Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

It's funny how we look at things differently. I'm sure if mumsnet had this thread my missus would post the opposite to this in there but I'm going to call it out in this thread as her reaction infuriates me.

In my games room I've got leather recliners. Every night I sit down and slide the recliner out. At whatever time of the morning I decide to go to bed I generally just jump off the couch and leave the recliner open.

Every day she goes in (to a room that she doesn't need to go in/has no business going in) and pushes the recliner back in and will then either let out a loud enough sigh before muttering something under her breath, if I'm close enough to hear this, or mention it to me later when I get up "I see you left your recliner open again". It's such a daft thing but it really annoys me. Some nights when I get home from work and see its closed again I wish I could just put her neck in the mechanism and just continually slam the recliner closed until such times that she stops breathing.

I inherited the nursing chair we got when wee man was born, it swivels, rocks and reclines. Fantastic addition to the games room. Also got the rocking swivelling footstool. Next to the old 50 inch the only thing missing is a beer fridge.
They get caught on the floor when you release the clutch.
And driving barefoot makes me feel like an Avant Garde F1 driver from the 50's 

Id go barefoot too. Flip flops are just not under full control at any time

Just been asked my opinion of a Facebook disagreement. (In her eyes). If they didn't agree with you they should just flick on past.

1. You can't tell the tone of a printed message.

2. So Facebook is just an ego trip as everyone is just going to say yes and you are brilliant.

3. They are on your friends list ffs. If you think it is really that bad, then get them to feck.

4. Does it really matter.

In my eyes it was a debate on differing opinions and tried to reason.

She has now left the room to watch TV elsewhere.

Note to self.

Answer was. Whit a bawbag of course you right love. [emoji173]️.

7 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

I wish I could just put her neck in the mechanism and just continually slam the recliner closed until such times that she stops breathing.

Ooh, don't do that, mate. You'll ruin the action.

14 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

It's funny how we look at things differently. I'm sure if mumsnet had this thread my missus would post the opposite to this in there but I'm going to call it out in this thread as her reaction infuriates me.

Some nights when I get home from work and see its closed again I wish I could just put her neck in the mechanism and just continually slam the recliner closed until such times that she stops breathing.

There's a danger that would damage the mechanism of a perfectly good recliner mate. Plus if you kill your cleaner, who's gonna clean the mess? Catch 22 there.

On 08/06/2017 at 10:50, Big Rider said:

My wife also spends 5 minutes at night before coming to bed checking in cupboards and under beds for, and I quote, "paedos, snakes and rats". The toilet lid has to be down presumably to prevent all 3 named hazards from coming up the lavvy.

:lol::lol:

Have you asked her what she will do if there is actually a paedo, snake and/or rat under the bed or in the cupboard?

Chairs! She can't get enough chairs. I have assorted chairs in every room. I have sofas. I have piles of the b*****ds in the garden. Folded up ones in most cupboards. She is like some chair gatherer. "I bought two lovely chairs on Gumtree." Of course you did ya crackpot, we will clearly need them in the event we host an event that is too big for the fucking Hydro. And lamps, don't get me started in lamps,my loft is full of the fuckers.

She waits until I'm taking a shit before shouting questions and orders.

Want a coffee?

Where's the remote? 

Remember to take the bin out

f**k right off, this is the only peace and quiet I get. Ive ignored your first 4 inane dribblings. Why are you still trying?

14 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Chairs! She can't get enough chairs. I have assorted chairs in every room. I have sofas. I have piles of the b*****ds in the garden. Folded up ones in most cupboards. She is like some chair gatherer. "I bought two lovely chairs on Gumtree." Of course you did ya crackpot, we will clearly need them in the event we host an event that is too big for the fucking Hydro. And lamps, don't get me started in lamps,my loft is full of the fuckers.

Well, you'll need good lighting when you're hosting the concerts too big for the hydro, hence the lamps. 

If she says it just like that then its clearly been a dream about getting pumped and is a preamble to getting pumped whilst awake (for a change??)

I cant believe you missed that

An absolute open goal and he's Brattback'd it. Or Iwelumo'd if you prefer.

Car toots horn outside.

Wife: Who's that?

Me: How the f*** am I to know, I haven't got eyes in the back of my head. (I don't actually say that, I sigh theatrically and twist round to glance out the window - taking care not to disturb the vertical blinds  "Don't touch the blinds, people will know you're looking!" - and then tell her "I don't know".)