Fkn this.

Getting new kitchen blinds:
Me - what about the orange ones?
Her - nah

Later:
Her Da - that orange is nice
Her - think we’ll get the orange ones

^^^ Big team found

On the subject of opinions being ignored...

Her: I think was thinking of completing *mundane task* X way, what do you think?

Me: I don't care

Her: What do you think though??

Me: If I have to have an opinion, Y is clearly the quickest and easiest way to do it, but it doesn't matter

Her: *stares blankly at me*

Me: But X way will accomplish the task

Her: Ok I'll do it X way then

She's been getting very good at shouting through the house recently. 

Incredible that I can hear her, but she can't hear my replies. 

Well, it was, now it makes sense as I don't reply

Fkn this.

Getting new kitchen blinds:
Me - what about the orange ones?
Her - nah

Later:
Her Da - that orange is nice
Her - think we’ll get the orange ones
Get this all the time. As well as her taking any old shite off her mum and dad as well. I wouldn't mind that much but if I was to buy the stuff she takes off them she would no doubt hate it.

They had a clear out the other week and brought round bags worth of stuff from her time at school.

Me: Why did you keep all this shite and not just bin it?

Her mum: Because it's nice to keep her old school work to look back.

Me: But you aren't keeping it, you're decluttering your house by cluttering mine with this garbage!

Thankfully my Mrs has appeared to have chucked most it out.

1 hour ago, deej said:

On the subject of opinions being ignored...

Her: I think was thinking of completing *mundane task* X way, what do you think?

Me: I don't care

Her: What do you think though??

Me: If I have to have an opinion, Y is clearly the quickest and easiest way to do it, but it doesn't matter

Her: *stares blankly at me*

Me: But X way will accomplish the task

Her: Ok I'll do it X way then

I can help with this one. 
They’re not looking for your opinion, they just want you to validate their opinion. 
If they’re doing the work then, unless their proposal is ridiculous, just agree with them. 

13 minutes ago, Funky Nosejob said:

I can help with this one. 
They’re not looking for your opinion, they just want you to validate their opinion. 
If they’re doing the work then, unless their proposal is ridiculous, just agree with them. 

Which leads to her suggesting something, me agreeing, and her then continuing to justify why she's doing it.. I've already agreed, crack on and leave me in peace

Has anyone ever yet broken The Cleaning Paradox? 

You know, she wants you to clean and moans when you dont, but also thinks that when you do it's not to a sufficient standard and moans then too. 

I deal with this by not cleaning, using the rationale that if I'm going to be moaned at regardless it's better to have my feet up. 

Perhaps the chaps with longer service have developed a better solution? 

2 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

You know, she wants you to clean and moans when you dont, but also thinks that when you do it's not to a sufficient standard and moans then too. 

I deal with this by not cleaning, using the rationale that if I'm going to be moaned at regardless it's better to have my feet up. 

You have arrived at the optimum solution. 

2 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

I deliberately use the method of being so god awful at everything to the degree that I don't even get asked anymore. My only exception to this is the kitchen which I guard jealously and spend hours cleaning, amazingly enough I get away with this obvious inconsistency.

This, I have taken to ignoring it and saying oh were you shouting me.
Does yours also do that quiet talk facing away from you and expecting you to hear her? That's a classic for my wife.

2 hours ago, deej said:

Mine likes to conversate from the kitchen when the spin cycle and extractor are going. 

Those split boys and girls PSE classes, at13-14 where we all thought they were learning about periods: that's where they learned this stuff + how to win an argument without facts or logic. 

3 hours ago, CountyFan said:

If you make a big enough mess of it you won't be asked/told to do it again.

ETA: See Perkin Flump's reply.

Edited by Jacksgranda

3 hours ago, weirdcal said:

This, I have taken to ignoring it and saying oh were you shouting me.
Does yours also do that quiet talk facing away from you and expecting you to hear her? That's a classic for my wife.

Yes. Usually something "important" while the non important stuff is imparted in a voice that would be heard at the bottom of the road.

Wants to set the fire herself (no harm in that I rightly hear you say), but repeatedly does so in her own weird way which doesn't work (just as I say would happen) and results in a dead fire (which I then end up refilling and relighting 15 mins later).  Just a waste of kindling and firelighters. 

Thing is, every now and then she'll jammily get a fire from it and then say "see, that style works fine". 

Fails to grasp anything her parents say or do could be wrong.

Her: “my dad says .................”
Me: “that’s a load of shite”
Her: “why would my dad lie to me”
Me: “I’m not saying he’s lying, I’m saying he’s wrong”
Her: “well maybe you’re wrong”
Me: Google’s whatever random shite she’s talking about, show her the evidence that her dad is indeed wrong.
Her “why do you have to be such a dick”

Her mum could suggest clubbing baby penguins to death, and she’d all of a sudden think it’s a great idea.

As long as the first thing she smells coming in the front door is bleach and the hall is clear of any kind of clutter then it's amazing what you can get away with. Has the same kind of effect as that silly little smoke pump that beekeepers use when they go in to steal the bees honey.

Mine does this. Says something she believes to be correct. I disagree. This goes on a wee while. I go and find the information that proves I'm right. She comes out with "you always have to be right". Well yes, because I am right!

Fails to grasp anything her parents say or do could be wrong.

Her: “my dad says .................”
Me: “that’s a load of shite”
Her: “why would my dad lie to me”
Me: “I’m not saying he’s lying, I’m saying he’s wrong”
Her: “well maybe you’re wrong”
Me: Google’s whatever random shite she’s talking about, show her the evidence that her dad is indeed wrong.
Her “why do you have to be such a dick”

Her mum could suggest clubbing baby penguins to death, and she’d all of a sudden think it’s a great idea.

24 minutes ago, BC17 said:

Mine does this. Says something she believes to be correct. I disagree. This goes on a wee while. I go and find the information that proves I'm right. She comes out with "you always have to be right". Well yes, because I am right!

My one, somewhat bizarrely often responds to these scenarios with "why do you have to split hairs?"

U wot??