Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

My brother is coming to stay for a few days. He is possibly the messiest person I've ever met. But you'd think the Queen was coming round given the state Mrs The Hunter is currently in, targing around cleaning obsessively.

Eta: She's lost the fucking plot. Just had a go at me for using the toilet.

Edited by Craig the Hunter

On 16/12/2021 at 21:02, Boghead ranter said:

Our dishwasher has been redundant for over a year, since we bought dinner plates that are too big to fit into it. 

Seething.

On 16/12/2021 at 22:15, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
On 16/12/2021 at 21:02, Boghead ranter said:
Our dishwasher has been redundant for over a year, since we bought dinner plates that are too big to fit into it. 
Seething.

Can you not adjust the top tray higher to make the plates fit? Apologies if you've tried that and just have giant sized plates.

Embarrassing things you didn’t know for this, I know.

Have had the dishwasher since I moved in here 11 years ago. New big plates arrived via the (ex) partner 8 years or so ago and the spinny skooshy thing hasn’t worked properly since.

I have only now discovered an adjustable top shelf in the thing. Mind. Blown. On Xmas eve too! 

Cheers @UsedToGoToCentralPark, PnB delivers once again!! 

Have had the dishwasher since I moved in here 11 years ago. New big plates arrived via the (ex) partner 8 years or so ago and the spinny skooshy thing hasn’t worked properly since.

I have only now discovered an adjustable top shelf in the thing. Mind. Blown. On Xmas eve too! 

Cheers [mention=26003]UsedToGoToCentralPark[/mention], PnB delivers once again!! 
It will probably go under appreciated (not by you) the difference P&B has just made in your life.

What a place. What. A. Place.

2 hours ago, alta-pete said:

I too have now figured out how to raise the upper tray, so even my humongous plates don't inhibit the spinny skoosher.

No more dishpan hands for me!

I echo the thanks to @UsedToGoToCentralPark, some man!

My brother is coming to stay for a few days. He is possibly the messiest person I've ever met. But you'd think the Queen was coming round given the state Mrs The Hunter is currently in, targing around cleaning obsessively.
Eta: She's lost the fucking plot. Just had a go at me for using the toilet.
Pish on the Christmas tree. That'll show her.

3 hours ago, alta-pete said:

That's far too technical for the likes of me

This is something my other half does that really annoys me and tonight I've found out it seems to be a trait from her mother: 

Puts sharp kitchen knives in a basin of hot soapy water "to steep" meaning if you haven't caught her doing this you'll put your own hand in and risk slicing your hand. But they don't think there's anything wrong with that or see what the danger is

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

This is something my other half does that really annoys me and tonight I've found out it seems to be a trait from her mother: 

Puts sharp kitchen knives in a basin of hot soapy water "to steep" meaning if you haven't caught her doing this you'll put your own hand in and risk slicing your hand. But they don't think there's anything wrong with that or see what the danger is

As a former restaurant worker I'm fucking livid reading this. Awful behaviour and genuinely dangerous. If it's a well sharpened knife you can do some serious damage.

42 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

The amount of things women do because their dippit fucking mothers do it is unreal.

But if a man does something because his mother did it, then that's wrong according to his other half.

Edited by Soapy FFC

Mother-in-law has a habit of agreeing with me which upsets the wife 😂😂😂 

Today's infuriating thing is that as a carer Mrs worked yesterday 07:00 - 20:30 (split shift with a rest period between 13:30 and 16:00) same today and again tomorrow. Sat up til around now (23:45) yesterday, came in at lunchtime today complaining about how tired she was and is again sat up farting around on her phone but complaining she's tired.

Go to bed woman!!!! 

Edited by mac.i