a team that we are more likely to be competing against.  

I wonder who the manager was referring to before Xmas when he mentioned two players coming in on PCA agreements. 
I didn’t believe Spittal was one of them as we all knew bigger clubs would have been looking at him for next season. 

10 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I wonder who the manager was referring to before Xmas when he mentioned two players coming in on PCA agreements. 
I didn’t believe Spittal was one of them as we all knew bigger clubs would have been looking at him for next season. 

Reckon one is Jacob Bedeau , just a guess as we have been linked with him before and he becomes a free agent this summer .

Had hoped the other was Spittal , but he,s off to Hearts .

Wonder if the other one could be an Australian player . Just a thought as the two Australian players that have come to us have done well , and agents are likely to try and get  players to teams that will help their players progress .

On 20/03/2024 at 16:18, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

At least the Killie v St. Mirren thread appears to have died. Don’t draw this to the attention of Killie fans 😄

Dogs Hello GIF by Williams Syndrome Association