Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Presents for teachers is something I’ve never understood at all, the school told us the bairns couldn’t give each other Xmas cards despite spending 30 hours a week together for the last few months but if we wanted to can give gifts to the teachers 3 days before the term ends to allow the presents to be “quarantined”

Good logic.

5 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

I know times are difficult and people are struggling. To differing degrees. But FFS, going to the supermarket is not a fucking day out. 

My line in the sand is garden centres.

She suggests going to them when we don't need anything, just for a look, maybe a coffee.

Will I fück, unless actually need something. Garden centres are not a destination.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

41 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

My line in the same is garden centres.

She suggests going to them when we don't need anything, just for a look, maybe a coffee.

Will I fück, unless actually need something. Garden centres are not a destination.

Stockbridge (in Edinburgh) now has a mini Dobbies in a modern little row of shops (the kind that usually have a Starbucks and general expensive tat. You should take Mrs Wilson for a day trip to visit it. 

1 minute ago, Shandön Par said:

Stockbridge (in Edinburgh) now has a mini Dobbies in a modern little row of shops (the kind that usually have a Starbucks and general expensive tat. You should take Mrs Wilson for a day trip to visit it. 

It's cafe sells Hotel Chocolat stuff to blend in so if the Sarge is visiting he'll need to remortgage

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

My line in the sand is garden centres.

Kinda related to this, my gf will frequently go to Home Bargains and I will inevitably ask "why, what do we need?" 

She genuinely says "Home Bargains tells you what you need when you get there". 

Absolutely baffling. When I question this madness it is apparently normal for women to think like this. 

ETA she was in Stirling today and she has just told me she bought more than she needed in Lush "because the shop assistant said she liked my hair".   

Edited by CountyFan

13 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Kinda related to this, my gf will frequently go to Home Bargains and I will inevitably ask "why, what do we need?" 

Absolutely baffling. When I question this madness it is apparently normal for women to think like this. 

ETA she was in Stirling today and she has just told me she bought more than she needed in Lush "because the shop assistant said she liked my hair".   

My wife has said similar about home bargains/B&M to me. It is indeed madness, money pissed up the wall on tat, generally.

1 hour ago, CountyFan said:

How can a shop tell you what you need?

15 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

I know times are difficult and people are struggling. To differing degrees. But FFS, going to the supermarket is not a fucking day out. 

It is for me - that's what my life has become so I expect sympathy rather than mockery!

8 hours ago, CountyFan said:

This has cheered me up massively. She's not wrong about Home Bargains, tbf. I went in with my pal last Friday as she was wanting a candle and I myself spent £14 on stuff. Not stuff that I need but stuff I know I would have bought later on that week, costing more. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

9 hours ago, CountyFan said:

similar to shop owners/assistants giving yer dug biscuits tin an attempt to make you feel compelled to buy something. 

Lush are good at that. My one went in for shampoo once and came out with a twenty quid tub of hand cream, based on about 20 seconds of OTT niceness from the lassie behind the counter.

Home bargains is my noodle supplier of choice. Koka spicy stir fry, tom yam or massalla flavours especially. They've only had beef or curry for about a month though, the p***ks. 

Also quite happy to buy their imported "brand name" toothpastes for 75p instead of the £3 equivalent from shops that are in cahoots with the big suppliers. If it's good enough for the Botswanans then it's good enough for me. 

I draw the line at the unsuccessful trial confectionery that you never see elsewhere, lime kit kats and the like.