Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

"kettlegate" continues - took her up to asda (sat in the car - I'm no granny danger or pozbaird). She comes out with the stuff we needed - and a fucking kettle. "This one is nicer, I'll just send the other one back to Amazon tomorrow". 😒🙄

58 minutes ago, philpy said:

"kettlegate" continues - took her up to asda (sat in the car - I'm no granny danger or pozbaird). She comes out with the stuff we needed - and a fucking kettle. "This one is nicer, I'll just send the other one back to Amazon tomorrow". 😒🙄

Pish in her kettle, weigh down the boil switch, then head for Canada.

22 hours ago, BFTD said:

TV: "Inspector, you won't believe this! We've just got the CCTV footage back from the petrol station, and it wasn't the husband who was driving the car, but..."
Wife: "oh, did you pick up that thing I asked you to get after work?"
Me: (mumbled) "Jesus suffering f**k".
Wife: "Why are you rewinding?"

Every fucking time, like clockwork.

I get this anaw.

Every suspenseful moment I can guarantee she will have to mention her maw, her brother, her work or a text I sent 10 hours ago.

I get this anaw.
Every suspenseful moment I can guarantee she will have to mention her maw, her brother, her work or a text I sent 10 hours ago.

Mines is bad for voicenoting her work or friends group chat about what we’re watching.

19 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I'm going to show my age here - what's a voicenote and when/why would you use one? Asking for an old fuddy-duddy friend.

in a text conversation (on whatsapp for example) there is an option to record you talking and send it.

It's fucking stupid.
In a group chat it largely goes ignored. If you are doing it in a one on one chat then that's even worse. Just phone them. 

Fitting the new dishwasher today so had the drain hose off the sink. Leave the room for 10 seconds and she had run the tap to get a glass of water. Water luckily didn’t pish everywhere as it was caught by the new bag of dishwasher tabs underneath the sink, which are now a gloopy mess. 

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

in a text conversation (on whatsapp for example) there is an option to record you talking and send it.

It's fucking stupid.
In a group chat it largely goes ignored. If you are doing it in a one on one chat then that's even worse. Just phone them. 

Is it received in your own voice or like Stephen Hawking? 

Fitting the new dishwasher today so had the drain hose off the sink. Leave the room for 10 seconds and she had run the tap to get a glass of water. Water luckily didn’t pish everywhere as it was caught by the new bag of dishwasher tabs underneath the sink, which are now a gloopy mess. 
So you just assumed that it was safe to leave a dismantled trap in the vicinity of a partner who was unaware there were 'men at work'.?
A hahaha hahaha.......... (BTW, been there, done that..)

The obvious question is had you told her you were doing something and she couldn't use the tap?

It's fucking stupid.
Cheers. I think I've seen my daughter using it but she's young and farting about.
I do wonder why there seems such a reluctance to use a phone to actually phone someone. My wife will spend a whole evening exchanging messages with a friend and getting more annoyed trying to work out hidden meanings and subtexts in the replies (which may or not exist). Just phone her and speak to her!

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

It's fucking stupid.

That's mental, and would surely out somebody as OFTW in any group chat situation.

Be like sending someone a WAV file of your message over email.

47 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The obvious question is had you told her you were doing something and she couldn't use the tap?

She was with me in the room and was watching me dismantle the plumbing under the sink. Admittedly I didn’t explicitly say not to use the sink after that, but my assumption would be it would be common sense to avoid it or at least ask if it is okay to use.

14 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

She was with me in the room and was watching me dismantle the plumbing under the sink. Admittedly I didn’t explicitly say not to use the sink after that, but my assumption would be it would be common sense to avoid it or at least ask if it is okay to use.

There is your first mistake.