Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

9 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Last night the wind was blowing an absolute hoolie.   We went to bed at the usual time, but with the racket coming from outside there was no way we were getting to sleep.  (Wait for it, wait for it....)

After about an hour, Mrs Salt and Vinegar says that there's no way she's going to get to sleep......

..,.and says "I'm off downstairs to make a cup of tea."

Women!

And didn't even offer you one?

36 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I never get warm toast. 

Opposite gripe for me . If we have a loaf that's slightly too big for the toaster I put up with having slightly squashed ends but all done in one toasting . She insists on putting it in so that a third of it sticks out the top then turning it upside down to toast the other end which always results in the middle being completely burnt to a crisp. Every. Single . Time.  

I often get moaned at for not doing enough of specific bits of housework; ironing being one. Came out of the shower and the jeans I wanted were unironed so I turned on the iron and ironed about a half dozen kids blouses off the clothes horse and a couple of jumpers while I had the board out. Wife comes in and snarls “I ironed earlier in the week!”, slams door, stomps downstairs. I’ll know better next time. No more ironing for me!

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I often get moaned at for not doing enough of specific bits of housework; ironing being one. Came out of the shower and the jeans I wanted were unironed so I turned on the iron and ironed about a half dozen kids blouses off the clothes horse and a couple of jumpers while I had the board out. Wife comes in and snarls “I ironed earlier in the week!”, slams door, stomps downstairs. I’ll know better next time. No more ironing for me!

Who irons jeans? Apart from you obviously.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Who irons jeans? Apart from you obviously.

I’m not holding myself out as some sort of expert here, very much an enthusiastic amateur at basic level, but they looked like they’d been in a bin bag so i thought I’d make them flatter.

Just now, coprolite said:

I’m not holding myself out as some sort of expert here, very much an enthusiastic amateur at basic level, but they looked like they’d been in a bin bag so i thought I’d make them flatter.

Five minutes on and the pub heat of your body works wonders. Smart shirts are the only things I iron since covid.

24 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Opposite gripe for me . If we have a loaf that's slightly too big for the toaster I put up with having slightly squashed ends but all done in one toasting . She insists on putting it in so that a third of it sticks out the top then turning it upside down to toast the other end which always results in the middle being completely burnt to a crisp. Every. Single . Time.  

Couldn’t you just cut the bread in half and use two slots? 

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Do the manly thing, while the lower 2/3’s are toasting away happily within the unit, apply this to the rest:

IMG_0719.jpeg.be69190ef4a9dae0e5f187f11a33dd57.jpeg

Won’t take long.

I thought my blowtorch was adequate , but it’s only about five inches. Good deal more girth to mines though.

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

I thought my blowtorch was adequate , but it’s only about five inches. Good deal more girth to mines though.

Unless you're still 20, it won't cut steel thou.