Dundee United 2017/2018

5 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

If Csaba Laszlo does not have a clause in his contract which means he goes when we fail to get promotion, you'd have to wonder why he is still in position.

Not sure why you or anyone else thinks it's a mystery that a skint club in the middle of a game of boardroom musical chairs isn't going to pay off the remaining 13 months of a manager's contract. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

You don't have to wait until end of season he could be put on gardening leave now leaving the Ellis /Luggy magic show to galvanise us to playoff glory.

That may be true, but then failure to secure promotion would have been out of Laszlo's hands, thus his agent may argue that it was technically not of his doing.

2 hours ago, virginton said:

Not sure why you or anyone else thinks it's a mystery that a skint club in the middle of a game of boardroom musical chairs isn't going to pay off the remaining 13 months of a manager's contract. 

There's no mystery to me.

Apart from how you know the financial situation of a club you aren't involved with, and also why you believe a "game of boardroom musical chairs" is taking place at that club.

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

That may be true, but then failure to secure promotion would have been out of Laszlo's hands, thus his agent may argue that it was technically not of his doing.

That’s the way I see it too.  If such a clause exists it can only be triggered once promotion is no longer a possibility; anything else means the club is liable.

Unless Laszlo does the decent thing and walks, and there’s no chance of that.

24 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s the way I see it too.  If such a clause exists it can only be triggered once promotion is no longer a possibility; anything else means the club is liable.

Unless Laszlo does the decent thing and walks, and there’s no chance of that.

Exactly. Gardening leave makes no sense and hes not going to walk away from a salary. Especially if he wont get compensation.

5 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

A contract won't be drafted with nebulous notions of whose fault it was if any clause exists it will simply say that in the event that the club are not promoted the club will have the option to terminate.

9 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I think there should be more of an appreciation for our captain. Willo has been our best player this season and if we had a squad willing to put the effort in he does, we could be looking at automatic promotion.

F*ck off you halfwit.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

A contract won't be drafted with nebulous notions of whose fault it was if any clause exists it will simply say that in the event that the club are not promoted the club will have the option to terminate.

And if there is such a  clause in his contract and Laszlo is removed from his position before non-promotion is confirmed then there is absolutely no chance it could be effectively exercised. 

8 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

And if there is such a contract and Laszlo is removed from his position before non-promotion is confirmed then there is absolutely no chance it could be effectively exercised. 

Do you know what gardening leave is?

I haven't invented this, it is perfectly normal practice in all businesses to remove non performing employees from regular duties without prejudice and without any effect on the contractual obligations of either party.

34 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:
58 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
F*ck off you halfwit.

To be fair I had you in the section incapable of understanding the game.

To be fair I’d have you sectioned.

(Awaits PMS telling me why I legally can’t have Albert sectioned).

Archived