Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

14 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

TBH you could have stopped after the first sentence there. We go through this nonsense every time one of her pals is coming round, even if it's just for a quick cuppie. Does she think everyone's going to talk about her because the wetwall isn't sparkling? Or because the remnants of a particularly spectacular skidmark are still vaguely visible in the toilet bowl? 

I was with you until the last sentence.  Basic decency to use the toilet brush and clean the pan. 

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've dingies tickets for Del Amitri and Ed Sheeran that she gets through her work.

Amitri had a couple of good songs, only thing I know about Sheeran is his million £ watch collection.

On 15/06/2022 at 14:12, FK1Bairn said:

Mine's the same with the housework as I wfh 3 days a week. She thinks I've nothing better to do than washing, hoovering etc instead of working. Then on the days I do do some of these she moans about me having to work till later at night

They don’t live in the real world a lot of the time and the double standards are just what they think is acceptable. 

If you or I were giving them grief about housework they would be all over Mumsnet, being told we were misogynist, that it was emotional abuse and they should leave us. 

There is no way to get through to them though on these issues.

6 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Take it you were completely 'cold shouldered' when you left your last 'I finish at 4.45pm' job ?

His clock from Mappin and Webb is still lying in the box with his cheerio card on it. Presentation was planned for 10 to 5.

20 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Take it you were completely 'cold shouldered' when you left your last 'I finish at 4.45pm' job ?

I got a card, which was enough for me. I never expect or like getting any gifts when leaving a job. I've done my bit for an employer, they've given me a wage. That's enough for me.

A new phenomenon has developed in our house recently which appears to have caused her to lose the ability to wash/rinse cups and glasses, and instead leaves them lying in the sink half filled with water.

She had a cup of tea earlier, cup left in sink half filled with water. She then had a shandy while we were watching TV (on a school night too, I know, ffs) and I've just come back from walking the dog to find the glass in the sink, next to the mug, also half filled with water and she's fucked off up to bed. 

This has only started happening over the past couple of weeks, but I can't begin to explain the level to which it boils my piss, it's a 2 second job for fucks sake. At least rinse it and put it on the draining board ya lazy mare.

Went on a planned trip to IKEA today for a single specific item. Let her walk throught the whole route expecting the usual few utensils etc thrown in . Stop for a coffee before we head to the product pick up place . Walking to the checkouts she disappointedly hits me with " I thought we'd be in here for hours ." We'd literally been there for hours ( got in 5 mins before they opened at 10 and it was now quarter past 12) . I point this out plus the fact that we'd spent over £100 more than the expected quick pick up and she hits back with " yeah but I've been wanting a lamp for the living room since we moved in that we still haven't got and I wanted to get something for lunch when we were in the cafe ". At no point in the shop , including the ....... Lamp section ..... Did she mention this plus in the cafe I literally told her , " I want a coffee get anything you want " . 

33 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Conversation with the wife last night.

Wife: Do you know how much blood a woman loses during her period?

Me: Er, no.

Wife: About three tablespoons.

Me: esp-puke-puke.gif

Please say she told you this while you were in the middle of a bowl of tomato soup . 

55 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Conversation with the wife last night.

Wife: Do you know how much blood a woman loses during her period?

Me: Er, no.

Wife: About three tablespoons.

Me: esp-puke-puke.gif

Jesus, all that moaning over three tablespoons. I've had shites where I've lost more blood.

How on Earth did that come up anyway? Just a random comment to break a long silence?