The Celtic All Seasons thread

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

Having the talent at the club already was the biggest bonus,you could argue all day long these players have just came of age and it's their time.
There is no doubt Brendan's man management gave them belief to carry the success.
Dembele and Ajer were recruited before Brendan took charge,Griffiths scored 40 goals for Deila's last season plus Tierney and McGregor burst on the scene.

You've literally completely ignored my question to waffle shite.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Listen Lennon in my opinion made Hibs better but your asking a Celtic fan,this squad he has now is better than the one he got from Strachan.
Celtic and Lennon are batting from a stronger position.

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

You stated, in the Aberdeen v Rangers Scottish Cup thread that the Dons fans calling Steven Gerrard a 'sad ***********' was not sectarian, it was all done in jest/humour, when you had a go at Celtic fans (correctly I may add) for aiming the same chant at Derek McInnes you flat out denied this when I pointed out your hypocrisy, when I posted a link to your comment in an attempt to squirm out of the monumental red neck of a scenario you found yourself in you went down the obsessed, boring, nothing better to do route.

Fact is you made a spectacular arse of yourself and had no other way of defending yourself or deflecting away from it than to label those who mocked you as boring etc....a bit like the *** default retort when they are laughed at for various hilarious reasons. 

You have already made a complete plum of yourself surrounding this incident once, I wouldn't go there a second time. 

Ok, I’ll stay schtum. Don’t think that one other will, though.

11 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Was that the Rajamaki or whatever he was called, along with the other Finnish guy, side?

Aye. Janne Lindberg. Lindberg was way too good for us. Rajamaki wasn't great but still a good and at times vital player.

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yet Rodgers got them performing well, well, beyond what those two could.

Recruiting players is the easy part, creating a team from the players is the hard part. Rodgers, and Clarke, showed good managers can work with anything and turn it to gold, has Lennon ever done that?

I mean he wasn’t faultless but he did beat Barcelona with a team containing Miku and made the last 16 of the Champions League.

6 hours ago, Romeo said:
6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Do you think Lennon will win the league next year?

Course he will. He only has Deek Mcinnes to beat ffs.

Apparently Celtic's transfer targets have been leaked and they're launching an investigation into what they believe is a criminal matter.
I haven't seen any of the names so have no idea if it's genuine, but if something like that has managed to get out then it's v embarrassing and v funny.

Apparently Celtic's transfer targets have been leaked and they're launching an investigation into what they believe is a criminal matter.
I haven't seen any of the names so have no idea if it's genuine, but if something like that has managed to get out then it's v embarrassing and v funny.
Wasnt Lenny having issues with leaks at Hibs?

I have the faintest sense of a banter period incoming for Celtic.

I do hope so anyway

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Surely that is made up shite?

A lot of the players mentioned have been linked for the past 3/4 months tbf, I reckon it's true.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

A lot of the players mentioned have been linked for the past 3/4 months tbf, I reckon it's true.

True but most of that looks like if you were enough of a sad c**t with enough time on your hands you could produce that without much insider knowledge.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Lets get behind it just in case.

Fair

Stephen McGowan of The Daily Mail is saying it is genuine. He is widely considered Peter Lawwells go to man in the Scottish press. Probably is real, which makes it hugely embarrassing. I mean, look at the players who have been mentioned...

Edited by Ross.

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Surely that is made up shite?

I dont know what to make of it myself. There is spelling errors for some of the players.

57 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That kind of makes me sway that it could be a fake. Easy enough to put players linked in already.

12 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Stephen McGowan of The Daily Mail is saying it is genuine. He is widely considered Peter Lawwells go to man in the Scottish press. Probably is real, which makes it hugely embarrassing. I mean, look at the players who have been mentioned...

Indeed, a good few championship jobbers. I mean I can understand looking at that league as the standard is higher and they also play a shitload of games like we do so would make sense to look at them but value wise its gone to pot of late.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I dont know what to make of it myself. There is spelling errors for some of the players.

Makes it more authentic. If this was a hoaxer, they'd have been reading about the linked names and wouldn't be so inclined to get them wrong. This is an audio transcription from someone who's not so familiar with some of the names (the Celtic players tend to have the correct spelling) and who hasn't thought about, or isn't too fussed about, looking up the names they can't spell. It's consistent with the work of some random office clerk in Celtic's back office typing up the minutes of a meeting they were attending, and not so consistent with anything else.

Besides, anyone with the imagination to make a hoax of this sort, would also have the imagination to make it more fun - throw a couple of bizarro transfer prospects or a DD/NL meltdown or something. Upwards of a 90% chance this is the real thing.