"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

46 minutes ago, RiG said:

Starting to!?

I was trying to give the club et al the benefit of the doubt to some degree, though the feeling that Robbo wasn't coming back has been with me since the start.  Appointing a new 'interim' assistant certainly suggests though that this is a permanent appointment in everything but name.  If it is a permanent appointment, it's not a good one.

We're told constantly that the club is skint yet I can only imagine Dodds won't be working for free.  Our squad is so small and injury-prone that we could well be going into a relegation dogfight with a team predominantly made up of kids.  We need a few new players and we need them now - a lot lot more than we need a new 'interim' assistant...and certainly more than an 'interim' assistant named Billy Dodds.

Edited by Highland Capital

Billy Dodds? Trying to make me actually hate your club.

On a serious note, heard Robbo and Kellacher are out for the season. Hope they recover from their situations, sad to hear.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

23 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Billy Dodds? Trying to make me actually hate your club.

On a serious note, heard Robbo and Kellacher are out for the season. Hope they recover from their situations, sad to hear.

Yeah the statement above doesn't explicitly state this but Richard Gordon was reporting that neither will be back this season which is a massive shame. Obviously the main focus is that they both recover but I fear we have seen the last of Robbo at ICT. I hope I'm wrong obviously.

On 13/03/2021 at 14:46, SandyCromarty said:

Doesn't he live locally?

Shouldn't be the sole justification for picking someone though.

Surprised (well not really) at the number of ICT fans who genuinely see this as a positive and the catalyst to turn round our strike force and end the current malaise...................least we have taken some of the questionable punditry of the radio for everyone's benefits                

Edited by bdu98196

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Surprised (well not really) at the number of ICT fans who genuinely see this as a positive and the catalyst to turn round our strike force and end the current malaise...................least we have taken some of the questionable punditry of the radio for everyone's benefits                

We could appoint Harold Shipman as the club doctor and we'd have fans who'd defend it.  We have a small, injury-prone squad so if there's anything we need to spend what limited money we have on, it's new players.  Even folk on loan or on short term deals.  It's entirely possible that we could go into a relegation dogfight having to throw a couple of youths into the starting XI.  We need new bodies a lot more than we need an interim Billy Dodds who I can only assume isn't working for free.

Edited by Highland Capital

12 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Where did I say that because he lived locally Billy Dodds was entitled to the Caley position?

My post to Rig asked whether he lived locally.

There is a loose connection though.

Scot Gardner = Dundee FC = Neil McCann = Billy Dodds = All Sacked.

48 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Where did I say that because he lived locally Billy Dodds was entitled to the Caley position?

My post to Rig asked whether he lived locally.

There is a loose connection though.

Scot Gardner = Dundee FC = Neil McCann = Billy Dodds = All Sacked.

Never said you did so apologies for your assumption.......just merely stating that being local alone shouldn't be the sole justification or reason to accept its the best of decisions or candidates (some fans however do think it is)

......next up it'll be Bomber Brown heading up the A9 

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Wouldn't be surprised at a Brown appointment as he fits the mould with the other three, having also been sacked at Dundee.

Dodds wasn't sacked at Dundee. He was made redundant by administrators. 

Brown wasn't sacked by Dundee. He quit. 

30 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Dodds wasn't sacked at Dundee. He was made redundant by administrators. 

Brown wasn't sacked by Dundee. He quit. 

Billy Dodds - Call it what you will, being made redundant , no longer required, surplus to requirements, whichever you call it Dundee got rid.

John Brown - Conflicting newspaper stories in 2014, gone by 'mutual consent' or sacked as reported by the Dundee Telegraph and others.

Either way their Dundee careers did not end well, end of story.

Edited by SandyCromarty

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Has Scot Gardiner properly moved to Inverness?  Some talk he was commuting before and staying in a hotel at the club's expense.

This is burn the witch territory.

His terms and conditions package is a matter that is for him and the club and not least in terms of gdpr, should be of no concern for others.

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Billy Dodds - Call it what you will, being made redundant , no longer required, surplus to requirements, whichever you call it Dundee got rid.

John Brown - Conflicting newspaper stories in 2014, gone by 'mutual consent' or sacked as reported by the Dundee Telegraph and others.

Either way their Dundee careers did not end well, end of story.

There's no conflicting stories about Brown. Gardiner was in the media for about a week after saying he begged Brown to stay but Brown was having none of it.

I mean if you can't trust Scot Gardiner, well, who can you trust?!