C**** on a Train

People trying to compare paying by card in pubs with doing the same in restaurants. They'd only be similar if you paid for each course individually. You get a bill at the end so paying by card is fine. In a pub you're up at the bar three or four times so using cash is a completely different situation.

Anyway, doesn't the merchant get charged a fee for each card transaction? Explains why a lot of places have a minimum amount where cards are accepted. Though I may be out of date on that one.

• 2 weeks later...
Tonight's driver was a c**t. He braked too hard and my post work bottle of beer (open) skidded across the table and leapt on to the thankfully empty seat opposite. It wasn't even an emergency stop. c**t. 
Pretty standard practice when you know there's a load of folk boozing it up behind you. Bonus points if you can see visible signs of spillage on the punters getting off.

ScotRail guards should be armed and trains should be dry 24/7
The only bother I ever got on the trains was when booze was involved. It's not the booze of course, it's the arseholes who can't handle it. They are horrible places at weekends though when everyone is pissed up.

On 22/02/2020 at 11:38, 19QOS19 said:
On 22/02/2020 at 09:36, MixuFixit said:
ScotRail guards should be armed and trains should be dry 24/7

The only bother I ever got on the trains was when booze was involved. It's not the booze of course, it's the arseholes who can't handle it. They are horrible places at weekends though when everyone is pissed up.

It's usually folk who are hammered before they get on the train that cause the bother, not people having a few cans on their journey. Got a train at 11am at Inverness heading for Huntly last Saturday, all nice and civilised until a hen party got on at Nairn followed by about 50 teenagers at Elgin, all them already legless, throwing up, the whole lot. Never thought I'd be so delighted to get to Huntly.

Edited by welshbairn