The Celtic All Seasons thread

46 minutes ago, AJF said:

That is a bit of a red neck to be fair.

I’ve no problem with republicans commemorating that anniversary, each to their own I suppose. Not got anything to do with the football club. 

4 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I’ve no problem with republicans commemorating that anniversary, each to their own I suppose. Not got anything to do with the football club. 

Sorry Drew but the matching jaikit brigade are in with the bricks at the club. They will continue to peddle hatred & celebrate terrorists with the tacit consent of the powers that be, much as they protest whenever UEFA levy the latest fine.

4 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Sorry Drew but the matching jaikit brigade are in with the bricks at the club. They will continue to peddle hatred & celebrate terrorists with the tacit consent of the powers that be, much as they protest whenever UEFA levy the latest fine.

This. They’ve commemorated it in their capacity as a recognised Celtic Supporters group. It’s a bad look attaching that to the club and I’m sure Celtic probably wish they didn’t.

5 hours ago, bennett said:

Atleast they're giving  Lennon and Lawwell some peace now. 

EvY4QaFXEAQe-Aw?format=jpg&name=900x900

I know that some people are finding themselves with a bit of spare time to kill these days, but what sort of people have ‘making Bobby Sands banners and putting them up around Glasgow’ high up on their agenda for the day? 

14 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I know that some people are finding themselves with a bit of spare time to kill these days, but what sort of people have ‘making Bobby Sands banners and putting them up around Glasgow’ high up on their agenda for the day? 

It’s more than a football club, apparently.

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It’s more than a football club, apparently.

The sad thing is that to a lot of Old Firm supporters, it is more than a football club. It’s their full life and a distinguishing feature of their character. 

2 hours ago, Perkin Flump said:

Yip he was a member of the British parliament  the same guys that sent the troops into Iraq for unlawful seasons "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter"

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

The sad thing is that to a lot of Old Firm supporters, it is more than a football club. It’s their full life and a distinguishing feature of their character. 

It is.

In much the same way that not being an Old Firm supporter is treated as a personality trait.

7 minutes ago, G51 said:

It is.

In much the same way that not being an Old Firm supporter is treated as a personality trait.

I would actually agree with you there, however a much less toxic personality trait than OF supporters.

When the diddy team supporters start marching down High Streets on a Saturday morning playing songs about 17th century battles, or hanging up banners of an Irish Republican politician 40 years after his death because of the football team they support, then they can be compared. 

22 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I would actually agree with you there, however a much less toxic personality trait than OF supporters.

When the diddy team supporters start marching down High Streets on a Saturday morning playing songs about 17th century battles, or hanging up banners of an Irish Republican politician 40 years after his death because of the football team they support, then they can be compared. 

Was talking to my nephew he reckons Eddie Howe  is taking it and has put his direction of football in who he has worked with before 

Interesting times if this is true for the new season

12 hours ago, bennett said:

received_1014350662382221.jpeg.d82465d51

EvlLeQDXIAQMSIg?format=jpg&name=900x900

Having already conceded the league in October it’s more interesting to watch the relegation battle 😂 

Two plastic pitches on the way out by the looks of it! Even though I do have a soft spot for Accies given they’re my second closes footballing venue.

Season ticket renewals are coming up at Parkhead, so I assume we’ll see some movement on the managerial front soon.

4 minutes ago, stressball said:

Having already conceded the league in October it’s more interesting to watch the relegation battle 😂 

Two plastic pitches on the way out by the looks of it! Even though I do have a soft spot for Accies given they’re my second closes footballing venue.

Season ticket renewals are coming up at Parkhead, so I assume we’ll see some movement on the managerial front soon.

I wouldn't mind seeing the back of Kilmarnock's pitch but part of me would like to see them stay up, I've a feeling that Hamilton will get something against Aberdeen at the weekend as they fight to stay up.

Fergus McCann is responsible for ensuring that Celtic fans cannot get a meaningful shareholding in their club, and will forever be subject to the whims of whatever incompetent Desmond is alive at the time.

So thank you wee Fergus. RIP and that.