"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

4 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Pretty much sums up an awful lot of the shite you see ICT fans posting online sadly. A club where the fans genuinely prefer failings of others (County mainly) to their own success and are unable to get over living in the past.......really wonder if historically they would have stayed as outed been OF or Dons fans if the league hadn't submitted us.

Odd to see a Caley fan disowning and rubbishing his fellow fans to the opposition, strange.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I've genuinely not seen many posts about how County are doing or what they're up to on CTO. 

Agreed not on here and maybe not the last few wks, on other platforms but earlier in the season when RC were bottom more than a few seemed happy at their issues while glossing over our own (even in the league below) and I'm sure they are still out there. Much like some who will only say positives about Robbo, Pele & CC and refuse to acknowledge our biggest achievements were under Yogi who many had never liked. 

10 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Agreed not on here and maybe not the last few wks, on other platforms but earlier in the season when RC were bottom more than a few seemed happy at their issues while glossing over our own (even in the league below) and I'm sure they are still out there. Much like some who will only say positives about Robbo, Pele & CC and refuse to acknowledge our biggest achievements were under Yogi who many had never liked. 

Indeed.  Everyone knows the clubs are run completely differently these days so any on field comparison is moronic.

13 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

If you're on CTO and there isn't a Hibs fan looking for a programme from a match five years ago, are you really on CTO?

i take it it's for the replay up here which Hibs won 2-1?  

3 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Aye.  Two folk looking for programmes in the last couple of weeks.

Did we even produce one?  I remember that was around the time where we were losing money on programmes and decided to stop doing them for individual games.

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Did we even produce one?  I remember that was around the time where we were losing money on programmes and decided to stop doing them for individual games.

Think that was the last season we had them properly.  I've got one somewhere, but if they're such hot property I think I'll hold onto it before flogging it.  

Me in ten years - 

opso1cjaw0j21.jpg

On 23/02/2021 at 21:33, PB1994 said:

Neil McCann 😂😂

Oh dear oh dear.

On 23/02/2021 at 21:45, RiG said:

That's a fucking joke.

On 23/02/2021 at 22:09, Central Belt Caley said:

This could be the beginning of our banter years 

On 23/02/2021 at 23:18, Highland Capital said:

I know this is an interim appointment.  I know the club's skint.  I know we aren't a particularly attractive prospect.  That doesn't change the fact this is an underwhelming appointment.  McCann is a nice enough guy but a good manager?  Not sure.  

On 13/03/2021 at 14:20, Central Belt Caley said:

Banter years in full swing

After everything, with a depleted squad further hampered by injury and with the hoi polloi having grave doubts, to be within a win of a playoff place is an achievement in and of itself. 

One wonders if there might be those that would reconsider what some might regard as subjective views previously held?

6 minutes ago, sophia said:

After everything, with a depleted squad further hampered by injury and with the hoi polloi having grave doubts, to be within a win of a playoff place is an achievement in and of itself. 

One wonders if there might be those that would reconsider what some might regard as subjective views previously held?

Based on just the 2 wins in a row, no my opinion won’t be changing. If he is able to keep it up until the end of the season then I’ll give him credit for doing a good job.

43 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Based on just the 2 wins in a row, no my opinion won’t be changing. If he is able to keep it up until the end of the season then I’ll give him credit for doing a good job.

No, not based upon two straight wins, rather a consolidation followed by a steady improvement.

What drove you to take such a partisan stance on these matters from the outset when an openness might have been regarded as progressive?

27 minutes ago, sophia said:

No, not based upon two straight wins, rather a consolidation followed by a steady improvement.

What drove you to take such a partisan stance on these matters from the outset when an openness might have been regarded as progressive?

I’d hardly call a draw with Alloa and 2 awful performances and defeats to Dundee and Morton consolidation.

My opinion was based on his performance has manager of Dundee, which was absolutely terrible and with a top 6 Premiership budget each year. What else would it be based on?

