The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

I haven’t checked but I thought Falkirk then played Inverness in the last game with whoever lost going down. 

ok just checked, I was totally wrong, still two games to go after that one, for Falkirk they were two no scoring draws, the final one against Killie where a Falkirk win would have put Killie down

Indeed that game seen us safe but Falkirk weren’t relegated till the last day.

Fair knocked the stuffing out them though. Not being able to hold onto a lead at home against a fellow relegation struggler who were down to 10 men was a sure sign they were headed downwards.

5 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Rumours of St Mirren calling in administrators. Fingers crossed it's not true

Some random League One poster in the League One forum.

He does have a good record on transfer scoops in the lower leagues to be fair to him.

It was apparently started by a Hearts fan (shock) on twitter. No substance to it, our finances are fine.

Just now, lionel wickson said:
32 minutes ago, Lex said:

They aren’t true.

He does have a good record on transfer scoops in the lower leagues to be fair to him.

Still won't happen though. We are in a healthy position with plenty of reserves in the bank. 

They're a good few clubs in the Premiership in a more precarious position than ourselves. 

25 minutes ago, Lex said:

It was apparently started by a Hearts fan (shock) on twitter. No substance to it, our finances are fine.

In addition, we're at the level as a club where the furlough scheme actually helps cover a decent chunk of players' wages. 

But yeah, I just had a look through and it's literally a Hearts fan spouting shite and pretending to be ITK.

Theyve spent all morning spreading rumours we're also headed for administration. 

Must be their coping mechanism. 

Theyve spent all morning spreading rumours we're also headed for administration. 

Must be their coping mechanism. 

Dunno if anyone has been watching Match of Their Day in recent weeks. Both Ian Wright and Martin Keown had games from Arsenal's 97/98 season in their picks and in both of them Christopher Wreh was playing up front (Wright singled him out for messing up a good chance). Weird to think he went from double winner to Quitongo/Yardley/McGarry/McGinty keeping him out of the St Mirren team inside five years. Then we tried to punt him to Darlington and he missed his train.

Bringing things up to date, I'm reading Michael Calvin's book Family, where he spends a season with Millwall (think it's about 10 years ago). Jon Obika has just appeared in it after signing on loan. No idea how it goes for him but his new team-mates not speaking to him in the canteen on his first day because they just thought he was someone's pal isn't a good start 🤣

I have no recollection of sitting next to your cousins at that game, btw that's just about the best photo of me ever obviously 80 yards is about my best distance!

On 29/04/2020 at 22:49, Arch Stanton said:

First game of the season at home to Ayr. You, red arrow; me, blue arrow.

image.png.3351bcb245c657f92dd21958be7f53de.png

On 04/05/2020 at 11:08, Stu said:

I was bored so made a quiz challenging you to name every player from the *shudder* Tommy Craig era through to the present day. There's been a few...

https://www.sporcle.com/games/SMTID/st-mirren-players-2014-2019

I got 81. I somehow remembered Adam Brown and forgot to type Stevie Mallan. 😬

Some really awful players in there that I never want to be reminded of again.

41 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Latest statement.

STs on sale Monday, new strips out beginning of June.

bit.ly/2L5t0V7

Anyone got an idea of what the new strips will be like? I'll not like, I wasn't keen on this season's number. It wasn't JD Sports terrible, but it wasn't great.

24 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Joma have made this for Dunfermline. Basically added an extra stripe to our kit from this season.

I find the joma stuff pretty meh in all honesty. Screenshot_20200506-182005_Twitter.jpeg

Do not want.

STOP FUCKING UP BLACK AND WHITE STRIPES.