The Celtic All Seasons thread

2 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

You are probably not far off the mark but it says more about the EPL and ludicrous sums of money than the player. If he was in a Celtic strip now would an English club offer that kind of money for a decent Scottish player? Not a chance. 

Lyon paid 20m for Dembele and Celtic are demanding more for Tierney, so who knows. Celtic's problem is the biscuit tin stopped them beating AEK to get in the CL which would have boosted player values if they'd performed in the groups. I doubt Villa would sell SJM for anything under 40m tbh. 

5 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Ah, din't even know there was such a thing, I assume this is behind a paywall too?

Yeah, sure is.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/celtic-links-to-abuse-scandal-boys-club-revealed-5k8gb833r?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1559198851

Can only get as far as that. Seen the full front page posted elsewhere though.

13 hours ago, Dele said:

Andy Carroll would be an excellent squad signing (if he can be kept fit and takes a considerable wage drop). 

He can't, he is done. 

Exactly the sort of player Celtic should avoid at all costs. 

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Cheers looks like Celtics own documents say the boys Club was a bigger part of Celtic than they are letting on. 

7 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Cheers looks like Celtics own documents say the boys Club was a bigger part of Celtic than they are letting on. 

Allegedly (from a *** fan) the actual info is a bit flimsy. Just a surprise to see it reported in the times and not the record or the star IMO.

Guest Moomintroll

From what I am taking from the Celtic fans on here commenting on this, is that they are welcoming what is happening & are supporting whatever the outcome is in order to rid their club of the historical issues & get closure for the victims. If I am reading it wrongly then I will apologise but I am not seeing a lot of deflection or whataboutery here in relation to these crimes.

5 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

From what I am taking from the Celtic fans on here commenting on this, is that they are welcoming what is happening & are supporting whatever the outcome is in order to rid their club of the historical issues & get closure for the victims. If I am reading it wrongly then I will apologise but I am not seeing a lot of deflection or whataboutery here in relation to these crimes.

^^^ Bigot