Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Today is bin day.  Two things -

1) The wife hears the dugs barking which is a clue the bin lorry is near.  She panics saying "They're early again."  Yep, same as the last 4 or 5 weeks at least she's said that.  At what point will she accept they've changed their schedule?

2) I grabbed the toilet bin and she grabbed the kitchen ones and proceeded to tip them into a bigger bag - fair enough.  However, she (maybe me) spilt some stuff on the floor.  She proceeded to get the brush and pan to sweep up there and then instead of doing it after she'd dumped the bag in the big bin and nearly missed the lorry.  

In general she has zero prioritisation skills and everything is done to a fixed schedule regardless.  Being a Filipina she also has no concept of total time, only including the main parts of an activity i.e. it takes 30 minutes to go by bus to the local shopping centre.  So she leaves 30 minutes before and makes no allowance for the 10+ minutes it takes to get to the bus stop.  

8 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Today is bin day.  Two things -

1) The wife hears the dugs barking which is a clue the bin lorry is near.  She panics saying "They're early again."  Yep, same as the last 4 or 5 weeks at least she's said that.  At what point will she accept they've changed their schedule?

2) I grabbed the toilet bin and she grabbed the kitchen ones and proceeded to tip them into a bigger bag - fair enough.  However, she (maybe me) spilt some stuff on the floor.  She proceeded to get the brush and pan to sweep up there and then instead of doing it after she'd dumped the bag in the big bin and nearly missed the lorry.  

In general she has zero prioritisation skills and everything is done to a fixed schedule regardless.  Being a Filipina she also has no concept of total time, only including the main parts of an activity i.e. it takes 30 minutes to go by bus to the local shopping centre.  So she leaves 30 minutes before and makes no allowance for the 10+ minutes it takes to get to the bus stop.  

Why don’t you take the rubbish out the night before?

On 20/01/2023 at 13:42, 'WellDel said:

Why not avoid the glove/mitt confusion altogether and just use a folded dish towel? Special oven hand garments are for middle class Tories.

Correct, oven gloves are shite.

We got an Air Fryer delivered today while I was wfh and she was at work. I done the gentlemanly thing of leaving it unopened until she got home since she's the one who's wanted one for ages and is the one who ordered it. 

She dropped it after opening it and needless to say its broken. 

12 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

We got an Air Fryer delivered today while I was wfh and she was at work. I done the gentlemanly thing of leaving it unopened until she got home since she's the one who's wanted one for ages and is the one who ordered it. 

I presume you have already emailed the company you bought it from telling them it has arrived damaged ? 😂

9 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

Shame, air fryers are brilliant…with one annoyance. The circulation pours plenty hot air out the vent, and at a volume that diffuses the smoke enough that you can’t see it, but the smoke detector certainly can. Does an excellent of making a crispy “fried” chicken with nearly no oil, just watch the breading doesn’t burn…can also do a mean chicken parm.

16 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

In Lidl earlier. I pick up tomatoes and fling them in the basket, wait she says these ones are ten pence cheaper. I ask her how's she's going to spend her 10p and I'm met with silence from then until we get home.

Best purchase ever, assume you'll be sticking to buying those every week?

She wanted to go to B&Q for wallpaper but apparently didn’t want to just ask. Instead she made a big show about going on the bus, including asking my opinion about whether she should take a carrier bag on the bus to carry her wallpaper in on the bus. Before loudly announcing she was leaving to get the bus. She came back with some bs story about how some nice men helped her on the bus. Idiot.

17 minutes ago, coprolite said:

She wanted to go to B&Q for wallpaper but apparently didn’t want to just ask. Instead she made a big show about going on the bus, including asking my opinion about whether she should take a carrier bag on the bus to carry her wallpaper in on the bus. Before loudly announcing she was leaving to get the bus. She came back with some bs story about how some nice men helped her on the bus. Idiot.

“Helped”