• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

6 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

We seem to be of great interest to fans of other clubs which clearly demonstrates a degree of respect for the great success we had up to 2015/2016.

Which now also suggests some are revelling in our present state and are desperate for our demise given how we were such a threat to them, but I'm sure once we overcome this bump in the road we'll get back to winning.

This is the sort of attitude that means rival fans will be full of sympathy when the donation buckets come out.

3 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

If you can't handle being laughed at when your team is shite then supporting a 'diddy team' probably isn't for you.  

FTFY. Ffs, I thought it was a recognised thing you have to have a thick skin to support any side outside the Ugly Sisters.

33 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

FTFY. Ffs, I thought it was a recognised thing you have to have a thick skin to support any side outside the Ugly Sisters.

I think you need a thicker skin on here as an ugly sister supporter than any other team tbf. 

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I think you need a thicker skin on here as an ugly sister supporter than any other team tbf. 

I'm not talking about on here, I'm talking about it the real world where the OF "supporters" dominate. 

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Oh Sandy, keep up. I'm Head of Pointing and Laughing. Check the Falkirk, Livi and Clyde threads, even Edinburgh City. You're club have employed Scott Gardiner, you've gotten of lightly for that alone. ICT are making these basket cases look like The Bank of England and it's my duty to maximise the childish sniggering at your expense.

I hope that explains.

You forgot Tank Identification Expert.

10 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

We seem to be of great interest to fans of other clubs which clearly demonstrates a degree of respect for the great success we had up to 2015/2016.

Which now also suggests some are revelling in our present state and are desperate for our demise given how we were such a threat to them, but I'm sure once we overcome this bump in the road we'll get back to winning.

It actually suggests we’re were wandering by and saw all the action and dropped in to point and snicker. Oh, and maybe pick up a few players.

10 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I did a wee check on some clubs winning histories and I was surprised to find we have won far more in our 30 year existence than others have achieved in over a hundred years.

Caledonian FC and Inverness Thistle FC both founded 1885 but merged in 1994. I make 2024 minus 1885 to give 139 years of existence.

22 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I did a wee check on some clubs winning histories and I was surprised to find we have won far more in our 30 year existence than others have achieved in over a hundred years.

Oh Dear.

22 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I posted these to provoke a reaction and it worked brilliantly by flushing the twats out, and there's plenty of them.

Made my day so far and for sure they will be on this post.

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I posted these to provoke a reaction and it worked brilliantly by flushing the twats out, and there's plenty of them.

Too clever for me Sandy, I feel such a fool!

7 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

image.gif.25e9f050329f9f280afa0d5762ea4ed7.gif

20 hours ago, rockson said:

Caledonian FC and Inverness Thistle FC both founded 1885 but merged in 1994. I make 2024 minus 1885 to give 139 years of existence.

FFS that's the same as the Sevco sums in 2012 when Newco Rangers came to be.

Ayr and Ayr Parkhouse amalgamated in 1909 to form Ayr United. The club's history starts from then and nothing about existence before then.

Edited by embow

24 minutes ago, embow said:

FFS that's the same as the Sevco sums in 2012 when Newco Rangers came to be.

Ayr and Ayr Parkhouse amalgamated in 1909 to form Ayr United. The club's history starts from then and nothing about existence before then.

Ahem, 1910.

12 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

And I suppose Livingston didn't exist as Ferranti Thistle and Meadowbank Thistle before they moved from Edinburgh?

I think it's disgraceful that fans ignore the extended history of their own clubs.

The Sevco situation was different. The previous club went out of business. Caledonian and Inverness Thistle did not; they merged.

And the fact that a poster mentioned Ayr Parkhouse and Ayr merging shows they're not exactly forgotten.

The only difference between Duncan Ferguson's The Caley and Steve Clarke's The Caledonia is that Billy Mckay isn't randomly wandering around the midfield for the latter. Sad.

10 hours ago, rockson said:

And I suppose Livingston didn't exist as Ferranti Thistle and Meadowbank Thistle before they moved from Edinburgh?

I think it's disgraceful that fans ignore the extended history of their own clubs.

The Sevco situation was different. The previous club went out of business. Caledonian and Inverness Thistle did not; they merged.

And the fact that a poster mentioned Ayr Parkhouse and Ayr merging shows they're not exactly forgotten.

If its the same club simply changing their name or relocating then it's remains the same club. Two or more clubs merging into one makes that a new club, there would be new Constitution, new application to join the relevant Associations, etc. Quite a few clubs probably started with mergers of other clubs,  Ayr Utd as already mentioned, QoS as well in 1919, not the date of the original clubs' founding. Of course the original clubs are still remembered but their history ended when the new club was formed.

I wonder if Ferguson will be there for pre-season training. He hasn't been mentioned by the club in any of the press releases, statements etc, he's made no comment to the press since the loss to Hamilton.  Very unusual.  I'd have to listen back but I think Ross Morrison said in his interview on the podcast that it was too expensive to get rid of him, a real vote of confidence there!  It was said, again never confirmed, that he was one reason for the Kelty move as he was living away from home to manage us, although I believe he lives in Liverpool so not sure how Kelty would be better for that.  He wasn't quoted in any of the press about the move or mentioned as coming up with it by Morrison in his interviews.

The other question is the players.  No-one has made any announcement about contracts, releases or anything in relation to our squad.  Morrison in the podcast interview mentioned as an aside that "the young lads" had been offered new deals, no idea who he meant or any details.  As things stand, our first team squad isthi

Goalkeepers - None

Defenders - Nikola Ujdur, Remi Savage, Danny Devine, Lewis Nicholson

MIdfielders - Charlie Gilmour, Luis Longstaff

Forwards - Billy Mckay, Adam Brooks

The 'young lads' who were out on loan last season to various clubs are as follows

Matthew Strachan - defender, Nairn County

Sam Nixon - defender, Forres Mechanics

Jack Walker - defender, Forres Mechanics

Calum MacLeod - midfielder, Clach

Keith Bray - midfielder, Elgin

Calum Mackay - midfidler, Clach

Robbie Thompson - forward, Spartans

Ethan Cairns - forward, Banks O'Dee

No idea of their ability or potential, other than Bray who looked pretty useful early last season.  All these players are 18 or 19 years old.

Edited by ICTChris