Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Tbf you don't need to hear football.

True, it was an example. But football without sound is pish to watch. Plus if it’s not on the phone, it’s playing videos with the sound on via Instagram when we’re watching something together!

Heaven forbid I ever put a video on whilst she’s on the phone though [emoji23]

True, it was an example. But football without sound is pish to watch. Plus if it’s not on the phone, it’s playing videos with the sound on via Instagram when we’re watching something together!

Heaven forbid I ever put a video on whilst she’s on the phone though [emoji23]

My other half does it...she's lucky I've not launched her phone into the burn behind our house.

She's also obsessed with Instagram literally the first thing she does when her alarm goes off in the morning. Absolutely boils my piss that one, especially when she gives out to me for watching sport!

Actually, on sport...she hates football, and any time I'm in the living room watching a game on the big telly she will grab the remote and turn it over to some pish American series she's binge watching (we've had gilmour girls, dawson's creek, greys anatomy..). We have a spare room a decent telly she could go watch it in!

Thank christ she's still at work while I work from home or there would be scraps.

Lockdown is going well...

Back at work and knocking my pan in, she is currently on furlough, come home tonight she has done fuckall housework despite saying she would get everything done today. Hasn't stopped her sitting outside talking to the neighbours all afternoon however... 

I'd be picking someone up and ejecting them from the room if they received a phonecall and didn't leave while interrupting what I was doing.
You are an idealist. I admire that.

I also get my hole though....

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:
31 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
Unusually I went to bed first last night. She stayed up to watch a film. There's 3 cups and 2 plates been used in the two hours she stayed up.

Maybe she had someone round whilst you were in bed?

Probable one of the local pot clattering, happy clappers.

41 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Unusually I went to bed first last night. She stayed up to watch a film. There's 3 cups and 2 plates been used in the two hours she stayed up.

That’s normal, when I stagger to bed first, I can hear her sigh of relief, the music goes up and the gin, cheese and biscuits get brought out. 

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

I hope it isn't deliberate but I've noticed a real trend recently of 'ah I see you're carrying something heavy/desperate for a shite/holding a boiling hot roasting tin with a dishcloth. This is the perfect time to begin a rambling story.'

I'm getting more impatient as I get older. Anyone who does this gets one, "I need to put this down/take a shite", then I walk away if they don't STFU.

Haven't noticed any repercussions yet. Fingers crossed.

5 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

I hope it isn't deliberate but I've noticed a real trend recently of 'ah I see you're carrying something heavy/desperate for a shite/holding a boiling hot roasting tin with a dishcloth. This is the perfect time to begin a rambling story.'

I usually get that when I'm about to leave the house. Standing at the door with my coat on, the dog's lead in my hand and the dug bouncing up and down with excitement and that's when she decides to recount some tedious and apparently endless anecdote.

8 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

This is so familiar. Mother in law had this down to a fine art. As soon as you'd say it was time to go, she'd launch into another long story, like Ronnie Corbett's stories only not so funny. Used to think it was quite endearing but, bloody hell, it's genetic. Now Mrs SL does a fine impression of her maw. Always when I'm in the middle of something or just wanting peace to read. And as if by magic, there she is, "put the kettle on". FFS.

She has a bad bout of toothache, and I do have some sympathy for her, but she has done fuckall around the house while I've been grafting away at work all day,  and the toothache has been used as the excuse. Had a very long silence earlier when I said that toothache doesn't affect her arms... 

2 minutes ago, mathematics said:

There’s nothing in the bread bin.

CA75373E-6487-46CE-83C9-ADCAD8C541FF.jpeg

My ex used to take pasta out of a perfectly acceptable storage unit (the packet it comes in) and put it into a plastic tupperware type tub. She'd then buy new pasta and top it up. It wasn't even the same pasta she'd put on top of the other. I pointed out numerous times we'd just end up with foosty pasta never getting used at the bottom and it was all just a pointless exercise but apparently it took up less space. 

The tupperware thing was like double the size of the bags of pasta. 

Cow. 

1 minute ago, Dele said:

My ex used to take pasta out of a perfectly acceptable storage unit (the packet it comes in) and put it into a plastic tupperware type tub. She'd then buy new pasta and top it up. It wasn't even the same pasta she'd put on top of the other. I pointed out numerous times we'd just end up with foosty pasta never getting used at the bottom and it was all just a pointless exercise but apparently it took up less space. 

The tupperware thing was like double the size of the bags of pasta. 

Cow. 

Aye, but, tupperware is great.

41 minutes ago, philpy said:

She has a bad bout of toothache, and I do have some sympathy for her, but she has done fuckall around the house while I've been grafting away at work all day,  and the toothache has been used as the excuse. Had a very long silence earlier when I said that toothache doesn't affect her arms... 

Ooooooooh you went there.

Had a few of these moments with the old ball and chain myself. 

Always comes back to bite you in the arse.

On 16/05/2020 at 10:05, Sergeant Wilson said:

Did you get shit for not washing them?