10 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Also. Has the singing section hired new blood since the heady days of Section43, or is it still led by folk like Ross and Derry? Good Lord, those boys must be well into their eighties by now...

It’s a new guard these days, Block 7 they call themselves, bit embarrassing at the moment but they’re I think most of them in their mid teens and they’ll learn.

Know Ross & Derry fairly loosely, both still go most weeks but not part of Section 43/Since1875 anymore.

If the bombs fall tonight and we're sitting 4th on goal difference I'd say that's a pretty good result given the season we've had.

Also assuming the authorities who run our game also get wiped out in the blast there's not a chance they can yank it away from us on a points per game basis like the last time.

Hibs star Ryan Porteous was part of a group who stole a woman’s tribute to her mum who died from dementia.

The 22-year-old defender was caught on camera as a man entered a garden to take the homemade wreath.
The incident happened in the early hours of Sunday morning after Porteous and pals drank in a miners’ club in Dalkeith, Midlothian.

The devastated homeowner managed to trace the memorial after she used social media and published a security camera image of Porteous and his pals.

A local contacted the woman and identified the Easter Road idol. She was also told the wreath had been dumped outside a nearby Aldi. She found it damaged and her mum’s brooch, which was placed in the centre, was missing

I've defended Ryan Porteous more than just about any other Hibs fan. However, if the reports are true, that is absolutely shocking behaviour.

What sort of lowlife would commit such mindless and senseless desecration? Shameful Saturday night 'antics' which cannot be excused.

And yet I've already seen fellow Hibs supporters leap to his defence because "he was only in the background!" - so what, is that any better?

You can tell the quality of a man by the company that he keeps, and it's clear from this that Porteous is in the company of arseholes.

Doesn't matter if he wasn't the ringleader, to let such a thing happen in his presence shows what an inconsiderate and daft person Ryan Porteous is.

Spoiler

I mean, for f**k's sakes, at least make sure it's a poppy wreath next time, son. 821185118_JackSloshed.png.8c28c2ba1db7194ceab5081f5d271ee3.png

Back on more important stuff.

We are starting to bring the average age of the squad right down, this can only be a positive thing - heres the average ages of the players that started the weekends matches - 

Rangers - 28.5
St Mirren - 27.5
Dundee Utd - 27
Motherwell - 26.9
Ross County - 26.3
St Johnstone - 25.9
Livingston - 25.8
Celtic - 25.4
Aberdeen - 25
Hearts - 24.2
Dundee - 23.7
Hibs - 23.5

6 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Well done Hibees on the ticket initiative.  See you there 👍 

Hope you enjoy it (just not too much !)

I believe we have split the South Stand, and St J have (or have almost) sold out the bottom half, and are now selling the top.

The other half of the away end is being sold to Hibs fans (will probably be full of bairns !) and there were only a few hundred tickets in the 3 home stands as of yesterday.

Looks like it will be a sellout, which will make it a much better spectacle and atmosphere - hope we do this for some other matches in the season.

The one PITA is that I am out the country that day so wont be able to use my ST 🙈

I’ve been sent that Porteous story twice now and both times by obsessed creepy ****. His pals acted like a dick and Porteous wasn’t involved. He’s walking away and telling his pal to stop from what I’ve seen.

Daily Record have succeeded in getting the **** frothing at the mouth though. 

8 hours ago, HibsFan said:

I've defended Ryan Porteous more than just about any other Hibs fan. However, if the reports are true, that is absolutely shocking behaviour.

What sort of lowlife would commit such mindless and senseless desecration? Shameful Saturday night 'antics' which cannot be excused.

And yet I've already seen fellow Hibs supporters leap to his defence because "he was only in the background!" - so what, is that any better?

You can tell the quality of a man by the company that he keeps, and it's clear from this that Porteous is in the company of arseholes.

Doesn't matter if he wasn't the ringleader, to let such a thing happen in his presence shows what an inconsiderate and daft person Ryan Porteous is.

Hide contents

I mean, for f**k's sakes, at least make sure it's a poppy wreath next time, son. 821185118_JackSloshed.png.8c28c2ba1db7194ceab5081f5d271ee3.png

A lone shining light on a dark sea of excuses. 

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

"a dark sea of excuses"

Joel Mchale Lol GIF by NETFLIX

22 year old man stoatin aboot Woodburn with a group of lads nicking tributes to deceased parents. Yes, if you think that is normal behaviour and that he doesn't deserve criticism, then we clearly have very different ideas about what is excusable and not. Boy's a total fucking rasper.

Idiot Facepalm GIF

4 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Whooshing that would put Dudley, Eunice and Franklin to shame there from your man Kyle. :lol:

Yeah, I got it (the poppies thing was a bit hard to miss), but I maybe gave you a bit too much credit with the rest of it. Shame because I did think that you were perhaps a lone voice of decency there. Never mind. 🤷‍♂️

These Ring doorbells are a problem, and there have been court cases surrounding inappropriate use.

Invasion of privacy issue by not greying out those who did not participate in the "great wreath theft of 2022" ?

Ryan looked and sounded sober as well.

Hope he has his lawyers on the case.

Make It Rain Money GIF

Some sort of custodial sentence I would imagine. Witnessing the theft of a wreath is 2 years minimum I believe. Thankfully it wasn't poppies as that carries a full life tariff.

I doubt he'll play for Hibs again and I wouldn't be surprised if the club are currently in the process of terminating his contract.

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

The article is written in a way that doesn't specifically cast any blame on Porteous for the theft and damage, just reporting the fact he was there. They've no doubt been careful in the way they have worded it.

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

These Ring doorbells are a problem, and there have been court cases surrounding inappropriate use.

Invasion of privacy issue by not greying out those who did not participate in the "great wreath theft of 2022" ?

Ryan looked and sounded sober as well.

Make It Rain Money GIF

I'm sure it would be a great comfort to the grieving woman, that not only does she need to suffer her property being stolen from her garden, by groups of lads in their twenties, but she is actually being made out to be in the wrong for trying to protect her property. It's okay to admit someone is a fucking scumbag, even if they do happen to play for your team you know. :)