The Celtic All Seasons thread

No the narrative has now changed seeing as they’re stuck with him.  Now he’s a hero who came calling when Celtic needed him the most.  A noble soul who’s guiding hand steaded the good ship Celtic to both a league and Scottish cup.

Ignoring the few last min goals, the overall shite performance and the lashing out at players attitude and commitment (You’ll be hearing that often in Oct/Nov) and a utter jobbies display against a injury ravaged Hearts team.

This is gonna be win win for us.  If he somehow manages to get another title.  The blue arse will hate it if it’s him to get them to 9AR.  If he fails it will be fucking hilarious.

Aye, treble treble and 8 in a row, some of that already done with lennon at the helm.
Stick to you championship threads, you're fucking out of your depth here.
_103888096_caldwell1.jpg.70e42f9c90ed24c080e814ce42cf192f.jpg
Reach a little further... You have missed some straws up the very top

Really obvious on here that Celtic fans are really not happy with this appointment, and trying to hide it with bravado. And for some reason they just can’t take in that every fan outwith the “Celtic Family” are ecstatic  with this extremely backward appointment. I will concede that Lennon may win another two leagues, but there is no way in the world that any more trebles will come from his watch.

16 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Really obvious on here that Celtic fans are really not happy with this appointment, and trying to hide it with bravado. And for some reason they just can’t take in that every fan outwith the “Celtic Family” are ecstatic  with this extremely backward appointment. I will concede that Lennon may win another two leagues, but there is no way in the world that any more trebles will come from his watch.

What you said is a very easy thing to say,it's always possible to lose a cup game I think most Celtic fans would take the double every season(Scottish cup and league).
Would you say McInnes is a better manager than Lennon?
For me Lennon is a good appointment with one of the best squads Celtic has ever had,the nucleus of this squad if they stay at Celtic can go on for at least another 5 to 6 years.
In Lennon's last season at Celtic we only lost one game in the league,Brown,Biton,Lustig,Griffiths,Izaguirre and Forrest all getting game time plus Rogic and McGregor going out on loan.

Lennon talking about doing a quad treble yesterday was pretty odd when he has CL groups to negotiate first. That's your immediate goal Lennon, not a quad treble.  And going by what I've seen of you back at Celtic so far a quad treble is pretty fanciful right now.  I bet Celtic fans would be happy with just the league as long as they got CL with it.   

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

What you said is a very easy thing to say,it's always possible to lose a cup game I think most Celtic fans would take the double every season(Scottish cup and league).
Would you say McInnes is a better manager than Lennon?
For me Lennon is a good appointment with one of the best squads Celtic has ever had,the nucleus of this squad if they stay at Celtic can go on for at least another 5 to 6 years.
In Lennon's last season at Celtic we only lost one game in the league,Brown,Biton,Lustig,Griffiths,Izaguirre and Forrest all getting game time plus Rogic and McGregor going out on loan.

It’s pretty difficult to say who is the better manager, Lennon or McInnes, because they’re not managing on a level playing field, but when Lennon was at Hibs, there is no doubt that McInnes had his number. But my point was that most clubs fans will be happy that Celtic have not been able to attract a better manager than Lennon, because it will undoubtedly give other teams a decent shot at a cup and break the monopoly. It doesn’t really bother me that much if Celtic win 20 leagues in a row.

4 minutes ago, DurrantsKneeIsJelly said:

The main point here is why you feel the need to push the point from an obscure post relating to one Celtic fan. The thing about this sort of subject on a chat forum is that it can’t be handled in any real seriousness. Added into the bargain you refer to Celtic fans as travellers, it makes for you not really having any credence on the matter. 

The post wasn't obscure.  We could all read it.  All I did was summarise an article posted and that summary, which no-one has challenged, was described as 'a grenade'.  Odd wording but unsurprising.

I treat the subject seriously.  I replied to an article posted on this thread as that's what we do since it's a discussion board.  Nothing I posted on Tuesday was in the least  bit offensive.

I have never referred to, "Celtic fans as travellers".  I get accused of plenty of things but this one won't stick.  I may have used the phrase, "Celtic fans and fellow travellers"  but you have to google 'fellow travellers' to understand the difference.  Pretty embarrassing that I should be giving you lessons in English usage.

If any of my posts on Tuesday were at all out of order then quote them.  If they broke the forum's protocol then do the decent thing and ask of a moderator to deal with it.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

It’s pretty difficult to say who is the better manager, Lennon or McInnes, because they’re not managing on a level playing field, but when Lennon was at Hibs, there is no doubt that McInnes had his number. But my point was that most clubs fans will be happy that Celtic have not been able to attract a better manager than Lennon, because it will undoubtedly give other teams a decent shot at a cup and break the monopoly. It doesn’t really bother me that much if Celtic win 20 leagues in a row.

We can't take anything you say at face value.

You said Aberdeen fans being sectarian was just banter.

Unlucky.

I have never referred to, "Celtic fans as travellers".  I may have used the phrase, "Celtic fans and fellow travellers"  but you have to google 'fellow travellers' to understand the difference.  Pretty embarrassing that I should be giving you lessons in English usage.

Bollocks, you know what and who you were referring to when you said ‘you and your fellow travellers‘.

I don't think so, wee Drew.  We all know that you and your fellow travellers get apoplectic at even the slightest hint and lots of frillies have been fankled for no reason.  I know that from personal experience.