BBC Leaders Debate 31/5/17

Crùbag

Just now, strichener said:

Have you read it?  I have already pointed out the inaccuracies in the video.  Do you really think an NHS hospital will not get public money to buy sheets unless they sell off some of their estate?  Really?  I have no problem with critical analysis but that video only provides the criticism and what little analysis it contains is based on ignorance.

Let's see some consistency here - I don't see that you have had a similar issue with the police estate review in Scotland or how about

You interpreted it.  So did the other guy.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye me as well. I don't see why the elderly should be guaranteed a pay rise every year regardless.

Me three. Young folk having housing benefit removed, education cut and raking up huge debts while politicians fall over each other to throw money at the elderly

6 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I would happily get rid of the triple lock, tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Aye me as well. I don't see why the elderly should be guaranteed a pay rise every year regardless.

Just now, glasgow-sheep said:

Me three. Young folk having housing benefit removed, education cut and raking up huge debts while politicians fall over each other to throw money at the elderly

Because the old folk get out and vote

1 minute ago, glasgow-sheep said:

I know. Self fulfilling prophecy perhaps?

The youth demographic need to get out and vote in large numbers or the tories will always decide whats best for them

Just now, Shades75 said:

You interpreted it.  So did the other guy.

No I didn't interpret it, I read it.  This is a transcribe of what the guy says

Now how do you go about selling NHS assets?  It's going to be pretty costly.  Well in the Naylor report it even mentions the cost and it is somewhere in the region of £10bln

Here is what the Naylor Report actually states:

17)    Substantial capital investment is needed to deliver service transformation in well evidenced STP plans.
We envisage that the total capital required by these plans is likely to be around £10bn, in the medium term, which could be met by contributions from three sources; property disposals, private capital (for primary care) and from HMT

There is no dispute over this, the Naylor Report at no point states that it will cost £10bln to sell NHS assets.

You either have to be totally bereft of any understanding of the English language to equate cost of selling with capital investment or just plain stupid.  The fact that so many have taken the contents of the video at face value shows just how easily people are influenced by social media.

Tim Farron was an earlier prototype built by, but ultimately rejected by, Gepetto. He appears to borrowed a suit from him too.

Nuttal, AKA Racist Uncle, almost gleefully spluttering his hate. I thought he was going to cap it off with calling folk facking mugs and singing football songs.

Have you read it?  I have already pointed out the inaccuracies in the video.  Do you really think an NHS hospital will not get public money to buy sheets unless they sell off some of their estate?  Really?  I have no problem with critical analysis but that video only provides the criticism and what little analysis it contains is based on ignorance.
Let's see some consistency here - I don't see that you have had a similar issue with the police estate review in Scotland

Your criticisms were nitpicking. The overall story from that video was absolutely spot on.

This is how the privatisation of the nhs will happen. It won't be a big shiny policy with the heading 'privatisation' on it.

Archived