Premier League 2017-2018

19 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

C’mon the saints!

Certainly hope so. 

Also just had this come out in the past couple of hours:

A West Ham season ticket holder who sits in a disabled area at the Olympic Stadium has been told to move - so that barriers may be erected in order to protect the Directors' Box.

And that's because his existing seat - which happens to be directly underneath the Directors' Box - is no longer available as a result of barriers being erected to prevent supporters from congregating on the platform below, as was the case for the recent match against Burnley.

"I'll no longer be able to sit there," the season ticket holder told KUMB. "I believe I sat right where all the trouble kicked off, but I couldn't make the last game as I wasn't well enough. I was offered a move to a downgraded seat which I refused - I paid for the best view and that's what I'd like. 

"I was told that was no longer an option [and asked again] where would I like to move to? My response was 'nowhere', you can refund me the rest of my season ticket. They told me that they'll call me tomorrow [Wednesday] to let me know what they'll be doing."

There was a vote on a popular West Ham forum, over 80% voting that they would happily back the side and give no more protests if the board don't turn up for the rest of the season. Unfortunately their ego's won't allow that. 

GSB.png

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now the extra security is costing the taxpayer due to the deal that Boris signed with West Ham,

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43584859

West Ham v Southampton: Extra security for London Stadium game to cost taxpayers £60,000

By Simon Stone

BBC Sport

West Ham trouble
The trouble at West Ham's game against Burnley is still the subject of a Football Association investigation

About £60,000 of taxpayers' money will be used to pay for increased security at West Ham's home Premier League match against Southampton on Saturday.

The match will be the first at London Stadium since trouble flared at the 3-0 defeat by Burnley on 10 March.

Twenty fans were given life bans, including four for invading the pitch.

A substantially increased security presence includes measures to stop fans getting in front of the directors' box as occurred during the Burnley game.

Under the terms of the Hammers' 99-year lease at the former Olympic Stadium - agreed by former London Mayor Boris Johnson - security is paid for by the centrally funded body that runs the venue.

Current London Mayor Sadiq Khan wants West Ham to make a financial contribution for similar security arrangements at the club's remaining home matches this season.

The Safety Advisory Group, the body responsible for supplying the safety certificate to allow the game to proceed, has warned any repeat of the trouble will result in matches being played behind closed doors.

Khan said: "The safety of all supporters and visitors to London Stadium is of paramount importance. Nobody wants to witness scenes like those during the last home game, which were caused by a small minority."

In a statement, West Ham reminded fans of "their responsibilities to themselves, their fellow supporters, the team and everyone associated with the club".

"Every ticket holder is an ambassador for this club," it read. "We encourage you all to join us in backing the team in a hugely important fixture and make us all feel proud of West Ham United again."

3 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
7 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:
Where did the 2 weeks go? It’s an early start for Crystal Palace away. What a couple of weeks ahead ... emoji4.png 

It felt like 2 weeks in the jail....im guessing obviously.

Come on Jimmy you support West Ham you know what it’s like. Andy from Perth who also likes skiing says they are like that. 

8 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Did the ref really just allow Liverpool to take a free kick given for offside from inside the Palace half!

These things even themselves out. He then gave Palace a penalty. 

12 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Did the ref really just allow Liverpool to take a free kick given for offside from inside the Palace half!

The law changed last year. 

If an offside offence occurs, the referee awards an indirect free kick where the offence occurred, including if it is in the player’s own half of the field of play.

An explanation from the Fa below

:
Q3: The Law now says that the IDFK for offside can be taken in the player’s own half but how can this be correct? 
It is correct because:
a player CAN NOT be in an offside POSITION in their own half
a player CAN commit an offside OFFENCE in their own half if they go back into their own half from an offside position 
With the exception of offences in the goal area, throughout the Laws every free kick is awarded from the place where the offence occurs so it is logical that this should also apply to offside.

3 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

The law changed last year. 

If an offside offence occurs, the referee awards an indirect free kick where the offence occurred, including if it is in the player’s own half of the field of play.

An explanation from the Fa below

:
Q3: The Law now says that the IDFK for offside can be taken in the player’s own half but how can this be correct? 
It is correct because:
a player CAN NOT be in an offside POSITION in their own half
a player CAN commit an offside OFFENCE in their own half if they go back into their own half from an offside position 
With the exception of offences in the goal area, throughout the Laws every free kick is awarded from the place where the offence occurs so it is logical that this should also apply to offside.

Thanks for that.

Archived