"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

6 minutes ago, sophia said:

What is this word salad?

You didn't suggest anything at all, rather you outright mocked from the outset and by any measure, that is a look that is very far from flattering.

Ah so we are just making things up now. I’m out.

We've had players coming to us who have failed miserably elsewhere yet managed to turn their career around and move on.

Could this be what we are seeing with McCann as manager? or are the last two wins a flash in the pan?

It's debatable and time will tell.

Edited by SandyCromarty

23 minutes ago, Snafu said:

You seem to be more bothered about McCann standing in for Robbo until the end of the season than any Inverness supporter.

Are you worried he might turn into a success?

We do have a good habit of turning other club's dross into much-in-demand, though we are still waiting on that big offer from either Dundee Utd or Ross County for Brad McKay.

Jury is out for me on McCann, but if he gets us into the playoffs end of season after the struggles we've been through, he'll have done a good job.

If he gets us finishing 5th he will have done a good job. I think the playoffs are too far away from us now.

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

You seem to be more bothered about McCann standing in for Robbo until the end of the season than any Inverness supporter.

Are you worried he might turn into a success?

We do have a good habit of turning other club's dross into much-in-demand, though we are still waiting on that big offer from either Dundee Utd or Ross County for Brad McKay.

Jury is out for me on McCann, but if he gets us into the playoffs end of season after the struggles we've been through, he'll have done a good job.

No, I couldn't give a shit. If anything, I'd want McCann to do well as I loved him as a player and he gave me some very special memories.

I won't have people just rewriting history of his time at Dens though.

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Which people?

You are on the ICT thread, .....are you lost?

You can find them above if you read the thread.

I'm on a multi-club forum discussing an ex-Dee player and manager, why on earth would I be lost? 

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

Explain this rewriting history and what this has to do with us? :rolleyes:

If you're too thick to read the last page or so of this thread then you're a lost cause tbh. McCann's managerial record at Dundee was being discussed - if you can't see it, fair fucks for stupidity.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

If you're too thick to read the last page or so of this thread then you're a lost cause tbh. McCann's managerial record at Dundee was being discussed - if you can't see it, fair fucks for stupidity.

I thought there was broad agreement that his record, at the very least, bears scrutiny.

All the ills of what has been a club used to turmoil cannot be laid at the door of one man.

Just now, sophia said:

I thought there was broad agreement that his record, at the very least, bears scrutiny.

All the ills of what has been a club used to turmoil cannot be laid at the door of one man.

I think it's generally accepted that his tenure led to the 'downfall' of Dundee over the last few seasons. We certainly weren't in an unsaveable situation when he left and that's why McIntyre is worse but he started the process. He signed players he'd never watched and forced a style of football on them that even when plainly clear it wasn't going to work.

For every Jack Hendry & Glenn Kamara there was paying £100k for Jack Hamilton, Sofien Moussa, Simon Murray replacing Scott Allan etc.

He couldn't keep the squad together and fell out with numerous players. Scott Bain, Julen Extebeguren and Kevin Holt all publicly had a go at him when he was eventually punted.

He led us into a season where we had serious ambitions of a top 6 finish and certainly was given a very sizeable budget to achieve that goal and ended up with 7 defeats out of 8.

His spell at Dens can't be described as anything but a disaster and only the fact that Jim McIntyre decided to ramp it up to 10 after McCann left is the saving grace for him.

On the positive side, he absolutely owned Tommy Wright, publicly which was nice to see. He let no-one take the piss out of the club (off the pitch at least) and there was something to be admired about his stubbornness of imprinting a football 'identity' on the club.

I love Neil McCann and hope he does brilliantly for you (not at our expense though) less so with Gardiner and Dodds involved granted, but Dundee fans would only ever be well wishing towards McCann and realistic about his tenure at Dens.

If he has the wherewithal to realise what his downfall at Dens was then he has a great chance of being a success as he's a born winner.

6 minutes ago, Snafu said:

So you can't explain in your own words why you think that people on this thread including Inverness supporters are some how in your view rewriting history at Den's over McCann?

You don't take responsibility for what you write when queried and then there's deflection and insults when politely asked to explain.

This isn't N5 English m8.

There's no deflection, it's abundantly obvious what I was referring to. If you can't keep up, I'm not dumbing it down for you, apologies.

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

I know, being a manager at Dundee doesn't usually end well.

Just as well there is a club like Inverness that can give a manager who might have potential a good platform to impress and add some positives to his CV within the short time he is helping us out.

Most managers fail at some point in their careers, even the best of them.

You've clearly not read anything I've posted as I pretty much covered all that in my response to Sophia. If you're desperate to have the last word, have at it. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Lewis Toshney going around Lochee today in his Celtic strip ripping down Rangers flags. 

Some boy. 

Was just going to come on the thread to mention him.  I noticed he hasn't been in the squad for a while again.  I assume he's injured again.  Surely we've got to release him in the summer - he's been at the club for over a year now and only played a couple of games in all that time.