You seem to be suggesting I want him to fail? I didn’t think he was a good manager when he was appointed, I still don’t think he is a good manager now but if he gets us into the playoffs (which I don’t think he will as we are probably too far off with the games in hand other teams have) or finishing 5th then great for us and great for him when he is probably wanting a more permanent full time gig.

9 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I’d hardly call a draw with Alloa and 2 awful performances and defeats to Dundee and Morton consolidation.

My opinion was based on his performance has manager of Dundee, which was absolutely terrible and with a top 6 Premiership budget each year. What else would it be based on?

You seem to be suggesting I want him to fail? I didn’t think he was a good manager when he was appointed, I still don’t think he is a good manager now but if he gets us into the playoffs (which I don’t think he will as we are probably too far off with the games in hand other teams have) or finishing 5th then great for us and great for him when he is probably wanting a more permanent full time gig.

According to the www his record at Dundee reads wdl 22 9 34.

That's a 50/50 success rate.

"Absolutely terrible" it is not.

In fact for a club with such a chequered recent history, I'd pitch it at fair to middling.

Would you like another try?

11 minutes ago, sophia said:

According to the www his record at Dundee reads wdl 22 9 34.

That's a 50/50 success rate.

"Absolutely terrible" it is not.

In fact for a club with such a chequered recent history, I'd pitch it at fair to middling.

Would you like another try?

Well for starters that is not a 50/50 success rate as not all draws are good results.

He was sacked with Dundee bottom of the Premiership with 3 points out of 24 so yes “absolutely terrible” will do for me.

The general opinion of Dundee fans also seems to be along the same lines.

Im not even sure what the issue is with me saying I thought he was a bad appointment? Am I not allowed to have a negative opinion?

13 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Well for starters that is not a 50/50 success rate as not all draws are good results.

He was sacked with Dundee bottom of the Premiership with 3 points out of 24 so yes “absolutely terrible” will do for me.

The general opinion of Dundee fans also seems to be along the same lines.

Im not even sure what the issue is with me saying I thought he was a bad appointment? Am I not allowed to have a negative opinion?

You really are toiling aren't you.

A draw isn't bad, ergo it is good and in the context of a club like Dundee, it is to be counted as a success in the top flight.

A few blowhards on a forum is not "general opinion" and even if it is, we're talking Dundee.

I don't have any issue with a considered appraisal but to outright discount a fellow human being while the ink dries says more about the pontification than the appointment.

32 minutes ago, sophia said:

You really are toiling aren't you.

A draw isn't bad, ergo it is good and in the context of a club like Dundee, it is to be counted as a success in the top flight.

A few blowhards on a forum is not "general opinion" and even if it is, we're talking Dundee.

I don't have any issue with a considered appraisal but to outright discount a fellow human being while the ink dries says more about the pontification than the appointment.

Toiling at what?  You asked what my opinion was based on and I told you, I’m not trying to prove I was right or force it onto anybody else.

A draw against Celtic or Rangers even Aberdeen away, yes good results but draws say at home to bottom six teams are not normally good results no matter who you are.

Who says I was talking about people on this forum? I presume you have asked the majority of Dundee what they thought about him then?

Please show me when I outright discounted him? I suggested it wasn’t a good appointment, I never said it wasn’t possible for him to do well, which is still to be said if he has as well have had more bad performances than good so far.

8 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Toiling at what?  You asked what my opinion was based on and I told you, I’m not trying to prove I was right or force it onto anybody else.

A draw against Celtic or Rangers even Aberdeen away, yes good results but draws say at home to bottom six teams are not normally good results no matter who you are.

Who says I was talking about people on this forum? I presume you have asked the majority of Dundee what they thought about him then?

Please show me when I outright discounted him? I suggested it wasn’t a good appointment, I never said it wasn’t possible for him to do well, which is still to be said if he has as well have had more bad performances than good so far.

What is this word salad?

You didn't suggest anything at all, rather you outright mocked from the outset and by any measure, that is a look that is very far from flattering.