Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

This.

You're not allowed to win an argument. Even when you win. She will always have the last laugh usually through the medium of tears, as you say.

see you need to be fly when it comes to arguing with a woman, what i find effective is when we are "discussing" trivial things (trivial to me anyway) i'll argue a bit on purpose just to start one, then allow her to win, back down, she thinks that she's fucking great, i couldnt care less as its a pointless matter, then when a REAL argument arrives and i go in full force bringing the full might of the male intellect to the argument, she is taken by surprise and the argument is over in my favour in a swift and decisive manner

now i just need to make sure she doesnt read this :lol:

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

My partner does some really annoying thing were she doesn't exist. Stupid bitch that she is.

That sounds pretty good actually.
Go for a living room w**k and then munch half a dozen biscuits and see what she does.

Not just with my other half, but I love my own company.  I'm working from home tomorrow, and whilst I'll still be busy, the thought of an entire day of not having to talk to anyone is fantastic.

I have been working for myself at home for the past eight years. When I meet up with my mates or the dads at the wee mans football training I'm a jibbering idiot.

We bought a new L shaped couch last year, she told everyone at the time how beautiful and perfect it was, I couldn't go near it, you'd think it was some priceless artefact. 'Don't eat near it', 'don't drink near it', 'don't sit on it when you come in from work'. I had to fight to get it normal couch rights. Now she's decided she wants a new one, I've said no as she's on half pay due to her being off work unwell since oct, and told her we should wait til next year, as there's f**k all wrong with it. Well, you'd now think that the couch was a group of buckfast drinking vagrant tramps sitting naked in our living room on a daily basis, she actively looks at it as though it was a big pile of steaming elephant dung as opposed to the lovely big couch that was fucking expensive enough when we bought it. Does my nut in.

One for me. 'Alright' or 'fine' usually covers it.

I dread asking her sometimes as I know I'm going to be subjected to a barrage of bullshit I really don't give a shit about.

Same here. Even though I couldn't care less about her day at work I've got into the habit of asking in order to avoid the lecture about how I don't take any interest in her life.

Becoming a grief junkie when anything bad happens in the world. We've been in since 6.30 tonight, and the telly's been on sky news from then up until now. Any suggestions of changing the channel have been met with "I just want to watch the news".

We bought a new L shaped couch last year, she told everyone at the time how beautiful and perfect it was, I couldn't go near it, you'd think it was some priceless artefact. 'Don't eat near it', 'don't drink near it', 'don't sit on it when you come in from work'. I had to fight to get it normal couch rights. Now she's decided she wants a new one, I've said no as she's on half pay due to her being off work unwell since oct, and told her we should wait til next year, as there's f**k all wrong with it. Well, you'd now think that the couch was a group of buckfast drinking vagrant tramps sitting naked in our living room on a daily basis, she actively looks at it as though it was a big pile of steaming elephant dung as opposed to the lovely big couch that was fucking expensive enough when we bought it. Does my nut in.

Get her tae f**k. What a fucking pathetic mewling moo machine!

3 hours ago, dave.j said:

Her latest favourite is claiming I spend too much time on my phone... usually 2 minutes after she's just put her phone down, after being on Facebook for half an hour.

Yup this one as well, best way around that is  make up something you supposedly said to her a few minutes before that she completely patched because she was on her phone, that usually clamps her

13 hours ago, itzdrk said:

It reads fine, I just couldn't myself fathom having a curfew as an adult.  

Married with kids, of course there's a fucking curfew? :lol: I tell her I may be a bit late before going for a few pints and then comes the "what time is late then?" to which I give her that look and reply "I don't know exactly, it's a birthday bash for Bob". Then comes the loaded question to which I have to think hard before responding "What time do you think you'll get home then?".

5 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

see you need to be fly when it comes to arguing with a woman, what i find effective is when we are "discussing" trivial things (trivial to me anyway) i'll argue a bit on purpose just to start one, then allow her to win, back down, she thinks that she's fucking great, i couldnt care less as its a pointless matter, then when a REAL argument arrives and i go in full force bringing the full might of the male intellect to the argument, she is taken by surprise and the argument is over in my favour in a swift and decisive manner

now i just need to make sure she doesnt read this :lol:

I'm sure your dinners haven't been tampered with after she has lost a debate come discussion really was an argument 54. :lol: