Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Yesterday I was cooking ovens chips and she wanted some home made sweet potato fries. There wasn’t much space left in the oven so she put the sweet potato fries in the same baking tray as my oven chips and put oil over them and some of the oil got on my oven chips.

49 minutes ago, throbber said:

Yesterday I was cooking ovens chips and she wanted some home made sweet potato fries. There wasn’t much space left in the oven so she put the sweet potato fries in the same baking tray as my oven chips and put oil over them and some of the oil got on my oven chips.

Did you "drain" them on some kitchen roll?

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Following up on this short conversation.  Well, he got an offer* from King's College at the end of last week but wants to turn it down as 1. He wants to take a gap year and 2. He prefers Manchester or Durham.

His maw (back on topic) is doing her fucking dinger and blaming me (very much on topic) - declaiming that my iconoclasticism is ruining my son's future.  For me?  I'm not sure if I should berate him for giving up a gilt-edged entry card to The Establishment or congratulate him on top trolling of his auld dear.

Edit.  * Offer is conditional in him achieving A*AA in his A Levels, naturally.

Obviously a bright lad, you must be very proud of him. :)

4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Following up on this short conversation.  Well, he got an offer* from King's College at the end of last week but wants to turn it down as 1. He wants to take a gap year and 2. He prefers Manchester or Durham.

'Mon the Junior Kinky.........:1eye

*(Greenied the original post for use of 'iconoclasticism' - outstanding use of Haunted Pussy's English....)

13 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

He's a lazy b*****d.  Bright enough and I'll be proud when he beats me at draughts...the board game of champions ;)

Not like my dad, then, who threw a strop. I was about 10, mind.

Ran a half full dishwasher last night before we’d made dinner.

Then expected me to do all the washing up.
Have to say nothing causes more arguments between my wife and me, than the dishwasher and how it's loaded

20 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

This is turning into a regular exchange:

Wife: Honey?

Me (in a different room): Yes?

Silence

Me, a bit louder: Yes?

Silence

Me, louder still: Yes?

Silence

Me, voice quite raised now: Yes?

Silence

Me: *eyes turn black, ground begins to shake, flocks of birds take off in alarm*: YES?

Wife: No need to shout

Your wife calling you 'Honey' is ample reason to be posting in here tbh.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Ah, women's never-ending assumption that you can hear perfectly well through 6 walls. 

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

I can hear her fine though, the infuriating bit is she can't hear my reply

I normally take the kid to school in the morning and each morning, as we're about to leave, child and mother decide to start asking each other stuff they've had the previous hour to sort out. Kid half way out the door, Mrs upstairs, neither can hear the other. "whaaat?" "ayyy?" "whaaat?" "ehhh?". I'm going to bash their fucking brains in one day. 

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

I can hear her fine though, the infuriating bit is she can't hear my reply

She's probably remaining silent so you have to get up and come to see what she wants. Then she can say "Oh, while you're on your feet..."

I just ignore mine unless her cries sounds like she's actually in pain or something.

We have a wee laundry room that doubles as a pantry. It's also where the cupboard containing the furnace heater is. When the washing machine, dryer and furnace are all running, the decibel volume is something approaching jet engine level. I can't remember the last time I set foot in there without the light of my life attempting to start a conversation from 2 walls away.

Edited by Shotgun

Just now, Cerberus said:

I sometimes try a few new moves during sex to keep things interesting and she doesn’t appreciate them.

That's because either

a) She's wondering who taught you them.

b) She doesn't share your deviant impulses.

I'm going with b.

Guest bernardblack
This is turning into a regular exchange:

Wife: Honey?
Me (in a different room): Yes?
Silence
Me, a bit louder: Yes?
Silence
Me, louder still: Yes?
Silence
Me, voice quite raised now: Yes?
Silence
Me: *eyes turn black, ground begins to shake, flocks of birds take off in alarm*: YES?
Wife: No need to shout

100% yes....minus the term “honey”