32 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Surprised that happened so quickly. Thought he'd at least get the summer.

No, its the new normal.

We will appoint someone to preside over the freefall into the playoffs, they get sacked and Ron Gordon wins the inaugural "most insane USA based owner in the SPFL" award - sponsored by Mascape ball shavers - 2021/22.

Shambles................

5 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

That will bother very few of them so long as you hand out proper contracts as they'll get paid regardless.

When you bin a manager in these circumstances the club is basically admitting they fucked it but in that case it's better taking action now even if it costs. It'll keep the ST holders on board and if you've decided you got it wrong what's the benefit in wasting a transfer window and sacking him when 10th in October?

I think it was too early to decide whether he was the wrong man or not, as a rookie he should have got the chance to prove himself rather than the club being run by what is effectively a spaniel being fed up of his new toy.

I reckon we’re just as likely to be 10th in October with the absolute Sunderland Till I Die-esq Kensell and the Americans picking another man to be quite honest.

Not surprising really, became quite clear early on that he was a coach and not a manager. He'll go back to the backroom staff where he belongs somewhere, and no doubt have a good career of it. 

Not unhappy he's gone at all, but pretty worrying we would appoint a first time manager in the first place if you didn't think a shite half season would follow. Ultimately wedded to a style and system that didn't suit our squad, to the point that Lewis Stevenson is starting (and tbf playing well) as a box to box midfielder in a SC Semi. The football was shite and his spinning it as anything other was becoming infuriating. 

Big clear out needed this summer and we've as usual given big contracts to guys I'd have pretty high in the list of needing punted. Need at least 5 starters so it's going to be a very fun season. 

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

Anyone think we are just the willing dupes in one of Rons new tv ventures?

Mebbe he has sold this tragicomic fuckscape drama to Netflix?

I need something meaty now I have finished Top Boy.

I have said it before and I will say it again but Ron is bringing the energy and drama of Latin American Telenovelas to Scotland and we should all be much more damn respectful of it. 

Tough on Maloney in the sense that he's not had a pre-season to get his ideas across, and bring his own players in.

On the other hand, if the board feel he isn't the right man, and have maybe heard from senior pros within the club that he doesn't have the respect of the players, then can you afford to wait? Especially as getting dragged into the play off place, whilst not very likely, remains a possibility. 

Was it just another example of clueless owners in Scottish football trying to show they know better than everyone else with innovative appointments getting it completely wrong?

3 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I wonder if Hibs will be tempted to go for something like a Kevin Thomson and Scott Brown dream team.

I thought Thomson may be linked, possibly too soon for him after Hibs appointing and firing an inexperienced manager? They may go for a more established choice.

Hibs 'success' under Jack Ross was largely based on Doidge, Nisbet and Boyle, all of whom have been unavailable to Maloney for a significant amount of his time in charge.

Not sure what the expectation was of him in the circumstances? Yes Hibs should be in the top 6 given their budget, but like Aberdeen and Hearts, they are only ever a few key injuries and a bad transfer window away from missing that.

14 minutes ago, Lex said:

Not surprising really, became quite clear early on that he was a coach and not a manager. He'll go back to the backroom staff where he belongs somewhere, and no doubt have a good career of it. 

Yeah.

From everything I've been told, Glass was a fantastic coach. The players enjoyed his training and was a breath of fresh air for the ones who had been there under McInnes. Management just isn't for everybody.