"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

It's funny, there was a loud noise in the air last night, louder than the usual jet engine noise of planes taking off from our International Airport, so I had a look on Flight Radar and saw it was the common Inverness to Bristol flight taking a slightly different Vector heading South directly over my house instead of a mile or so to the East of it and happened to notice said private jet from Big Philly Style coming in to land  I had hoped it was big Les Kidger coming back to save The Caley, unfortunately it seems it was only Taylor 'Swifty' Swift.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

5 hours ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Nobody ever claimed Ferguson to be a good manager. He’s a terrible manager who was relegated despite being backed in January and having 90% of the season to keep us up.

Yet you claimed that the day you got relegated was when Dodds signed a contract extension, which directly contradicts your argument above. 

18 hours ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

I wonder if this will be considered a "football debt"? I think the SFA make clubs coming out of admin pay all "football debts" in order they can keep their license. Something that infuriates HMRC.

18 hours ago, welshbairn said:

So long as Billy Dodds and Big Dunc are happy, that's the main thing.

Why would club employees not be entitled to what they were owed? They're not the ones responsible for the financial mess, that's down to the board.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Why would club employees not be entitled to what they were owed? They're not the ones responsible for the financial mess, that's down to the board.

Most of the other employees would likely just get laid off, Ferguson expects to be paid for another 2 years and Dodds is still getting paid now, despite the pair of them having majorly worsened the club's position. I don't see why they should get preference over any other creditors, something that the SFA insists on.

Edited by welshbairn

50 minutes ago, RiG said:

Clearly she is picking up some dream rings from Harry Gow before heading south.

You lot need pulled up on this. It's based on a morning roll, absolutely rank.

Anyway, Billy Dodds voted to kill Dundee rather than a CVA so I hope you aren't relying on his good will. 

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Most of the other employees would likely just get laid off, Ferguson expects to be paid for another 2 years and Dodds is still getting paid now, despite the pair of them having majorly worsened the club's position. I don't see why they should get preference over any other creditors, something that the SFA insists on.

Any other employee would be laid off within their rights as an employee of the club or any other workplace. When managers are fired from any other club, they always get a pay out if it is not something that is explicitly captured within their contract (for example, a relegation clause).

If ICT just decided to stop paying Dodds, Ferguson or any other employee for that matter, these persons would be well within their rights to take them to an employment tribunal.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The club agreed to give them a contract and therefore they should fully expect that to be honoured. Dodds took them to a Scottish Cup final last season and the play-off final the year before, both of which would have made them a lot of money, so it works both ways. Other staff being laid off would also become creditors unless their contract allows it to happen.

I think the requirement to pay off football creditors in full is completely reasonable to be quite honest. The SFA and SPFL are members organisations, and if you want to remain a member in good standing then you need to make sure that you don't owe any money to other members or anyone otherwise associated with them. It creates a degree of security within the sport, and also ensures that other clubs retain a degree of confidence from banks.

44 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

You lot need pulled up on this. It's based on a morning roll, absolutely rank.

Anyway, Billy Dodds voted to kill Dundee rather than a CVA so I hope you aren't relying on his good will. 

Did he??

Good to hear there’s individuals interested in investing or outright buying the club. However, as Gardiners still involved he’ll manage to f**k it up somehow and we’ll probably end up owing more money to some randoms 

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

..... The SFA and SPFL are members organisations, and if you want to remain a member ...

Aye, the bloody SPFL is indeed a fine example of an organisation that looks after the best interests of its members, such as ...

Dictating to 30/42 of its member clubs that they must fund a high quality grass pitch if they aspire to get promoted to the cherished land of the top league, completely ignoring their well presented opposing arguments, knowing full well that most can't afford it, and

Maintaining a biased and unrepresentative voting structure that ensures that the leagues cannot be restructured to facilitate more opportunities for the unfashionable and lesser funded clubs ...

All designed to preserve the virtual cartel and keep the diddies/pond life in their place.

As Burns said ... such a parcel of rogues in a nation.

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Good to hear there’s individuals interested in investing or outright buying the club. However, as Gardiners still involved he’ll manage to f**k it up somehow and we’ll probably end up owing more money to some randoms 

Grassa sharing the business analysis which has made his international reputation. 

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Administration isn't the (relatively) simple fix some folk seem to think it is.

It could mean the end of ICT.

There is a workable company there once the silly debts are under control and the people's daft aspirations of 5k a week managers and full time football are tempered. No reason why ICT can't regroup and live well within it's means with the right people in charge 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Steve Carrella said:

Grassa sharing the business analysis which has made his international reputation. 

I’m still not quite sure what Grassa Bennett does.  Or at least, what he does that Scot Gardiner couldn’t  do more badly.  

Edited by Savage Henry

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

I’m still not quite sure what Grassa Bennett does.  Or at least, what he does that Scot Gardiner can’t do more badly.  

It doesn't have to be anything massive, just wee things that bring in a few quid and doesn't leave you wide open to risk... Use the land around the ground more for low-key car bootsales and rent out the function rooms at reasonable rates to local businesses to use. They sit there doing nothing most of the week so even if it's not a big earner, it's better than a boot in the baws. 

Maybe host a concert or 2 but take a little hit on the profits by sub-contracting it out to a reputable events company who would share the profit and take the risk if they make an arse of it. Keep the football club away from the risky side of it, it's not worth the extra few quid

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, virginton said:

Yet you claimed that the day you got relegated was when Dodds signed a contract extension, which directly contradicts your argument above. 

12 hours ago, virginton said:

I don't think Dodds would have kept Inverness up,

Inverness changed manager and had a reasonably large change to the first team squad in January, had multiple opportunities to determine their own fate in the final weeks of the regular season, and then simply had to get past two play-off opponents to stay up anyway. If Ferguson had anything about him as a manager then he would have achieved safety in what was an utter dogshit standard of division from 4th all the way down. 

🤨It's not hard to understand we got 1 point out of our 1st 5 league games under Dodds we won 1 game in 9 if you include the league cup. Everyone & their dog could see it was time for him to go but Ross Morrison extended his contract cause of the cup final another mistake in a long list of them. 

Dunc was slightly better but not a massive upgrade by any means although he did get 41 points . But as you literally just said 11 hours ago he should've kept us up & you explained rather well why we think he's a poor manager 

If he joined us at the start of the season we probably would've finished 8th or 7th certainly nothing spectacular though. If we got someone else in say Imrie we probably would've finished higher. 

With all due respect I think ICT fans know a bit more then Morton fans about how good or bad ICT managers are 👍

Hindsight is 20/20 anyway. 

Edited by Connor Macleod