Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

We went out to pick up takeaway pizza on Friday night. I choose one off the menu, she decides to take advantage of their "build your own" and asks for a Ham & Pineapple.

I've long known she is a pineapple deviant, but I put up with it because she does have some other redeeming qualities. 

Then we get back to mine, sit down with the food, and she pipes up "do you have any ketchup?"

And yes, she meant for the pizza. No chips on the go.

Pineapple on a pizza? To make up for that, congratulations for marrying a nymphomaniac whose father owns a distillery and/or a brewery!

• 2 weeks later...

My wife has been nipping my head because the new and final season of Young Sheldon is out but only in the US like I'm somehow in charge of scheduling. I needed some peace so I downloaded an app so she could watch it and she got me to search (she can't work the app) for The Conners which is a Rosanne spin off and the latest season of Mamma June reality show. So she's buzzing and watched loads of Young Sheldon. I got home from work last night and she's no happy because it's not working. So I check and other things are working just not Young Sheldon so I investigate further and the episode she's trying to watch aired in the US like an hour previous (again I believe this was my fault) 

On top of this she won't let me show her how to fix it if it doesn't work because she just doesn't understand technical things and I now have to watch some God awful TV. Really, Mamma June is horrendous. 

12 hours ago, stimpy said:

My wife has been nipping my head because the new and final season of Young Sheldon is out but only in the US like I'm somehow in charge of scheduling. I needed some peace so I downloaded an app so she could watch it and she got me to search (she can't work the app) for The Conners which is a Rosanne spin off and the latest season of Mamma June reality show. So she's buzzing and watched loads of Young Sheldon. I got home from work last night and she's no happy because it's not working. So I check and other things are working just not Young Sheldon so I investigate further and the episode she's trying to watch aired in the US like an hour previous (again I believe this was my fault) 

On top of this she won't let me show her how to fix it if it doesn't work because she just doesn't understand technical things and I now have to watch some God awful TV. Really, Mamma June is horrendous. 

Were you forced at gunpoint / threatened with emasculation before marrying this woman ?

On 27/03/2024 at 16:47, The Moonster said:

I think they've all got this problem. I told my girlfriend numerous times that I didn't like mushrooms and I'd prefer if she didn't use them in things. She said no problem but continued doing it anyway, just cutting them up smaller and adding them to meals thinking I don't notice. Rather than moan about it I just eat it because what's the fucking point. 

You should pick them all out and leave them piled up at the side of the plate...

13 hours ago, stimpy said:

ren-and.gif

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Were you forced at gunpoint / threatened with emasculation before marrying this woman ?

There was lots of sex, like lots and lots. 

I am but a Man. 

21 hours ago, stimpy said:

If you want revenge, can I suggest forcing her to watch Star Trek Discovery?

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

If you want revenge, can I suggest forcing her to watch Star Trek Discovery?

Even I gave up with that. First season was immense though. 

On 05/04/2024 at 22:34, stimpy said:

What was the app? I need to shut the bairn up about Young Sheldon.

Is this a woman thing in general or am I just ridiculously unlucky? 

When I was at home my mum would do this and my Mrs does exactly the same thing - if they are making the tea they shout "Tea's ready" so I'll go through to the kitchen to collect it only to be met with her either still dishing up or the food still in the oven/air fryer. So I'm left standing there waiting because if I go in I get moaned at for getting in the way when it's getting dished up. On the flipside, if I wait for a few minutes after being told tea's ready I'm then constantly shouted until I go through 🤦

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

When I was at home my mum would do this and my Mrs does exactly the same thing - if they are making the tea they shout "Tea's ready" so I'll go through to the kitchen to collect it only to be met with her either still dishing up or the food still in the oven/air fryer. So I'm left standing there waiting because if I go in I get moaned at for getting in the way when it's getting dished up. On the flipside, if I wait for a few minutes after being told tea's ready I'm then constantly shouted until I go through 🤦

In a similar vein, my wife will shout me, I’ll reply with “what” and it’s met with silence. 
It would appear that I’ve been summoned for reasons unknown to me, and pity help me if I ignore said summons as my dinner/coffee/beer could end up binned 

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's because, when they call you through after it's on the plate, you wait until the food's cold before you come through.

I'm assuming you're like my son here, who I tell dinner's ready when I start making it as it takes him about an hour to move his arse.

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I generally do the cooking in my house and that's how I behave.

It's a hint to come through and set the table, pour the wine/open a beer for the chef.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

It's because, when they call you through after it's on the plate, you wait until the food's cold before you come through.

I'm assuming you're like my son here, who I tell dinner's ready when I start making it as it takes him about an hour to move his arse.

No, I always acknowledge/d the shout and go/went through thereafter. The only reason I stopped doing that was because of the reasons I said. 

1 hour ago, Loonytoons said:

I generally do the cooking in my house and that's how I behave.

It's a hint to come through and set the table, pour the wine/open a beer for the chef.

We never had a dining room at home but my Mrs will sometimes shout for me to set the table if that's what she needs done, which makes the whole thing even more bizarre. 

Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/Supper

Anyone shouting your Teas ready/out for a meal, can f**k off with rest of their cricket/rowing chums. 

@arab r us kens

16 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/Supper

Anyone shouting your Teas ready/out for a meal, can f**k off with rest of their cricket/rowing chums. 

@arab r us kens

I was at school with a boy who called his lunch dinner.

Weirdo. 

10 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I was at school with a boy who called his lunch dinner.

Weirdo. 

One primary school I went to referred to lunch as "dinner time" and operated a ticket system which had "dinner ticket" printed on them. I remember because it was the height of hilarity to fold your ticket so it said "dicket". Yes, I was just as funny at that age.

This was the south of England, so maybe it's a regional thing.

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Maybe it's my age, but in Motherwell I never heard them referred to as anything else but "school dinners".  Also, we had dinner ladies, regardless of the lies peddled by the Simpsons about lunch lady Doris.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952c2927yr16ca1dbjc4s

27 minutes ago, BFTD said:

One primary school I went to referred to lunch as "dinner time" and operated a ticket system which had "dinner ticket" printed on them. I remember because it was the height of hilarity to fold your ticket so it said "dicket". Yes, I was just as funny at that age.

Aye I had a dinner ticket and they were school dinners. I internalised this as acceptable as school dinners were a cooked affair, compared to the packed lunch which was invariably at room temperature and, unless you were a trainspotting weirdo who brought a thermos of soup, uncooked.