"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

13 hours ago, sophia said:

This is burn the witch territory.

His terms and conditions package is a matter that is for him and the club and not least in terms of gdpr, should be of no concern for others.

I'd disagree. He, like the players wages are for the most part covered by the money that fans put into the club so I think it probably is of some concern to them as to how it's spent. Especially as we're told at every opportunity how broke we are and are asking fans to make contributions over and above their season ticket price. 

11 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I'd disagree. He, like the players wages are for the most part covered by the money that fans put into the club so I think it probably is of some concern to them as to how it's spent. Especially as we're told at every opportunity how broke we are and are asking fans to make contributions over and above their season ticket price. 

Well said and lets call it what it is - helping out pals - Gardiner has scratched the back of guys who aren't getting management gigs due to their reputation not being as strong as others and they have jumped at the chance to have it look like they are virtuous help out an ailing club ( while it gets them back into the spotlight).  Its pretty clear there's a strong 'connection'.

Latest episode of The Wyness Shuffle is out now featuring Shaun Rooney, David Carson, "The Fermer", game reviews, relegation chat, football pubs and a competition winner for the signed Aaron Doran ICT25 shirt. Enjoy!

16 hours ago, sophia said:

This is burn the witch territory.

His terms and conditions package is a matter that is for him and the club and not least in terms of gdpr, should be of no concern for others.

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm not asking for his address!

22 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Billy Dodds - Call it what you will, being made redundant , no longer required, surplus to requirements, whichever you call it Dundee got rid.

John Brown - Conflicting newspaper stories in 2014, gone by 'mutual consent' or sacked as reported by the Dundee Telegraph and others.

Either way their Dundee careers did not end well, end of story.

No, you can't "call it what you want". It's a redundancy, an action taken by the administrators - not the club. 

Brown wasn't sacked, he left off of his own accord - he even advised the club to appoint Paul Hartley. 

Apart from everything you write being bullshit, you're spot on. 

Look I don't give a fuckin monkeys about John Brown, all I did was mention that in three papers they said he was sacked, that was The Dundee Telegraph, The Telegraph and the Scottish Sun, all in early February 2014, if you prefer 'Left by Mutual Agreement' then so be it, that translates that the board didn't want him and how many times have we seen that with Managers.

What does it fuckin matter? unless you had a serious fuckin crush on him, oh hold on that's more bullshit, and I won't be responding to any more of yours. 

9 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm not asking for his address!

My goodness.

If you have a job, post your ts and cs and we'll take it from there.

You were quite literally asking for his address.

9 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Look I don't give a fuckin monkeys about John Brown, all I did was mention that in three papers they said he was sacked, that was The Dundee Telegraph, The Telegraph and the Scottish Sun, all in early February 2014, if you prefer 'Left by Mutual Agreement' then so be it, that translates that the board didn't want him and how many times have we seen that with Managers.

What does it fuckin matter? unless you had a serious fuckin crush on him, oh hold on that's more bullshit, and I won't be responding to any more of yours. 

The fucking state of this.

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I particularly like how he doesn't care - then goes on to explain in detail where he's looked. What does it matter, after claiming he doesn't care yet going into detail where he's looked. 

Admission of more bullshit before the icing being that he definitely, definitely, won't reply to me again. 

Sandy is an angry wee gobshite. 

Dodds lives in Cradlehall and hasn’t moved away from Inverness since he and McIntyre were sacked by County I believe.

Im guessing they went for him due to the fact that they wouldn’t have to give him some kind of relocation fee. Don’t underestimate the power of locality to a club when it comes to players and managers signing for one. 

On 15/03/2021 at 15:17, Mr. Alli said:

Dodds wasn't sacked at Dundee. He was made redundant by administrators. 

Brown wasn't sacked by Dundee. He quit. 

On 15/03/2021 at 19:17, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Billy likes fitba. Does this mean I don't need to listen to the clown co-commentating anymore?

Marvellous.

Thank you.

On 15/03/2021 at 20:55, Ludo*1 said:

There's no conflicting stories about Brown. Gardiner was in the media for about a week after saying he begged Brown to stay but Brown was having none of it.

I mean if you can't trust Scot Gardiner, well, who can you trust?!

Thank you all ever so much for your various interjections which I believe have a common basis in camaraderie across our football community.

In this bright spring morning and despite many challenges, the likes of which we have never before witnessed, things are suddenly looking sunny for the winning highland capital club.

I'm conscious however that for brief periods of time there are losers out there so I'll take a brief period to think of them.

Daniel McKay has now outscored Keatings, Sutherland and Storey this season, good return for him.  It's hard to rely on such a young player, he's still only 19 years old and is on a learning curve.  

1 hour ago, sophia said:

Thank you all ever so much for your various interjections which I believe have a common basis in camaraderie across our football community.

In this bright spring morning and despite many challenges, the likes of which we have never before witnessed, things are suddenly looking sunny for the winning highland capital club.

I'm conscious however that for brief periods of time there are losers out there so I'll take a brief period to think of them.

True sportsmanship?

21 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Daniel McKay has now outscored Keatings, Sutherland and Storey this season, good return for him.  It's hard to rely on such a young player, he's still only 19 years old and is on a learning curve.  

I always forget how young Mackay is after he made his debut when he was 16. Hopefully he can kick on this season and stay injury free 

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Pretty much sums up an awful lot of the shite you see ICT fans posting online sadly. A club where the fans genuinely prefer failings of others (County mainly) to their own success and are unable to get over living in the past.......really wonder if historically they would have stayed as outed been OF or Dons fans if the league hadn't submitted us.

15 hours ago, sophia said:

My goodness.

If you have a job, post your ts and cs and we'll take it from there.

You were quite literally asking for his address.

:lol:

Hope you'll be reporting The Scarf for announcing to the world that Billy Dodds lives in Cradlehall!

2 hours ago, Bridge & a Castle said:

Aye, fair play to the young lad. He had a hard time of it on Fri night and got a bit if pelters, but he's dug us out of a hole with that goal last night. 

Imagine what progress he might make by complementing his undoubted talents with an elevated technical level.

With our present management team guiding him, he's in good hands and with a bit of luck we'll have the star attacker we'd all like to watch.

30 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Pretty much sums up an awful lot of the shite you see ICT fans posting online sadly. A club where the fans genuinely prefer failings of others (County mainly) to their own success and are unable to get over living in the past.......really wonder if historically they would have stayed as outed been OF or Dons fans if the league hadn't submitted us.

I've genuinely not seen many posts about how County are doing or what they're up to on CTO.