The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 hours ago, Handsome_Devil said:

So lads, Brian Caldwell, any good?

Painted the away dressing room black then we got relegated (or did it the season after relegation, canny mind).

Thanks for that. I did wonder about going from cup winners to relegation but always hard to know how much of that can be laid at the door of the CEO or how much they just do their best when the sporting side collapses around them.

41 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Thanks for that. I did wonder about going from cup winners to relegation but always hard to know how much of that can be laid at the door of the CEO or how much they just do their best when the sporting side collapses around them.

Replaced Danny Lennon with Tommy Craig who had never been a manager, only an assistant. Replaced him mid-season with Gary Teale who tried his best but was hamstrung by the BoDs selling Kenny MacLean on deadline day and not replacing him.

17 hours ago, AW saint said:

Don't know if we ever wanted Spittal but Hearts are fairly cherry picking players from rivals. Watch Baccus or Strain end up in Edinburgh

Don’t think it will be Baccus. But hearts enquired for strain last summer and were quoted about £700k.  Will be surprised if we haven’t considered 

6 hours ago, Handsome_Devil said:

So lads, Brian Caldwell, any good?

He seemed to do a decent job, but no idea how much he contributed to our horrendous relegation season.

I think he may have been responsible for these monstrosities.

St Mirren 14/15 Carbrini Home Football Shirt - Football Shirt Culture -  Latest Football Kit News and More

Mirren 14/15 Away Sports Shirts, Football Shirts, Shirts, 59% OFF

3 hours ago, aldo_j said:

Painted the away dressing room black then we got relegated (or did it the season after relegation, canny mind).

Was it not Ian Murray’s assistant who decided to paint the away dressing room black, and swap the dugouts around, which was bizarre to say the least.

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

He seemed to do a decent job, but no idea how much he contributed to our horrendous relegation season.

St Mirren 14/15 Carbrini Home Football Shirt - Football Shirt Culture -  Latest Football Kit News and More

100% BC was responsible for approving these strips. As soon as I saw them at a launch I knew they were “relegation” material. 

I asked BC “who approved these?” - he was pleased as punch to say that he did. 🤦 
Reckon his step son must have been spiking his morning coffee with some hallucinogenic mushrooms. 
🤮 

BC is a good guy nonetheless. I’ve forgiven him for this. 

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

The Stevie Mallan at Dens.

9 hours ago, AW saint said:

McMenamin came on for NI. Pity CBM didnt get on. 

Hopefully that will be the case for us in our next game.

Baccus and Kwon must start.

If we want a shot at qualifying for Europe, no matter where players will be next year, we need to start playing our best team.

8 hours ago, FTOF said:

Hopefully that will be the case for us in our next game.

Baccus and Kwon must start.

If we want a shot at qualifying for Europe, no matter where players will be next year, we need to start playing our best team.

You are spot on. I don't think CBM should be dropped but our Captain and him can't play together. 

Kwon should be a stick on. 

Regardless if they are here or not we need to play our best side to chase europe.