Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Anybody else ever been treated as a mind reader? you know there's something up with your partner but you are supposed to know without being told what the f**k is bothering her.

Usually starts off with them showing you that they are either pissed off or annoyed in ways only you can know. Mine does the crossword and taps the pen on the book frantically, breaths in heavy and let's it out with a groan, deliberately makes more noise than usual, they all have their ways to get your attention.

So you ask her "Is anything wrong?, are you upset about something?" then you get that look were she stops and stares at you like you are a fucking idiot and so you ask again more carefully this time by adding sweetheart or love in a loving tone. And then comes the bombshell you've been dreading along the lines of of "you know what you did or said". so you ask "what did you do or say" to upset her and then comes the next salvo that fucks your head right up because it is a loaded gun "what's the one thing I have told you not to do or say?" This fucks me up every fucking time time because there are endless things that women tell you not to do or say so you try to remember recently if you have and then stick your neck on the chopping block listing things that make it worse that might be the problem pissing her off more.

After a wee while you get to a point where she then gives you a cryptic clue to f**k you up even more like "last Friday" or a place and if you are really lucky both, and then she gets pissed off and then tells what the f**k is going on. My point being why all that fucking drama when she could have just came out with when this first bothered her instead of letting it fester away in her head for days, weeks even and in extreme cases months and years. :lol:

4 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Anybody else ever been treated as a mind reader? you know there's something up with your partner but you are supposed to know without being told what the f**k is bothering her.

Usually starts off with them showing you that they are either pissed off or annoyed in ways only you can know. Mine does the crossword and taps the pen on the book frantically, breaths in heavy and let's it out with a groan, deliberately makes more noise than usual, they all have their ways to get your attention.

So you ask her "Is anything wrong?, are you upset about something?" then you get that look were she stops and stares at you like you are a fucking idiot and so you ask again more carefully this time by adding sweetheart or love in a loving tone. And then comes the bombshell you've been dreading along the lines of of "you know what you did or said". so you ask "what did you do or say" to upset her and then comes the next salvo that fucks your head right up because it is a loaded gun "what's the one thing I have told you not to do or say?" This fucks me up every fucking time time because there are endless things that women tell you not to do or say so you try to remember recently if you have and then stick your neck on the chopping block listing things that make it worse that might be the problem pissing her off more.

After a wee while you get to a point where she then gives you a cryptic clue to f**k you up even more like "last Friday" or a place and if you are really lucky both, and then she gets pissed off and then tells what the f**k is going on. My point being why all that fucking drama when she could have just came out with when this first bothered her instead of letting it fester away in her head for days, weeks even and in extreme cases months and years. :lol:

I knew you were going to say that.

I'm wearing flip flops today.  When we were out in the car I took them off to drive in as I find it uncomfortable with them on.

My wife was incredulous that I would do this. She said it was disgusting. 

Infuriating things you do to your wife thread for this pish. 

I'm wearing flip flops today.  When we were out in the car I took them off to drive in as I find it uncomfortable with them on.

Sensible option. Flip flops and driving give me fear

I'm pretty sure it's an offence to drive bare foot.

It's funny how we look at things differently. I'm sure if mumsnet had this thread my missus would post the opposite to this in there but I'm going to call it out in this thread as her reaction infuriates me.

In my games room I've got leather recliners. Every night I sit down and slide the recliner out. At whatever time of the morning I decide to go to bed I generally just jump off the couch and leave the recliner open.

Every day she goes in (to a room that she doesn't need to go in/has no business going in) and pushes the recliner back in and will then either let out a loud enough sigh before muttering something under her breath, if I'm close enough to hear this, or mention it to me later when I get up "I see you left your recliner open again". It's such a daft thing but it really annoys me. Some nights when I get home from work and see its closed again I wish I could just put her neck in the mechanism and just continually slam the recliner closed until such times that she stops breathing.

Coming out with "That's what I'm saying", when it's not what she has been saying, because if it had been what she was saying we wouldn't be having this conversation...

Coming out with "That's what I'm saying", when it's not what she has been saying, because if it had been what she was saying we wouldn't be having this conversation...

My ex had a terrible habit of that. Used to boil my piss. That and saying something generally quite vague, me clarifying and her saying something like "don't be a p***k, that's what I said". No, it may have been what you meant or you think implied but you never said that so rather than continue in uncertainty I thought best to clarify and save a future argument when I've not read your fuckin mind.