We desperately need a midfielder who's less static and goes hunting for the ball. Basically Gogic if he were good, or what Omeonga did for 90 minutes on Saturday; and cover for Cadden as based on what he's doing with CHs I'd say Clarke has been brought in to play RCB. That we're still looking at flighty forwards is worrying, even if the deal for Hauge has fallen through. Nisbet, Doidge and Melkerson to play up top; Nisbet, Henderson, Melkerson, Hauge, Mueller, Campbell (and Magennis/Murphy/Scott/Allan although they can be written off as injured/shit/probably still away) to play in the roles behind, which is a decent mix of types of player for those two no. 10 roles:

image.png.694724db46e459d1ec7883115e300727.png

Without Hauge that's still 5 players (plus Campbell and Magennis) for 3 positions up front, discounting Wright, Allan, Scott and Murphy

I think we'll see Cadden rotated for Wright occasionally, I think that's why he's been kept today. Asking a lot of our wide players in this system so makes sense that we brought in Mitchell and kept Wright for rotating when the starters are needing a rest.

Hauge is seemingly being bought so Steve Kean can have a great wee development side, so I guess all roads lead to Brandon Barker at present, for better or worse. 

---

image.png.c7f18bfe211e0be78984b810a5fe8816.png

Well that's a relief(ish).

Edited by Chefki Kuqi

It’s absolutely mental that despite all this absolute turmoil that we appear to be in we are still in a position in the league where we’d probably get a European place next year assuming one of the old firm/Hearts win the cup.

I honestly have the absolute fear about the rest of the season though, there is no doubt at all that sacking Ross was the right thing to do but time will tell if Maloney is the right man and he’s hardly being helped by the state of the squad he was left.

Hearts are going to absolutely batter us tomorrow night and I’m really concerned about the direction we’re going in, I suppose all the abuse directed at Mathie in the summer may have actually been the failings for The Gordon’s and Mr Kensell because we’re in an even worse position now than we were in in August.

I really do hope I’m wrong but this has an aura of where we replaced Fenlon with Butcher in the top 6 and went into freefall.

1 minute ago, Les Cabbage said:

It’s absolutely mental that despite all this absolute turmoil that we appear to be in we are still in a position in the league where we’d probably get a European place next year assuming one of the old firm/Hearts win the cup.

I honestly have the absolute fear about the rest of the season though, there is no doubt at all that sacking Ross was the right thing to do but time will tell if Maloney is the right man and he’s hardly being helped by the state of the squad he was left.

Hearts are going to absolutely batter us tomorrow night and I’m really concerned about the direction we’re going in, I suppose all the abuse directed at Mathie in the summer may have actually been the failings for The Gordon’s and Mr Kensell because we’re in an even worse position now than we were in in August.

I really do hope I’m wrong but this has an aura of where we replaced Fenlon with Butcher in the top 6 and went into freefall.

Yet there are still some Hibs fans who still think Jack Ross shouldn't have been sacked.

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

We desperately need a midfielder who's less static and goes hunting for the ball.

Absolutely, for once I might seethe at the close of the window if we haven't brought one in because it's just so blatant that we can't continue with the current midfield and expect to challenge for 4th.

We've punted Craig Samson too for an American goalkeeping coach roughly 8 years his senior. 

Seemingly played with Maloney and perhaps Samson is too 'old regime' for the brave new world being ushered in at Easter Road.

In all I'd be pretty happy with the window if it wasn't for the injuries sustained during it and for the fact that seemingly both those Norwegian lads are initially for Steve Kean's benefit rather than that of the first team. 

What gets my goat most however is punting players like Mackay, Tait and Bradley out on loan. Perhaps I'm too fond for the unknown, but I liked the idea of giving some of the bright stars of the Championship a go in the first team. As it is we look very light centrally so I reckoned Tait could have done some good there but at-least he'll be getting game-time.

And perhaps, you never know but perhaps Allan might be able to sign off his Hibs career with some more memorable moments.

6 hours ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

We've punted Craig Samson too for an American goalkeeping coach roughly 8 years his senior. 

Seemingly played with Maloney and perhaps Samson is too 'old regime' for the brave new world being ushered in at Easter Road.

In all I'd be pretty happy with the window if it wasn't for the injuries sustained during it and for the fact that seemingly both those Norwegian lads are initially for Steve Kean's benefit rather than that of the first team. 

What gets my goat most however is punting players like Mackay, Tait and Bradley out on loan. Perhaps I'm too fond for the unknown, but I liked the idea of giving some of the bright stars of the Championship a go in the first team. As it is we look very light centrally so I reckoned Tait could have done some good there but at-least he'll be getting game-time.

And perhaps, you never know but perhaps Allan might be able to sign off his Hibs career with some more memorable moments.

Yeah I think you're right about injuries taking the shine off, and Tait. I'm still concerned we didn't bring in a starting CM but ultimately we have done as much business as you can without completely unbalancing the squad with new faces, and started getting rid of some of the crap filling up the squad.