Dundee United 2017/2018

Sutton and Hypolyte came on - hoping Hypolyte’s long throws would give Sutton a chance of winning a header from them. Worth a go, as we were chasing a goal. Sutton, and it pains me to say it as he has been great for us, is just about done.

Sutton isn’t ‘just about done’ he is done. In the last 3 years the only manager to give him a starting place was Alex Rae on The Road To Oblivion. Sutton will be lucky to get a game in Division 1 next season as he hasn’t played any competitive football for 18 months. In a past existance he was decent for us but that was a galaxy long ago and far away.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Sutton isn’t ‘just about done’ he is done. In the last 3 years the only manager to give him a starting place was Alex Rae on The Road To Oblivion. Sutton will be lucky to get a game in Division 1 next season as he hasn’t played any competitive football for 18 months. In a past existance he was decent for us but that was a galaxy long ago and far away.

I simply wasn’t going to be as brutal as this towards a player I have enjoyed watching in the stripes. Motherwell 2-3, and many other great moments and goals. We all know he won’t be with us next season, no need to boot the guy in the Scott Browns....

Back to the subject of Dundee United. I have to say, I thought Moshni had an excellent game for them on Tuesday. He seems to have leadership qualities about him, and was pacier than I thought. Fair play to the guy, he mopped everything up, made tackles, and rallied his team-mates. Clearly, a decent player to have in your team in this division.

Sutton was given a chance to join us on loan in January and get regular game time. He turned it down to sit on St Mirren's bench for the remainder of the season and pick up an easy wage and a league winners medal that he hasn't really earned. It was fairly well publicised that both clubs and managers had agreed the deal but he wasn't up for it.

I really can't see him dropping down into League 1 if he didn't fancy regular games in the Championship with a part-time team. If he's lucky he'll get a lower end full-time Championship deal, failing that he'll mince around without a club until someone gets desperate and flings a short term deal his way IMO.

6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Sutton was given a chance to join us on loan in January and get regular game time. He turned it down to sit on St Mirren's bench for the remainder of the season and pick up an easy wage and a league winners medal that he hasn't really earned. It was fairly well publicised that both clubs and managers had agreed the deal but he wasn't up for it.

I really can't see him dropping down into League 1 if he didn't fancy regular games in the Championship with a part-time team. If he's lucky he'll get a lower end full-time Championship deal, failing that he'll mince around without a club until someone gets desperate and flings a short term deal his way IMO.

See if we clinch the point we need with a John Sutton header from a Hypolyte long throw? I will never tire of re-posting the above.

9 hours ago, pozbaird said:

See if we clinch the point we need with a John Sutton header from a Hypolyte long throw? I will never tire of re-posting the above.

St Mirren (Champions) thread for this pish!!

Would appreciate of you re-post any such above on that thread if applicable.

Many Many Thanks

MacArab*

*And all other Arabs

Accounts now lodged.  The net worth of the club has dropped from £1.8m to £800k.  Not nearly as bad as 6 years prior when we were £3.6m in the red, but then again we won’t have the likes of Gauld,  Robertson and Armstrong to sell anytime soon.

Obviously the accounts are nine months old so f**k knows what the situation is now.  I’ll be glad when midnight comes.

Yip......this time next week we will be cherry picking all the Barca players that are outa contract in the summer, maybe a smattering from the Bundesliga.........non o' yer pish mind, and they won't walk straight into the side they will have to fight for a place.

1 hour ago, MacArab said:

Great to see that you are as chuffed as we are about today’s superb win over Falkirk, Biggie!! ;)

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Have always suspected United are his big team.

Never give up, you tangerine fandangs. Thank you.

Archived