"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

We seem to sign a known sicknote every summer.  Very bad due diligence from the club.  At least Sean Welsh seems to have played more than 5 games this season.

Frequent crocks are about all we can afford these days sadly. We have to take a chance on them and hope they can overcome their problems. Thankfully Welsh has been able to stay off the treatment table for most of this season so that's something. 

Edited by RiG

We knew that when we signed him - it's not like it was just bad luck.  He looked reasonably solid enough in the few games he's played but we can't retain someone who we know won't get more than half a dozen games a season out of.

1 minute ago, Highland Capital said:

We knew that when we signed him - it's not like it was just bad luck.  He looked reasonably solid enough in the few games he's played but we can't retain someone who we know won't get more than half a dozen games a season out of.

Yep, he was great against the Rangers colts last season.  Think that was the last game he played for us.

I know beggars can't be choosers to some degree, but I think Storey has reached the end of the road with us.  Thought he was rubbish against Buckie.  In the beginning when he was played wide some people excused his poor performances as the wing isn't his best position but he's played quite a bit up-front this season and he's looked like he couldn't finish a hot dog.  Funny how he looked like a good player in the SPL in a far less direct team, but in the league below in a team that you'd think better suits his style he's looked pretty powder puff.

16 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, he was great against the Rangers colts last season.  Think that was the last game he played for us.

I was quite surprised to see he played two full games against Dunfermline and Morton after that match before we was injured about one minute after kick off down at Alloa which is when we last saw him over a year ago. He was on the bench for the recent game against Alloa but he's been out of the squad since then.  

54 minutes ago, RiG said:

I was quite surprised to see he played two full games against Dunfermline and Morton after that match before we was injured about one minute after kick off down at Alloa which is when we last saw him over a year ago. He was on the bench for the recent game against Alloa but he's been out of the squad since then.  

Yep, one bench appearance this season then injured again.  Release IMO.

5 hours ago, RiG said:

On this point I'm lead to believe that Toshney has in fact been paid off by the club (or will be) so I doubt we'll see him in an ICT shirt again.

Confirmed.

Is it just a coincidence that a Dundee fan posted about his antics on here during the Old Firm game and now he's been released?  He was either released a while ago and the club didn't say anything (wouldn't be the first time they've pulled that trick) or he's a constantly injured eejit who we've decided we've had enough of.

Edited by Highland Capital

4 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Is it just a coincidence that a Dundee fan posted about his antics on here during the Old Firm game and now he's been released?  He was either released a while ago and the club didn't say anything (wouldn't be the first time they've pulled that trick) or he's a constantly injured eejit who we've decided we've had enough of.

As RiG says he was on the bench vs Alloa on 6th March so I’m inclined to go with the latter conclusion 

Toshney was an example of a player who got better in the eyes of the fans the less he played.  He did have a good game against the Rangers Colts but we can't carry on much longer with a guy who gets injured every five minutes.  You'd imagine McHattie coming back into the fold has played a part as well.

Can't help but think though that Toshney's departure might also mean the chances of Brad Mckay being retained have also vastly increased. :(

Edited by Highland Capital

Absolutely not.  We'd be as well relegating ourselves to League One.  Speaking to a few people 'in the know', one as recently as yesterday actually,  our money situation isn't nearly as bad as everyone seems to think (and fans of other clubs on here would hope).  That's even before you include the £500,000 every club in the league received. 

I think the Daily Record headline back in 2019(?) made it sound a whole lot worse than what it actually was and from then everyone has just assumed we’ve no money. 

Was thinking last night about who our best ever loan signing has been? I struggled to think of many good loan signings we’ve had. My initial thoughts were Doran and Storey who done well in his loan spell with us. We had Charlie Taylor who’s now at Burnley on loan for the 2nd half of 2012/2013 I think. Any one that I’ve completely forgot about? 

6 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I think the Daily Record headline back in 2019(?) made it sound a whole lot worse than what it actually was and from then everyone has just assumed we’ve no money. 

They like to report as any clubs as possible 'going to the wall' after their beloved Rangers couldn't be saved in 2012.