Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

9 minutes ago, Torpar said:

I asked periodically last month what she would like for Christmas, I don't know she says, nothing really, let me think about it.

Asked her again last night - "Oh you didn't get the hints I was dropping?" Clearly not, can you not just tell me straight out what you want?

So at the moment it looks like she is getting 'nothing really' for Christmas

I'm so glad my wife doesn't bother with hints anymore. Last week she handed me a box and said "that's for my Christmas, thanks". Sorted.

4 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Fair play to Mrs BB she’s very organised at Christmas etc.

But....

“Help me with some gift ideas for my brother”

“Okay what about...[i suggest 5/6 things all to be met with a no]”

“Ah you’re no help”

Should've suggested this...

https://www.redbubble.com/i/t-shirt/THE-NONCE-FACE-by-Offensivefab/43282475.NL9AC

Screenshot_20201201-225628_Chrome.jpg

What is it with women and hints. Ive asked mine before what the actual hints she dropped were after thinking I'd played a blinder with her presents only to be told I was miles off and "what made you think I'd want that? "
"well remember that time we were in a shop you looked at that and said 'I'd really like that'"
"oh yeah, that wasn't really a hint tho"

Meanwhile every year if there's anything I'd like I spell it out specifically, exact item, exact place she can get it and guaranteed I'm not going to get it. Usually with the whole " I wasn't sure what to get you, you're rubbish at dropping hints". This has even been after I've been about to buy something in October mentioning this thing I really want is on a great deal I'm going to buy it, for her to jump in "no, don't buy that just now, just wait you never know what you'll get for Christmas".

Not f*cking that anyway.

Decided just to suck it up and tell her I picked up on none of the hints she dropped, mostly because we have a 3 month old daughter and I've been in a bit of sleepless haze recently. Of course her first answer was "well what do you think I would like?" But thankfully I now have some ideas.

Now I've gone full dad mode and asked for just a winter hat that costs around $30, which I think my sister in law is going to buy for me and a set of boot socks which cost around $14, so I was hoping my wife would have similar ideas.  One of the things my wife has asked for is Dr Jart face cream which is a cool $65.... I love Christmas!

I am working from home. I do not like it. Distractions are plentiful and progress is glacial slow, and I know this, work know this, work know I know this, and I know work know this, thus I don't need any fucking diversions or people phoning me with bullshit busywork.

Herself phones five minutes ago - I saw your uncle in the hospital, he's doing well. Wants something to read. What will I get him?
Me (busy) - Good to hear. A paper. Press and Journal
Her - that all?
Me - that's all he'll want. I have to go, I'm bus...
Her - but what does he read? A red top?
Me - A PandJ will do. 
Her - I could get him a magazine. What does he like? 
Me - planes. That's what he likes
Her - World Soccer? The shop has running magazines. 
Her - Model Railway one, that could be useful do you think? Or Good Housekeeping?
Me - (No longer listening at this point) . 

This goes on for literally minutes while I sit imagining people in the shop wondering why some div is patrolling the magazine aisle reading the names of every publication down the phone.

There will be another incident of something similar before the end of the day.

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

On hints, I have become terrified of accidentally doing this. I've had a few Christmases and birthdays where in April or something I'll have said "I have a somewhat positive opinion about swans", instantly forgotten about it and then come Christmas day I'll open a parcel that's 3 books about swans, a jumper with swans on it and a CD of calls of the world's swans plus a sponsored swan in a swan sanctuary in Azerbaijan.

^^^The Queen found. 

Spoiler

Tidied up your spelling/grammer your majesty. You're welcome.

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

On hints I have become terrified of accidentally doing this. I've had a few christmases and birthdays where in April or something I'll have said "I have a somewhat positive opinion about swans", instantly forgotten about it and then come Christmas day I'll open a parcel that's 3 books about swans and a jumper with swans on it and a CD of calls of the world's swans plus a sponsored swan in a swan sancuary in Azerbaijan.

It's your own fault for communicating. Best kept to a minimum, no good ever came of it.

4 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:
I am working from home. I do not like it. Distractions are plentiful and progress is glacial slow, and I know this, work know this, work know I know this, and I know work know this, thus I don't need any fucking diversions or people phoning me with bullshit busywork.
Herself phones five minutes ago - I saw your uncle in the hospital, he's doing well. Wants something to read. What will I get him?
Me (busy) - Good to hear. A paper. Press and Journal
Her - that all?
Me - that's all he'll want. I have to go, I'm bus...
Her - but what does he read? A red top?
Me - A PandJ will do. 
Her - I could get him a magazine. What does he like? 
Her - World Soccer? The shop has running magazines. 
Her - Model Railway one, that could be useful do you think? Or Good Housekeeping?
Me - (No longer listening at this point) . 
This goes on for literally minutes while I sit imagining people in the shop wondering why some div is patrolling the magazine aisle reading the names of every publication down the phone.
There will be another incident of something similar before the end of the day.

Jimmy, I take it you were Rohypnolled and when you came to, two enormous blokes welding baseball bats said "Good man, Jim, oor Senga is delighted to accept your marriage proposal......"

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

17 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
^^^The Queen found. 
Spoiler
  Reveal hidden contents

Tidied up your spelling/grammer your majesty. You're welcome.

You tidied up the spelling / grammer?

Apologies. I meant speling.

4 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

On hints I have become terrified of accidentally doing this. I've had a few christmases and birthdays where in April or something I'll have said "I have a somewhat positive opinion about swans", instantly forgotten about it and then come Christmas day I'll open a parcel that's 3 books about swans and a jumper with swans on it and a CD of calls of the world's swans plus a sponsored swan in a swan sancuary in Azerbaijan.

Stole straight out a Rhod Gilbert set I think